Author Topic: 3 diabolo tricks - crazy ideas  (Read 146614 times)

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
Re: 3D Fan, Possible?
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2007, 09:34:54 PM »
i don't think it would be possible (lets not go into the technicalities of what a fan is please, i'm talking about an ac fan like a 2d one).

for it to work the middle diabolo would have to be wrapped, and that would be really hard to control, would it increase or decrease in speed? not sure but would definitely be hard to control. Also entering and exiting would be hard.

i don't see the point in an s-fan with three because exiting would be extremely hard and tbh no one is going to be able to maintain the fan for a long time allowing for the 'speeding both diabolos up' to have any effect.

those are my thoughts, but i maybe i am wrong.

yeah!

Re: 3D Fan, Possible?
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2007, 09:48:25 PM »
well i guess technically it is possible, but you would have to move the sticks synchronically, and form some kind of waves in the string. Well, but what do i know, i'm currently learning the classic 2d fan. Just wanted to make shure the physics, to keep it going al longer time both hands would have to make the same moves...

Duncan

• Administrator
Re: 3 diabolo tricks - crazy ideas
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2007, 10:04:13 PM »
This is the third topic I've had to merge today. Please search, see if there's a thread that's related to you topic and post in that thread if it exists. If it doesn't, then you should have a think if creating a new thread is worth it.
This thread is the perfect place to talk about potential 3d fans, and has even been discussed earlier in it.

-Duncan

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2007, 10:26:09 PM »
 have some imagination ben ofcourse its hard but that'll make it worth doing even more...and i think if you exit a 3d fan with the middle wrapped then you'll end up throwing the right one up and doing a vortex with other 2 which leads directly into thoughts about feeding 3D AC-fans and anti shuffle that starts with power behind it.

ahead of myself...maybe. but i'm just saying that nothing is impossible (thanks to horrible statistitions)

yitavd

« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2007, 02:12:15 PM »
take a look at this votw from dekel for 3 diabolo mini-columns:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=816TSO8t0w8

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2007, 04:05:10 PM »
he's done nine since then in another video.

On 3d fans, I've gotten 3 before, but I can only do them well when the diabolos really aren't going fast, other wise they move up the string too much because the string is naturally somewhat tight around them, unlike in a two diabolo fan. I've tried to do four and five but it falls apart (for me at least) the idea of having both hands move at the same is interesting... I think for any fan to work, the current method would not be able to produce more than say four, maybe five.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2007, 04:18:17 PM »
Yea, i've nailed the triple before, not solid by any means, and i find it easier with low spin too. Any anticlockwse fan is possible as far as i can see, just very very hard. (any 2d trick applied to 3d for that matter). I think the best way i've seen was probably Williams method of vortexing; sun to armstall, trapeze on on the left and swing out into anti clockwise fan.
 But seriously, open your minds a bit. Fans would be nice but theres a great deal more i'd rather see/learn. Such as, sprinkler to knot exit, which i managed the other day...just.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2007, 04:27:39 PM »
I'd like to see if more sprinkler entries are possible. Probably a right backwrap is possible, if you have lots of speed and try not to hold it very long. A right hand front entry would probably be deadly but oh so cool.

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2007, 04:32:19 PM »
i personally dont think that 3d sprinklers are very good because you cant hold them for long, and they basically look like a sun. im not saying that they are rubbish im just saying that i dont think that there are many possibilities.

but hey, i cant even do three diabolos.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2007, 04:43:45 PM »
Quote from: Ben
because you cant hold them for long,

Oh yes you can.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2007, 04:45:59 PM »
There's watching them and then there's "holy crap I'm almost doing it!". At that point, who cares what they look like ;) Just have fun messing with possibilities and stop worrying about how it looks or how long it's going to go on if you're not going to perform them.

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2007, 04:48:57 PM »
how long? it seems to me like they would collide because the string would be a lot tighter, do you mean by pumping it? its like when your doing a two diabolo shuffle the diabolos practically shuffle themselves whereas with three you have to drive them, could be similar with three diabolo sprinklers?

Dennis

« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2007, 05:26:56 PM »
3d Mini Colums are very awesome, too! ;)

Malte(Diabolo Klon) did it in Hannover at the 3rd Diabolocamp and it was just awesome!
hi! :P

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2007, 06:01:32 PM »
I'd like to see if more sprinkler entries are possible. Probably a right backwrap is possible, if you have lots of speed and try not to hold it very long. A right hand front entry would probably be deadly but oh so cool.
On something similar, I saw Eltharion do a 2d sprinkler from a sun (like pete's wrap exit except he managed to wrap two instead). And don't think he has it consitant ... bloody amazing trick though

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #114 on: December 06, 2007, 06:36:44 PM »
I've done the same, but only by accident, and its a little awkard to get out of.

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #115 on: December 06, 2007, 09:27:48 PM »
The exit I've seen is throwing the unwrap diabolo a bit higher and unwraping the sprinkler with the right hand. But I guess you're right, I mean, the all trick did seem odd when I saw it  :P

Squiggle

« Reply #116 on: December 06, 2007, 10:23:48 PM »
Can't wait to have 3 lowrunning.

To many string control *ideas*

that probbly won't work..but  meh

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2007, 09:59:50 AM »
No chance with your string. :)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Diabolo Bro

« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2007, 01:44:56 AM »
On something similar, I saw Eltharion do a 2d sprinkler from a sun (like pete's wrap exit except he managed to wrap two instead). And don't think he has it consitant ... bloody amazing trick though
I can do this, I can  do a fts...."s" being sprinkler.
98 percent of the population will die at some point in their lives.

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2007, 10:03:56 AM »
Anyone who has pulled a left sprinkler with an unwrap into an armstall? I´m somewhat close but haven´t done it yet myself.

I keep thinking that the normal armstall has so many more possibilities than just the obvious ones. Darkside and suicidestuff and things of that sort.
Maybe a double handstall into a double slowcide back into the handstall. Or pop the middle diab really high and do something with 2D below since you can exit it so quickly. Or maybe simply stepping over it and try 3 BTB? Or maybe tie them into eachother for a 3D duicide (Maybe not easy with fixed axles but I imagine it could work with bearings).

So many ideas but far too little skill :'(.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal