Author Topic: New 4D starts  (Read 2577 times)

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
New 4D starts
« on: January 14, 2013, 07:51:08 PM »
Ok guys so you have probably all seen the Diabolo 2012 collaboration, If you haven't then I highly advise you do.
Anyway I was inspired by Robin to learn his 4D start, and although it way look simple it is not.
Firstly it was hard to even get something going! In the video below you see my first every attempt at it and at the 4D hover start:
Look in the description ^ ^

Then I did some attempts when I got home from my Holiday:
4D new start attempts

However I knew I was doing something wrong, and that was the fact that I let out my diabolo out of the stall too early (the one on the left from my POV) so I tried a little more:
Robin's start at club

But still nothing happened, finally after a little over a week since I first tried it, this happened:
New start first time

And so I will be continuing my journey, however instead of this just being a topic about one start, how about you, the community, share your idea for a 4D 9maybe even 5D start?

Graham Milligan

Re: New 4D starts
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 08:05:16 PM »
Im no 4D master or anything of the sort. but just from looking would it not be easier to release the diabolo in your left hand first before  the diabolo your hovering? Give it try, as i cannot.
Some Craic!

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 08:28:57 PM »
Im no 4D master or anything of the sort. but just from looking would it not be easier to release the diabolo in your left hand first before  the diabolo your hovering? Give it try, as i cannot.
nononononononono don't do that
it messes up the whole thing, it only works if you do it so that it is released a bit after the hover, trust me. I hope Robin does a tutorial for this in the Planet-diabolo tutorials DVD though! It will sure help other people and if I don't master the start by the time the video is released then it may help me!

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 10:35:58 PM »
Also guys, today I managed to get a really stable shuffle! I had a really good start and my shuffle went of for over 30 catches! I think that this is a great start if you have a good shuffle already. However that was my only good run today. If I practise I am sure that I will get it stable by the end of this month!

plop

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 12:21:51 PM »
Really nice !  :o
I'll test it this after-noon !  :-D

Mediaboy13

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 11:15:05 PM »
You my friend may have just created a revolution in 4D starts (or will create one, when more people get up to the 4D benchmark  ;))

Here i am still trying to create cool 3D starts and then there's you with the same idea but with 4D haha. Have you seen the 4D rocket start? It's really interesting and i hate rocket starts in all forms so i don't get it, but it looks great!

Keep up the great work!  :-D
-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 11:26:08 PM »
I have an update to my evolution as well...
Just a run ^ ^

It took me 2 days! I got an ok run before but my dad stepped into the camera when I was doing it >:C

Mediaboy13

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 08:40:37 AM »
Really good run dude within a month or two you'll be up with Etienne!

Keep up the great work!  8)
-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 10:04:22 PM »
ok people, i Think this will be my last update tot his thread, Part 3 of my 4D evolution will be released around February/March and I have to have some secret stuff to show you ^ ^
Club new start II  8)

Here I compare my best run from the new self start and the best run from my throw in, not the best in my history but the best today

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 11:47:26 PM »
Pretty awesome! My 3D level right now is around the same as your 4d. And the thumbnail for your video cracks me up

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal