Author Topic: Guillaume is deleting videos?  (Read 1978 times)

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
Guillaume is deleting videos?
« on: February 01, 2013, 11:11:43 PM »
Something fishy is in the air and I think it has something to do with the planet diabolo project.....

No but seriously, I hope we have all realised that in 2012 Guillaume deleted his video "1 minute 4D challenge" now he mass deleted "white prop purple clock" and "8 tricks with 4 diabolos"!

Now I do not have a clue why this is, I have only 3 possible explanations:
Firstly Guillaume wants to surprise us in his acts, although we all know how good he is so what is the point?
Secondly he is much better than this and he doesn't want people to think he is at that level (even though at that level he is still AMAZING which makes this argument highly unlikely)
Thirdly he wants to keep it a secret for the Planet Diabolo Project (here the same things are applied as in the first case)

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE THE PLANET DIABOLO PROJECT!!!!!!!! IT SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!! One thing that annoys me about it though is that progress in the diabolo world has been going on as slow as a tortoise, it means some people are at a key stage where they could be learning new tricks but they can't as they have nobody to aspire to. And if they claim that they have invented a trick? Well they might be disappointed as the planet diabolo project comes out......

I don't want to offend anyone, I am just dumbstruck that some of the best diabolo (or even juggling) videos are getting deleted!
Mind you I know that it is not only banned in this country (England) as the thumbnail should still be seen on the page.

Nico, we can't wait till may! If I manage an FTS 3-4 before then then (which is possible but I highly doubt) I am sure it will be dwarfed by the contents of the DVD

Icebox

Re: Guillaume is deleting videos?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 03:57:18 AM »
His JTV channel is still online for those of you who want to download those videos while you still can.....

Purple Clock White Prop: Guillaume Karpowicz - Purple clock, white prop. - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

8 Siteswaps with 4 Diabolos: 8 Siteswaps with 4 diabolos by Guillaume Karpowicz - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Edit: I didn't mean to embed these, if someone could tell me how to take that away I would appreciate it, but then at least we have the videos in the thread.....

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 09:31:28 AM »
His JTV channel is still online for those of you who want to download those videos while you still can.....

Yes I found that out not long after however it was after midnight. Anyway in the improbable case that he sees this comment I did not want to t remind him as he might have just forgotten to delete them haha

Thanks for posting!

Nico

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 05:16:52 PM »
Wooow wooow!
Calm down Ronnie :).

Wanna make something clear right here: we never asked any of our artists to delete any of their past videos in order to keep their work exclusive for The Planet Diabolo Project. I will actually ask Guillaume why he did.

As we never asked any of them to stop doing vids either. That's why you have seen some videos from a lot of them actually recently, Etienne, Alex, Pranay, Clément, Arata, Pieter and some others. Loads of stuff to get inspired with in all those vids in very different styles.

We don't own any of our artists, they joined that project to be part of something big for our community that hopefully all of you can enjoy soon.

Sorry for the wait, believe me Ronnie, I wish this project to be ready sooner as anyone out there, it's been 3 long years, but a few more months of patience. And sorry but may will still be too early.

Oh and one last thing, our project is NOT only technical based. There's an overall artistic and visual dimension to it so it could hopefully be enjoyable by all types of audience.

Keep up all your stuff until then Ronnie :)!

Wis

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 05:48:48 PM »
[Offtopic] Apart from all the obvious things that are great in the first video of Guillaume there is 1 detail that is outstanding: you can show this video, to anybody, even if they have no idea about diabolo. They will not only watch the whole 8 minutes it takes, they will not even realize how long was it. I asked  at least three people with zero idea about how long they thought the video had been: they said 3-4 minutes :) Pure magic
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 08:47:26 PM »
Wooow wooow!
Calm down Ronnie .

Wanna make something clear right here: we never asked any of our artists to delete any of their past videos in order to keep their work exclusive for The Planet Diabolo Project. I will actually ask Guillaume why he did.

As we never asked any of them to stop doing vids either. That's why you have seen some videos from a lot of them actually recently, Etienne, Alex, Pranay, Clément, Arata, Pieter and some others. Loads of stuff to get inspired with in all those vids in very different styles.

We don't own any of our artists, they joined that project to be part of something big for our community that hopefully all of you can enjoy soon.

Sorry for the wait, believe me Ronnie, I wish this project to be ready sooner as anyone out there, it's been 3 long years, but a few more months of patience. And sorry but may will still be too early.

Oh and one last thing, our project is NOT only technical based. There's an overall artistic and visual dimension to it so it could hopefully be enjoyable by all types of audience.

Keep up all your stuff until then Ronnie !

Thanks for clearing the air Nico, as I said I am just so excited for the project that the suspense is killing me! I was just so dubstruck I did not know what to say! I might be a hypocrite though, as I have 20 or so secret clips of 4D hidden on Youtube, all of which will be used in my 4D evolution, I hope my progress will surprise people :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal