Author Topic: 3 diabolo tricks - crazy ideas  (Read 142389 times)

Dan

Re: 3 diabolo tricks - crazy ideas
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2007, 08:34:32 PM »
3-2-3 feed the fan.  Popping one of the diabolos out when doing a "fan" continuing the fan with two and then catching the other to continue the fan with 3.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2007, 08:49:18 PM »
With feeds everyone seems to have missed a logical step. Yeh, we've got 1-2, 2-1, 2-3, 3-2 and any combination of them. What about a 1-3 feed eh? everyone missed them out.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Dan

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2007, 08:53:50 PM »
Ye that would really rock but it would also be incredibly hard since popping one out is hard enough before the other two come around.  Someone try (i can't do three consistently enough yet) and show a video if possible.  Would love to see this!

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2007, 08:58:48 PM »
I´ve tried doing armstall and then going into columns with the two remaining diabs, but it´s too hard for me still. Anyone who could get close to this? It would probably be easier with a handcaught string on the right side. I guess someone with short string and/or a better async should have more success.

can anyone change from 3d shuffle to an orbiter(2d shuffle orbiting 1d) and back?
orbiters happend to me often when i tried to learn 3d(still trying :roll: ) i think for the 3d experts out there, this should be more than just possible... but i havent seen it on any videos.

This happened to me a few times when I started learning three (but only from the wrapstart). I remember thinking it was the pace of the hands that got screwed up for one beat. Instead of going back into a good rythm when two diabs come too close to eachother, you can´t (because you´re a beginner) so the push to the right becomes weak. After this you return to a normal rythm, but the Diabolo that didn´t get enough push the previous round jumps back and gets stuck in an orbitor. This has happened to me a couple of times when I started learning suns too (I think because the shuffle needs to "restart" afterwards). I wrote all of this down at the time, but I don´t know if any of it is useful though. The easiest way to get out of an orbitor might be to go into async or possibly to make a wrap.

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #84 on: June 04, 2007, 10:29:04 PM »
Diab88, never tried to learn the orbiter as a trick and not see it as a phenomen?

was tryin to improove my wrapstart today and had an orbiter, im really bad in 3d i can barely do 5or 6 rounds with luck... however, somehow i managed to go from the orbiter in a kind of 2d minicolumns with the 3rd in the middle - it really was a short expierience and im sure im not able to repeat this that soon but i think if someone can do an orbiter on request, its even possible to change the direction, to go into the antishuffle and do low 3dminicolumns...

ähmm, think i have to mention that this is aimed at bearinged diabolos ;)

am i just not up to date or why is there no one who can do the orbiter intentionally and what do you think about that minicolumnstuff?

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

nev

• Donator
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2007, 11:39:25 PM »
I can hover start + send the other two into antishuffle and then magic knot the 3rd into a 3 low antishuffle but only for about 8 ott at best (which, to be fair, is about as good as my regular 3 low attempts).
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

Dan

« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2007, 01:32:14 AM »
I can hover start + send the other two into antishuffle and then magic knot the 3rd into a 3 low antishuffle but only for about 8 ott at best (which, to be fair, is about as good as my regular 3 low attempts).
Video please if possible nev.  I've made a mistake of going into a 3d anti shuffle instead of normal by accident (im still learning how to hold a regular shuffle aswell).  Now i don't use my fly's as bearings when trying 3 because i hate the feel of them and so i can't really hold the anti shuffle at all.  I just want to see your technique at trying to hold it.  I can't hold a 2d anti shuffle for very long so i probably just need a lot of practise with that first.

Also i can't hold a hover because my 2d shuffle with the other 2 diabolos turns to mush but i figured a way to get them to almost do mini colums before i throw the third diabolo in.  Someone more experienced with 3d should mess around with this because it looks really cool when it works.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2007, 03:30:10 AM »
When I first learned to shuffle 2D I was actually anti-shuffling. Weird
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Nahxela

« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2007, 10:21:05 PM »
What would be a really cool start into three is if you're doing a normal juggling shuffle (as if you were juggling clubs or balls), then you maybe do some sort of siteswap and toss each diabolo up as a variant toss start.
I've always wanted to try, but I can't do 3d, and I can't really siteswap in juggling, besides with 1d, which doesn't really count.
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2007, 02:06:53 AM »
You wouldn't need to do 3D to be able to Start like that. I've managed to do a 2-up start into three low and get like 5 OTT. And I didn't have to be able to shuffle to do it.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

David - SAS1

« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2007, 09:53:19 AM »
If you are doing juggling tricks how 'bout 3d mills mess or boston mess
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2007, 09:17:15 PM »
http://www.wretch.cc/album/show.php?i=Ahung&b=27&f=1120762896&p=19
wouldn't this be a nice entry into the orbiter?

thanks to Angela for posting this vid! its topic is:
William & Ryo in PEH Cup Taipei Taiwan

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2007, 10:48:34 PM »
I think 3d mills mess is do able, and maybe boston mess. I can carry high colums for 6 catches or so, so i might try one or ther other some time. In high i think its doable, but they'll slow down. Dont even talk to me about low *scowls*. One would string climb the wrong way and collide with the other i think, and they would slow down real quick.

The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Dan

« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2007, 11:04:45 PM »
I've just thought of a trick which will be hard but i think possible.  It's almost like Zachs 3d vortex he was trying awhile back.

First you would right frontwrap a diabolo as it came round in the shuffle and chuck it around the other two like a vortex.  But by doing this you would leave the two remaining diabolos in a sprinkler and the third diabolo (which you originally frontwrapped) on the open string to the right (or left for lefties).  And then unwrap the sprinkler and try go back into a shuffle.

4 exits i can think of now are:

1) Wrap the third diabolo which was on open string and then release sprinkler and enter 3d again like a wrap/hover start.
2) Armstall third diabolo and exit sprinkler with a wrapped diabolo goin into an armstall on the other side (not sure whether you could get into an armstall that would work though) then go back to 3d shuffle.
3) Pop the diabolo up which was on open string and exit sprinkler while its in the air then catch third diab and carry on shuffle.
4) Probably the madest i've thought of so far.  Wrap/knot/armstall the diabolo on open string then let go of left stick (right stick for lefties) and suicide out of the sprinkler.  Continue shuffle like you would normally do from a wrap/knot/armstall.

Nahxela

« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2007, 11:27:38 PM »
You wouldn't need to do 3D to be able to Start like that. I've managed to do a 2-up start into three low and get like 5 OTT. And I didn't have to be able to shuffle to do it.
But I can't even catch the diabolos as they land :(, it's the same for me when trying to do a toss-start into 2d, as I can't really get myself to catch it (I wrap start), which is wierd, since I can do 2d high...
I think I need to have the diabolos relatively well-powered up, otherwise I can't really go into multiple diaboloing.
Give a man fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life

seán_

« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2007, 12:24:11 AM »
I've just thought of a trick which will be hard but i think possible.  It's almost like Zachs 3d vortex he was trying awhile back.

First you would right frontwrap a diabolo as it came round in the shuffle and chuck it around the other two like a vortex.  But by doing this you would leave the two remaining diabolos in a sprinkler and the third diabolo (which you originally frontwrapped) on the open string to the right (or left for lefties).  And then unwrap the sprinkler and try go back into a shuffle.

4 exits i can think of now are:

1) Wrap the third diabolo which was on open string and then release sprinkler and enter 3d again like a wrap/hover start.
2) Armstall third diabolo and exit sprinkler with a wrapped diabolo goin into an armstall on the other side (not sure whether you could get into an armstall that would work though) then go back to 3d shuffle.
3) Pop the diabolo up which was on open string and exit sprinkler while its in the air then catch third diab and carry on shuffle.
4) Probably the madest i've thought of so far.  Wrap/knot/armstall the diabolo on open string then let go of left stick (right stick for lefties) and suicide out of the sprinkler.  Continue shuffle like you would normally do from a wrap/knot/armstall.

I tried to get Zack to try some stuff like this back before when he started getting into tricks with 3, dunno if he gave it much thought though.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2007, 06:26:02 PM »
Has anyone tried a 3d big sun? could be quite easy and simple compared to other 3d stuff
Or if you have really long string, a 3d magic knot
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

seán_

« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2007, 06:38:16 PM »
William does 3d big suns

yonm13

3D Fan, Possible?
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2007, 09:26:13 PM »
look at this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu4F9-O_EXM&feature=related
at like 6:20, this guy does some 3D cfan.. has anyone tried/succeeded on doing this?
it looks kinda cool...
i'd like to hear what you have to say =] ;D
Absolutely NOTHING Here.

pranay

• VotW Contributor
Re: 3D Fan, Possible?
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2007, 09:29:57 PM »
Yes sometimes I can do tripple fans.Doubles are quite solid.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal