Author Topic: Duicide tutorial video or write up?  (Read 4753 times)

YSESdan

Duicide tutorial video or write up?
« on: February 06, 2013, 07:58:25 PM »
Hey, ive tried looking around for a duicide tutorial video as im trying to learn whip catch to duicide at the moment but im a bit unsure about when im releasing it, anyone know of a tutorial video or can someone give me some advice on at what point i should let it go and do i need to move with it a bit? Thanks.

the_vik_vh

Re: Duicide tutorial video or write up?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 08:11:02 PM »
just give it a try  :)
but when i do a whipcatch to duicide i think i release my sticks when they are horizontal i think.
i am not a duicde pro so i think its better to listen to someone else  :P

YSESdan

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 08:36:23 PM »
Hey thanks for that :P
And im trying alot right now and its got alot better, letting go at about 3oclock and keeping my sticks inline with the diabolo but now i keep catching at the tips of the string coming out of the diabolo so... im just missing the sticks by next to nothing! :<

5p3ak

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 05:36:49 AM »
Please pardon my ignorance but whats a Duicide?

I wish some one could enlighten me, you see I'm very bad at some of the trick names in English you see as I am from Malaysia and I learnt it in Mandarin...

Sorry to derail this thread though.
Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 05:42:00 AM »
A duicide is when you swing the diabolo to the right and let go of both sticks. This is a tutorial I found for it, although he refers to it as a jamicide. I think it's the same thing though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f9RCIJRbBY

Mediaboy13

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 06:42:10 AM »
Sometimes referred to as a no-handed suicide as well. There are 2 ways I know of doing the trick. Easy and harder (i call it harder instead of hard becuase i personally find them both simple).
The easy way is whip the diabolo and don't let go till it swings back foward. The harder way is to let go of both sticks on the first swing. Another tip when throwing is don't just let go of the sticks. Throw your sticks up while pushing down slightly. Too much force will give you many roations (which can be cool to learn it properly).
Once you get good you can also do 360s, 720s etc while the diabolo is in the air.
Sorry if that sounds confusing, if you want i could make a video?

Hope that helps!  :-D
-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

the_vik_vh

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 03:25:37 PM »
i'd love to see a video of it because my duicide is still not good enough to do a behind the back catch

5p3ak

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 11:22:56 PM »
Oh I see...but I do that trick on the right side...is the one what William Lin always does right? Then he do a 360 while it's in mid air.
Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai

YSESdan

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 11:29:24 AM »
Thanks for the help people, after my last reply i seem to have almost perfected the whip to duicide, just needed to get the timing right on when i needed to let go and hey presto it sorted my problem.

the_vik_vh

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 08:50:58 PM »
i tried some duicide to behind the back catch and they are not to difficult but the only problem is one of the two sticks I always catch the string so thats anoying and its cold outside so when i get hit by the sticks  :)

Graham Milligan

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 05:19:03 PM »
Jacob sharpe does a really cool duicide combo at    2:20.    he goes right aswell

Sharpe Attack!
Some Craic!

seán_

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 12:31:30 AM »
If you release in the direction your non dominant hand (so not the way most people release), the sticks often swap due to the diabolos spin so you get a wrap, which can be either a good or a bad thing.
Generally with the sticks, if you've guided them through the swing carefully and let go gently, then the sticks will keep position relative to each other.

There's a way of 'knitting' your sticks together if you want to keep them neat for the Chinese style big duicide throw to kneeling/smiling finish.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal