Author Topic: What music do you use?  (Read 4209 times)

DrLuminepsi

What music do you use?
« on: January 04, 2013, 07:45:14 PM »
Do any of you try to use music, and if you do, what music do you use.... personally, I go for an Asian feel (drums, whistles, Asian sounding music) while wearing a "martial art" style top and bottom...

Mediaboy13

Re: What music do you use?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 03:47:33 AM »
Well that depends, are you using music for a stage routine, street performance, or just practising?

-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

5p3ak

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 01:04:52 PM »
I think it basically depends on your style.
Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai

BatJacopo

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 02:12:36 PM »
I usually listen dubstep when I'm diaboloing and juggling, but there are also other very cool songs such as "Canon Rock". I love this music because it focus and carghes me. But I think I'm the only that listen this kind of music when diaboloing or juggling... Anyway this music is perfect for my diaboloing.

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 03:52:21 PM »
Remember, the thing about music is that it cannot distract from a video, it has to be good and all, but if it is dubstep or hard rock then it will distract from the main focus, which should be diabolo tricks. I am not saying it i bad to have good music, that's fine, music has to be integrated somehow but don't make it just music that you like to listen to because that will not be as good. Sometimes it looks funny how some low-medium difficulty videos have songs such as "bangarang" in the background when people do an elevator XD it cracks me up

BatJacopo

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 05:41:38 PM »
But when the music is combined with the diabolo tricks it's cool!

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 07:49:35 PM »
But when the music is combined with the diabolo tricks it's cool!

When good music is combined with good tricks then yes, but when you look at the professional videos you realise that people do not have super duper music. Your skill level has to be quite high to have cool music in your videos, but when you look at people with a high skill level you realise that they do not use it. Look at Guillaume's white clock purple clock, it fits the style and even though he does epic tricks it is not too overpowering. That is the thing, if you put music that you like, like canon rock (I lvoe that song) then it just makes the video less professional, this may seem weird that I am saying that, even though I have no proper video yet but I get my knowledge from my dad who used to make videos, he recently invested in a £2000 camera to make a small scale documentary, so he knows this stuff.

Icebox

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 08:31:08 PM »
I'm inclined to agree with Ronnie. Music should set the tone of the video without being a "part" of the video. The music should support the tricks, rather than compete for attention with the tricks. It should be able to fade into the background, without being so forgettable that the video has no impact.

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 09:14:50 PM »
Music should set the tone of the video without being a "part" of the video. The music should support the tricks, rather than compete for attention with the tricks. It should be able to fade into the background, without being so forgettable that the video has no impact.
Exactly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal