Author Topic: 4 low  (Read 33919 times)

Duncan

• Administrator
Re: 4 low
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2007, 12:01:04 AM »
OK. I tried tonight to make a 4 low start using a one-hand stall and handthrow diabolo 4, then go into a normal twohandstall exit and have the fourth one drop into the pattern.

By this, I assume that you mean Williams finishing stall at the end of his 3d performance run? It must be a really fast transition to the two handed stall and exit.

When you say synch, are you going for a mainly one handed synch pattern (like Ryo and William) rather than the asynch pattern we've seen attempted? If it's synch, would widening the width between your hands make it a bit easier to hold 4 in synch?

-Duncan

Eric Moffett

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2007, 12:23:02 AM »
I thought that when you shuffle with one hand it you were shuffling with one hand since there isn't another hand to compare to, let's say sync or async
Diabolo Acquired - Thurday, 2/08/07
Vertax Skill Acquired - Thursday, 4/12/07
2 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Tuesday, 5/29/07
3 Diabolo Skill Acquired - Eh, No?

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2007, 12:23:45 AM »
That sounds insane Diabolo88. 5OTT is still cool imo.

Nice new avatar Duncan. Very Professional
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2007, 09:24:21 AM »
By this, I assume that you mean Williams finishing stall at the end of his 3d performance run? It must be a really fast transition to the two handed stall and exit.

When you say synch, are you going for a mainly one handed synch pattern (like Ryo and William) rather than the asynch pattern we've seen attempted? If it's synch, would widening the width between your hands make it a bit easier to hold 4 in synch?

Yes you know which stall it is.

It wasn´t really that fast, it was just that I threw the start diabolo high enough to set up. To get it into rotation is a problem. That one round was a fluke because the other times everything just collided. To split up the sticks fast enough again from the onehanded I usually hold the string that holds the middle diabolo between my ring and longfinger. That makes it fast to separate the sticks again.

I thought that when you shuffle with one hand it you were shuffling with one hand since there isn't another hand to compare to, let's say sync or async

I was only using my right hand as far as I know (this is how I usually shuffle three). However if it truly was sync or not I do not know because it all fell apart so fast (there wasn´t even a chance to use the left because I panicked). However it was a considerably lower shuffle than the one I´ve seen those french guys do. A heavy async is probably the easiest way to go for 4 low though because in my head I just can´t see how you would get a sync solid. It seems you would need more string as well. Who knows, maybe it´s possible?

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2007, 09:54:04 AM »
Who knows, maybe it´s possible?

*resists urge to say cliche statement* Keep trying and maybe in a few years you'll have something cracked. In any case, you're using the start that I thought of when I saw William's finishing stall - it seems like an ideal transition if you're used to a throw start method.

-Duncan (expects regular progress checks ;))

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2007, 10:05:19 AM »
Defiantly more string. Add another 15cm.

ONE THOUSAND POSTS!  :D
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2007, 11:25:43 AM »
Don't want the string too long, they'd probably hit the ground :D

THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY TWO POSTS! :P
Well done Will ;)

« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2007, 01:07:31 PM »
Well, ive noticed the string gives less and less slack with more diabolos, cause there pushing it up and around more constantly.
I think a huge string would definitely help.
127 POSTS!!!!!

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2007, 11:34:09 PM »
Not so it hits the floor ;) Around floor to lip/nose

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2007, 11:38:33 PM »
*resists urge to say cliche statement*

LOL, yeah I know ;).

Keep trying and maybe in a few years you'll have something cracked. In any case, you're using the start that I thought of when I saw William's finishing stall - it seems like an ideal transition if you're used to a throw start method.

The way I learnt three was to drop them down from three high and then just keep my hands perfectly still to "feel the beat". I wonder if that would be possible with four as well as if they can keep going by themselves the same way three does for a bit of time.

Anyway, this stuff with 4 is not something I´m going to keep practicing. Just figured someone who has better patience with it could have fun giving it a go. If you add too much more string, I think the exit from the stall itself would be more difficult. Maybe a high exit works, but I can´t try that because I can´t do it + it´s slower.

Well, ive noticed the string gives less and less slack with more diabolos, cause there pushing it up and around more constantly.
I think a huge string would definitely help.

Like Yabe´s trick where he stands on a chair? If so, I think not :P.

« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2007, 02:12:59 PM »
Not so it hits the floor ;) Around floor to lip/nose

Do you mean when the diabolo is in it(Each side of the string is half), or stretched out? Because stretched out i use from floor to forehead(Entire string length)

yonm13

« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2007, 09:29:14 PM »
I don't have enogh power to read those idk how many pages.. so all i have to say is about to get into those 2 sentences:
4 Diabolo low is cool.
4 diabolo low must be done.
Absolutely NOTHING Here.

kah hoe

« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2007, 01:53:50 AM »

Shaun

• Donator
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2007, 10:19:35 PM »
4low and 4high
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f__Zi6Tftec
The 4 low at the end didn't go that long, but looked great!! best 4 low attempt i've seen yet.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2007, 10:41:23 PM »
The Carvin convention video by Petit Lu contains a brief 4low run by the same guys. Great example of a big asynch pattern

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2007, 05:20:24 PM »
Dont forget Ofek's attempt halfway through this video:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-8pGulYhZFQ

Boost my views a little :)
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

TomMiller

« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2007, 05:53:04 PM »
it was more  three quarters of the way through ::), But that was a nice attempt by him ,very good
Its hard peeing in the dark becuase you dont know if it went in the toilet

Diabolo Aqquired/some time near the end of july/
2 Diabolo skill aqquirered/2007/9/16 14:44/
3 Diabolo skill aqquired/      /

(yes i coppyed Eric Moffetts sig)

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2007, 08:10:10 PM »
remember this video? http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=252.0 well ryo does some 4 low here. just on two different strings  :P . i'd like to see more of this i mean how hard can it be?
more boundaries could be opened here.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2007, 08:49:04 PM »
The Carvin convention video by Petit Lu contains a brief 4low run by the same guys. Great example of a big asynch pattern

That is why I think async works better. Their pattern looks a lot more relaxed. If 3D sync requires 2D to be at the string beside eachother at all times, wouldn´t 4 sync mean 3 on the string all the time? It just seems like it would be much easier to get a relaxed async pattern.

Dont forget Ofek's attempt halfway through this video:http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-8pGulYhZFQ

Hasn´t Dekel aslo tried lowering his 4? Dunno what video that was though ???.

Beni

« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2007, 08:52:56 PM »
Ben: it is a very cool trick but I guess it's extremely hard to get the onehanded rocket starts and perfect shuffles. Also, the strings are 'closed' making things difficult. It would be awesome if people nailed duicides like that.

Beni
(2d+2d duicide pirouette... one day...)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal