Author Topic: Infinite suicide trick help, and string help  (Read 2741 times)

Infinite suicide trick help, and string help
« on: February 25, 2013, 01:15:27 AM »
Hello I have been trying the infinite suicide trick and it seems to me that my string is too long, I read somewhere the way to check if your string is correct length is to place one stick on the floor, then hold the opposite stick above as high as possible with ought pulling the stick on the floor up. If the top stick reaches about shoulder height then Its correct length, but when doing infinite suicide my stick hits the ground (left stick the one I let go of) before you say, your suppose to pull up with your right stick when you let go and repeat, I know and I’m doing that. Is my string too long? Is it typical for you to shorten the string before performing this trick? How could I practice this easier? LAST PART I have been told your diabolo is more likely to wrap up on the string when your string is worn; my string is solid grey where the diabolo usually sits. Is my string worn? What is the proper string that I should be using? Can I get the standard nylon string from, Michaels and use that? How long can you get your string to last? Thank you very much for reading and hopefully replying.
Threalman_123456

maxmaestro

Re: Infinite suicide trick help, and string help
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 06:06:22 PM »
hello,
so string length is, over all, preference. i like mine to be slightly shorter than to my sholders as i am quite a tall person and it just makes all my tricks a bit hard and slacky. (that might be complete nonsense but basically i like my string slightly shorter, i just feel i have more control.)
sometimes your sticks will hit the ground, it happens. you could shorten your strings and it will happen less, otherwise lift your arm higher?

about the string, you could just buy any old string. it just wouldn't work as well. diabolo string will last longer than any other string (most likely). it not expensive, you can pick up 10m for less than £5 ($8 ish?) an that will last you a good few months.
i often just change my sting when i feel that i am unable to do certain tricks because of them wrapping up. that can a few days if im playing in a wet field (has happened) or it can be a month or two if im only playing indoors and not that much.

when it comes to string length, best sticks, best diabolo's etc it all comes down to preference.

hope that helped
max

Re: Infinite suicide trick help, and string help
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 12:50:24 AM »
hello,
so string length is, over all, preference. i like mine to be slightly shorter than to my sholders as i am quite a tall person and it just makes all my tricks a bit hard and slacky. (that might be complete nonsense but basically i like my string slightly shorter, i just feel i have more control.)
sometimes your sticks will hit the ground, it happens. you could shorten your strings and it will happen less, otherwise lift your arm higher?

about the string, you could just buy any old string. it just wouldn't work as well. diabolo string will last longer than any other string (most likely). it not expensive, you can pick up 10m for less than £5 ($8 ish?) an that will last you a good few months.
i often just change my sting when i feel that i am unable to do certain tricks because of them wrapping up. that can a few days if im playing in a wet field (has happened) or it can be a month or two if im only playing indoors and not that much.

when it comes to string length, best sticks, best diabolo's etc it all comes down to preference.

hope that helped
max
helped very much thank you.
Threalman_123456

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal