Author Topic: Is it worth buying for ME  (Read 2885 times)

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
Is it worth buying for ME
« on: January 08, 2013, 09:09:58 PM »
So I buy 5 of every diabolo, I have 5 taibolos, 5 sundia suns, soon to be 5 finesse and also soon to be 5 Epic diabolos (this is excluding the 3 sundia shining triple bearings that I have got) to complete my collection of pro diabolos I have been thinking of buying some Circus diabolos, more precisely 5 white Circuses with the white Ultra light kit. however I was wondering if it is worth it, I know most of the awesome French diaboloists have learned to do 4D with Circuses and that is exactly what I want it for, however what other good thing are circuses good at compared to all other diabs? I think I will but them as a collectors item rather than to actually use them but still I want to know if there is anything that circuses are good at compared to other diabolos, I know they have different mounting kits ant et cetera however what I mean is a unique thing about the diabolo, like finesse diabolos are good for integrals and diabolo high, Epic diabolos and Taibolos are good for multiple diabolos because of their shape and lightweight, I know sundia suns are good because they are a nice and heavier weight which means they are more stable at low speeds and I know sundia shining triple bearing diabolos are good for vertax because of the bearings, their large axle and they are good for yo-yo stlye tricks because of how long they spin.

Diabolo88

• Donator
Re: Is it worth buying for ME
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 11:39:55 PM »
Circus was my main until Diabigs. Really allround diabolo and very durable so I'd say they're good for everything but nothing stands out. Pretty stable at low speeds too but I thought most 5 inch were? Shape + material makes them very responsive.

Go for the POM-hubs or something else (not the standard ones). Got JC's kits in Munich and they are really good. Can also recommend the wide acrobats (if they're still made?).

As for them being worth buying for you impossible to know. I don't know what your preferences are. Buying any diabolo with the intention of having as a collectors item seems weird to me though(?).

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 12:28:10 AM »
Well thank you very much for your advice.

Pretty stable at low speeds too but I thought most 5 inch were?
I said that because I used to use the trapeze/arm stall start for 4D which meant I had to have diabolos that were quite stable at very low speeds and lighter diabolos are just by the laws of physics less stable. I never had anything smaller than 5 inch diaspora apart from my really old harlequins.

Buying any diabolo with the intention of having as a collectors item seems weird to me though(?).
Well yes it is not conventional however I, as I am sure that anyone on this forum is, am addicted to diabolo and when you throw in a mix of tiny OCD you get an explosive mixture  :P : seriously though I am willing to buy this diabolo just to complete the set but I guess that I am asking this because I don't want to buy it just so it is there as a collectors item, I am trying to find something that will mean I will actually be able to use the diabolo for something and actually be able to use it, besides the white diabolos with the white ultra light kit just look so streamline and gorgeous to me  :-D

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 10:28:28 AM »
Well yes it is not conventional however I, as I am sure that anyone on this forum is, am addicted to diabolo and when you throw in a mix of tiny OCD you get an explosive mixture  : seriously though I am willing to buy this diabolo just to complete the set but I guess that I am asking this because I don't want to buy it just so it is there as a collectors item, I am trying to find something that will mean I will actually be able to use the diabolo for something and actually be able to use it, besides the white diabolos with the white ultra light kit just look so streamline and gorgeous to me 

Ah well like said nothing about it really stands out in my mind but even compared to the newer brands it's still a very allround quality diabolo (be able use it you will). Then if you'll like it all comes down personal preference but with all the kits chances are you can tweak them more to your liking if you don't like them from the go. Just check your ideal weight/shape of a diab and go from there if you need to upgrade?

However saying finesse is good for high...Circuses are better for sure. There I sad it. Prepared to get flamed by finesse fanboys :-D.

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 05:48:48 PM »
Yeah finesse diabs are not too good for high because they go in all directions but they are made of a rubber like material that most diabolos don't have

Wis

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 06:37:23 PM »
Well, I have two things to say to that: Guillaume and Sharpes.

I have loved circi all my life, and just not long ago I got finally some taibolos. I am very glad with them, and they ease the learning. But what I feel is that once you can do a trick with taibolos you can do it almost immediately with Circi. I am not aware of any very massive advantage but:
- they are the more long lasting diabolos out there (2 of mines have 20 years and a lot of use (they belonged to smbd else)) and,
- the cups have a very nice feeling which contrasts a lot with the painful material used in taibolos, for example. A hit in your toe with a circus is like a kiss, try a taibolo...

Ah! I understand perfectly the collector approach. I am in no rush, and I will not get 5 of each. But I also plan to have a collection. So far 3 circi, 3 finesses, 3 taibolos, 2 shinning suns (that will shine for ever since I don't use them)
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Graham Milligan

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 05:58:06 PM »
awww, there nothing better than a bit of " i want every diabolo fever"
i really want a pair of tiabolo v2's and shinning suns. Infact while on the subject what would you guys recommend about both these types of diabolos? im a finnesse fan myself but dong really like doing high throws so i cant really back them up.
Some Craic!

Mediaboy13

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 12:10:29 PM »
awww, there nothing better than a bit of " i want every diabolo fever"
i really want a pair of tiabolo v2's and shinning suns. Infact while on the subject what would you guys recommend about both these types of diabolos? im a finnesse fan myself but dong really like doing high throws so i cant really back them up.
I've got a pair of V2s and a mate of mine has 3 suns so i've gotton to use them both :)
In my opinion go for the V2s mainly because being Tiabolo's they were specially designed for multiple diabolo use. They are also extremely stable in 2D and easy to control and correct. There is also a light and heavy version of the Sun (lighter with more transparent cups), lighter is better for L.E.D lights and weighs 255 grams, while the heavy version weighs 290 grams and the V2 also wieghs 255 grams. If you like heavy diabolos go for heavy sun (although light sun and V2 are pretty heavy themselves), so if you really like transparent cups go for Sun (or Glary/Music Note Tiabolo but i won't go into that now). If you don't mind cups go for V2 just because simply tiabolo's were made for multiple diabolo use. Both are fine for 1D.

Hope that helps and message me if you have any other questions!  :-D
-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Graham Milligan

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 03:12:19 PM »
hmmm, ive aready got finesses so i dont really need more heavy diabolos.
and ive got glarys but i hate them, so i might just have to wait for an EJC and then test them myself.
no one in northern ireland has any of them because nobody plays bloody diabolo!! literally the only other person in belfast who diabolo'd as religiously as me moved to brighton. However i do get to see grant goldie and donald grant now and again so it aint all bad!
Some Craic!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal