Author Topic: Cup material - Sundia Fly single vs. triple bearing  (Read 3204 times)

Anzassin

Cup material - Sundia Fly single vs. triple bearing
« on: January 16, 2013, 11:41:59 AM »
This winter our school bought four sundia fly single bearing -diabolos for a performance - a cup broke from three of them.
In http://www.aprilli.fi/PublishedService?file=page&pageID=9&itemcode=10634 they say "more durable cups".
If i understood right they compare them (sundia fly triple bearing's cups) to sundia fly single bearing's cups.
If so, is there really any markable difference?

Btw, sundia shining triple bearing, no cup damage at all after weeks of training in the cold. Lovin' it.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
Re: Cup material - Sundia Fly single vs. triple bearing
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 07:31:12 PM »
Good to see more Finns here on board.

We in Kumiankka stopped selling Sundia Fly's for this cup breaking problem. Fly's cup material doesn't handle Finnish winter well. After they started to break we first sent replacements for all the people that bought from us. After that we stopped selling them and changed to Sundia Shinings which can survive cold temperatures better. If you compare three cup materials here's how I see it.

Breaks the easiest:     Sundia Fly  (solid colors)
Much better but some have had problems:   Sundia Shining Marble colors (solid color with marble design, like the one on the link you just gave)
Best cup material from Sundia (bearing diabolos):    Sundia Shining Transparent (see through material)

Basically I've seen Flys break so often. Even from drop from waist level down. So if you own a Fly you should make sure the plastic is warm before you start playing.  The Sundia Shining Marble diabolos seem to last much longer but I've seen them break as well. Only model I haven't yet heard bad about has been the transparent.

As for the question you have had, yes there is big difference between Fly's and Shinings. They have the same axle system (1x or 3x bearings both fit) but cups last much longer.
┬źDiabolo, whiter than the whitest!┬╗

Anzassin

Re: Cup material - Sundia Fly single vs. triple bearing
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 06:10:10 AM »
Thanks for reply!

Sundia Shining triple bearings are out of stock, it may tell something ;) I have to order a single one..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal