Author Topic: Epic A-Dream or Taibolo v2  (Read 7093 times)

EricVG

Epic A-Dream or Taibolo v2
« on: February 10, 2013, 09:32:09 PM »
Currently, I own two Finesse G4s, but I am hoping to get either two Taibolos or Epics.  I am learning two diabolos and trying to do vertax.  I have heard great things about both diabolos, so I am having a hard time deciding.  I have seen a thread with basically the same question, but I am wondering if my situation will change anything.  I know that Epic is fairly new, but that doesn't really make a difference and I am just wondering which would be best for learning two diabolos and vertax.  And please tell me if you think I am fine with my finesses an I don't need two new diabolos.  Thanks.
Eric

Mediaboy13

Re: Epic A-Dream or Taibolo v2
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 10:17:46 PM »
Well Taibolo's were actually made for muliple diabolo use. I love using them for 2D as they have a good weight, they do not get tangled up in the string often and don't uncorrect themself. They are very stable. Although I haven't used them, many people love Epic's. If you have 2 Finesse's and don't need new diabolo's you can easily stick with them.
Overall I'd get Taibolos, but only if you have the extra money. It would be great to get someone who uses or has Epic's to give their opinion here too!

-Hope that helps!  :-D
-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Graham Milligan

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 10:42:29 PM »
I was in your position last week.
i have ever tried tiabolo v2 but there is no doubt that they are fantastic diabolos as they are the most popular.
however i have 3 epics and i think they are great for 1 and have really helped me in learning multiple diabolo aswell in the week i've had them!
Some Craic!

EricVG

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 01:37:44 AM »
Hey, thank you for your replies.  They helped out a lot.  Could someone also tell me if Taibolos are good for vertax and how they generally compare to finesse for vertax?  Thanks.
Eric

NoBro13

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 03:39:12 AM »
Hello, I was also in a similar very similar spot as you. They recommended the taibolo v2 and I ordered 2 of them, and they are great! I would also highly recommend taibolo

Mediaboy13

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 06:55:22 AM »
Hey, thank you for your replies.  They helped out a lot.  Could someone also tell me if Taibolos are good for vertax and how they generally compare to finesse for vertax?  Thanks.
Out of those 2 choices i would go for Finesse for vertax (although i personally use Sundia Triple Bearings mostly), I don't really know why, the Finesse just feels more stable in vertax than V2 (probably because as i said before Taibolos were desgined and made for multiple diabolo use). Not saying you can't do vertax with them, Finesse just feels alot smoother  ::)

Hope that helps!  :-D
-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 03:41:52 PM »
I have Taibolos and they are great for vertax. I have never used Finesse, but from what I've heard they can be hard to control during vertax because of how grippy the cups are.

Graham Milligan

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 05:12:41 PM »
Yeh i agree, i find finesses very difficult to control in vertax. the cups are really grippy and the gradient of the cups is quite steep which doesnt help either.
I find that the epics are far far better for controlling vertax and seeing as V2 are similar im willing to bet my last penny that they are also superior to finesses.

im sure whichever you pick your going to be happy with, i decided to go with Epics and ive loved them every second, but im sure i would feel the exact same with the V2s. Up to you man, i would say there is probably very little difference between them anyway!
Some Craic!

NoBro13

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 04:57:15 AM »
One if my siblings has a Finesse G4 and I prefer my V2's for vertax

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 04:20:30 PM »
Basically they are identical. Epics are knock-off of taibolos, I have 4 epics and 5 taibolos, but is it bad they they are knock-offs? Of course not! Taibolo has the best design so what is the point in changing it? I use both diabolos for 4D so they are good for numbers, the only difference is that Epics have much larger axels, that is it!

5p3ak

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 06:53:25 AM »
Basically they are identical. Epics are knock-off of taibolos, I have 4 epics and 5 taibolos, but is it bad they they are knock-offs? Of course not! Taibolo has the best design so what is the point in changing it? I use both diabolos for 4D so they are good for numbers, the only difference is that Epics have much larger axels, that is it!

Spot on reply Ronnie.

I've tried Epics during a Diabolo Camp and yeap the only part was the axle area. They really look like Taibolos from far.

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 07:20:37 PM »
Well to be honest Taibolo V2's look almost exactly the same as Henry's Circus with Ultra Leicht Kit by Jürgen Kreisz. So I can't really say which is a knock off from which. Actually if you wear down Henry's Circus cups the friction is going to go away and you'll have cup that's even closer to Taibolo.

There's always going to be similarities. With Henry's ULK kit vs. Taibolo it's the cup material. With Epic's vs. Taibolos is the hubs and the axle. I don't really care about that. 

What I'm more interested is the specs. Epic seems to be about 7 grams heavier than Taibolo V2. If I had both models I would definitely measure how much the axle kit's weight. This is to see which diabolo has more weight on the cups (weight closer to rim = more stability and force while spinning). 
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 03:25:38 PM »
Basically they are identical. Epics are knock-off of taibolos,

Where do you get this from? Because the material is similar? I speak to the designer of Epic regularly, he is a respected member of the Diabolo community and has been for a long time. His design isn't even close to the Taibolo in the slightest. If anything i would say the profile is closer to a Circus fitted with the 'Giant' axle system.

Ronnie, please try and show some respect. You are coming across terribly recently and slagging of players/products that have put a lot of time/money in to developing the prop and frankly it's disgusting. Please also remember your 'Sponsor' is renowned for ripping off successful models and producing their own ****e chinese untested versions and pumping these blatant rips into the scene.

You've got my back up boy. Think before you type.

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 06:10:48 PM »
Oh god, in was typing that long message before I encountered an error and in was rushed to type it up again, I was meant to say that they feel like taibolo knock-offs, anyway, I have been talking to a guy that has Epic diabolos and he says that they definitely feel like taibolo knock offs, I don't just make up this stuff, please I don't want to argue, I have already realised I should think before I type and I will try to keep it in mind every time I post a comment.

Also, I don't know if you do cubing, if you did then you might know that there is a company called v-cube, they have patented their products however many companies have made knock offs, the most common one is called Shengshou, now people hate v-cube and they love shengshou cubes, even though they are knocks offs, this just proves that if something is a knock off it doesn't necessarily have to be bad, so if I say Epic diabolos feel like knock offs, I am not trying to insult them in any way, I am just saying what I think they feel like, my opinion though is not something like God's opinion, I am only human and everyone has different feelings, I like Epic diabolos too, and I am not trying to insult them in any way.

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 07:25:48 PM »
I like Epic diabolos too, and I am not trying to insult them in any way.

You don't seem to understand how offensive the term 'knock off' is. The only similarity is the feel of the plastic, apart from that there aren't any other factors. A 'knock off' is generally something that infringes a patent or an inferior copy marketed using the reputation of the product it's copied from.

Neither situation applies here as the product is completely original, It has also been tested thoroughly by numerous professional players before being released to retailers. Before the brand had even launched itself they were already sponsoring events such as the FDC last year, an event that i've frequented myself.

I'm aware of the cubing reference, a very poor analogy.

Again, show some respect.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 07:59:50 PM »
Yea, Knock-off kinda refers to imitation of a product. Usually implying that it's cheaper version of more expensive product. I don't feel like this is the case here at all. I'm actually sorry for using that word myself on earlier post I didn't quite understand the meaning fully not being a native speaker myself. I literally checked out some dictionaries after writing it. If something reminds you of something else it doesn't mean that it's a knock-off.

I've seen lot of fighting in the yo-yo scene about which model is copied from which. I hope we won't go to that direction in diabolo world. I'm 100% positive that we could go through all the models from 90's and 00's and pretty much start to compare and call everything after that a copies but I don't see this leading to anything good.

These past day's I've been more than a little worried about the tone how things are being said here. I hope people can continue to talk in a proper manner here.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 08:14:53 PM »
OK, I made the same mistake as Marko, now I am the one that started this and I want to end it, I hope this will be the last comment of this tone.

EricVG

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2013, 04:50:22 PM »
Sorry I am replying so late but I just wanted to thank everyone for the replies.  I can now get into vertax and I just decided to stick with my finesses for now.  I also failed to mention that I have a sundia fly long axle, so if I really needed to I could just use that for vertax even though I want to try and use a fixed axle for vertax. Thanks again!
Eric

nev

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 02:42:51 AM »
Epics seem to be a decent diabolo - I tried them out at bjc and they were very nice for numbers but i found them not so nice for 1d personally.  But for the money you can't go far wrong... And they are NOT 'knock offs' as they dont directly copy another brand - sure there are similarities but hey it would be nearly impossible to produce a new design that did not have something in common with existing products..  They are a new well made good quality diabolo.

As for knock offs - the worst thing that ever happened was many years ago when a certain french company 'knocked off' a fine diabolo formerly known as a diabig.  The original japanese version of this still ranks as one of the best diabolo's ever made... Then they were made in australia for a while and some were good but most were not - the ones sold in France were unbalanced and nowhere near the quality of the original which was such a shame..

I see similar things happening now with cheap chinese copies of established designs and to be honest i do worry that this may harm the future production of the higher quality products.

Sometimes it seems that people are too interested in making money from joe public consumers rather than providing the juggling comunity with the good quality props they require and need to perform etc.

I have much more i could of said but im somewhat biting my toungue here.....

That said i reitterate that Epics are NOT knockoffs and are a very good quality diabolo in their own right and deserve the attention they are getting.

Sorry to go so far off topic but in sure the originator of the epic will agree with my setiments.
I know i also sell diabolo's and have my own preference but ive tried to be completely impartial here - hope i have been so??

Ok rant over
Nev
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal