Taibolo Carbon
3 (6.8%)
Self-made
3 (6.8%)
Other
4 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: December 31, 2013, 01:13:38 PM

Author Topic: Favourite handsticks poll  (Read 11114 times)

MartinJ

Re: Favourite handsticks poll
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 04:06:37 PM »
Self made definitely

Plus they cost about 4.75 Canadian dollars
Just get your old wooden sticks, drill a hole 1cm away from the end (don't use the old hole, turn them upside down), then drill a hole in the centre of the top so the two holes cross, then sand them down. After all that get some badminton or tennis grip and cover up the old hole and then thread up the string!

can you show me them on a picture?  :)

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 04:07:09 PM »
Henry's Carbon. Not that I have used many other sticks, but I love them.

the_vik_vh

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 08:38:29 PM »
Taibolo, although I am waiting form some deos sticks
is there still a way of getting those? i searched on the internet and netjuggler said they didnt have them anymore

Scharling

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 08:40:05 PM »
Yup - contact Sylvestre Dewa on facebook :-).

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 01:34:17 PM »
Here's a couple of follow up questions to create some interesting data:

What other handsticks have you tried in the past, and what set your current favorite pair apart from all the other ones you tried?

For me, I've tried almost all the handsticks on the poll plus some modded ones, and sundia short carbons have felt the best (though I might go for the Deos if I were bothered to request them). They don't have the flex of some other carbon sticks and they're just the right weight for everything I care to practice. It also doesn't hurt that they haven't bent or snapped like many other sticks I've used, so maybe its just luck/lack of other props that they're my "favorite".

Mediaboy13

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 12:35:52 AM »
I started out using wooden, then went to some sort of carbon, then i found MB Xtremes which i have used for afew years now and love them to death! I've also tried using my friends Henry's aluminiums but they didn't feel that great and my other friends short Sundia Carbons, which i enjoyed a lot but figured they were too light. May still get a pair though  :-|

-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 08:24:50 AM »
Currently I'm using 3 different pairs of sticks. It's kind of a tool for everything. But If I had to name one model it would be the Hickory wood sticks that I've used for past 9 years. Back then everybody started to change away from wood but I decided to stick to it. My only regret is countless fractures in my finger bones. The wood sticks I use last amazingly long. After 6 years my first pair only bent. The pair is still usable but I have got more of the same model since. Also the maker of the sticks is friend of mine and I give pride for paying good money him for each pair he has made.

Wood sticks have their problems but I still use them in most of my shows. Only in some rare cases I grab a pair of carbons. These are yo-yo style bearing diabolo tricks where I use shorter string and Vertax. Currently using short sundia carbons and for vertax the longer version. For vertax I need sticks that have the string come from the end of the sticks and yo-yo style I want to pull string through the sticks. Those are two reasons why I always don't use my woodens...
┬źDiabolo, whiter than the whitest!┬╗

apd.squeaky

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013, 10:37:14 PM »
Sundia short carbons, but I haven't had much opportunity to play with others.  Most of my club uses Taibolo short carbons, but I like the slimmer grip on the Sundias.

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2013, 08:37:41 AM »
My stick history goes a long way back....

Firstly I started off with Henry's aluminium sticks
Then I got a pair of long fibreglass sticks which was not a good move because I only did it to match the sticks of other people in the school, small person + long sticks = not that good
After that I had 2 years of a break from diabolo, possibly even more, after a few boring days I searched my cupboard and found my old harlequino's that's when I really started practising.
I decided to buy a pair of Long Henrys carbon fibre sticks as my fibreglass ones snapped, unfortunately I bought them in white which looked stunning but because I was on holiday a few weeks later they got really dirty really quickly.
Next I got some shorter sticks, Mr babache carbons, I bought 2 pairs all of which have been damaged in some was, most often (if not all of the time) it was the plastic end that shattered. I bought them because they had white bodies but black handles which was a better alternative for me. Also I did the 4D trapeze start which they helped my with A LOT due to the ledge they provide.
I got frustrated with them though and I switched to taibolo sticks, these were also black handled with white bodies but I sent them back in almost 10 minutes because I was testing them for the first time and they had scratches on them. In return I got some black ones which looked stunning.
They were literally perfect apart from one tiny thing, a few times they caused the internal cord in my string to snap so I was basically forced to  change the string, so far as I remember though that stopped. Also I was a bit disappointed as  they had much harder sponge handles than the white ones which had very nice and extremely soft handles :(
My latest pair of stocks are Trash's Deos  sticks which are just amazing, I decided to buy them then though they had white handles because I saw Guillaume use them in his video and the white handle seemed almost intact!  After opening them I got a bit over-excited so I ended up using them for 3 hours which was a bad move as it tore off most of my skin. Nonetheless that is my fault and my problem, now they are a dream, just perfect! Every now and again I have to push the handle up again but that is just sooooooo minor it is not a problem what-so-ever.

I can alternate between taibolo sticks and deos  sticks, I plan to use taibolo sticks for integrals and deos  for numbers :P

nickbonnes

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 06:10:48 PM »
My history of the diabolo sticks ^^
Henry`s alu
Henry`s carbon
Sundia Carbon red, for 1 year
Mb carbon black
My first Deos sticks! black stick white handle, i broke the handles after 3 months *shame*
Deos carbon black stick green handle<-- xtreme colour handles ^^
And 2 pair red deos sticks + 1 pair black deos sticks :)
Thats all :)

the_vik_vh

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 06:15:17 PM »
again for those DEOS sticks they are sold for 29 euros from sylvestra isn't there a sheaper way because i think thats  alot of money xd

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 07:17:32 PM »
again for those DEOS sticks they are sold for 29 euros from sylvestra isn't there a sheaper way because i think thats  alot of money xd

Most sticks are around that price, they are actually 20 euros, 9 euros for the shipping which is a very good price for the sticks.
No you cannot get them anywhere else YET. I think Even Sylvestre may have ran out of them although I can't be sure, all I know is that Play might be selling them some time in the future.

the_vik_vh

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 07:21:31 PM »
the price for the sticks themselves are awesome other sticks are more then 20 euros but its the 9 euro shipping xd

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal