Author Topic: Diabolo.ca VotW: 11 March 2013: 李坦闊 (Tan Kuo Li)  (Read 3546 times)

spryoyabe

Diabolo.ca VotW: 11 March 2013: 李坦闊 (Tan Kuo Li)
« on: March 12, 2013, 03:29:39 AM »
Diabolo.ca VotW: 11 March 2013: 李坦闊 (Tan Kuo Li)

And this awesome year for votw continues! This week we have Tan Kuo Li back again with a great concept for some of you integral lovers to work with. Enjoy! And remember to submit your videos to votw "at" diabolo.ca !!!

Mediaboy13

Re: Diabolo.ca VotW: 11 March 2013: 李坦闊 (Tan Kuo Li)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 03:54:36 AM »
It's alright, but seems rather simple  :-|

I simply can't be bothered submitting VOTW anymore, i get rejected every time hahahaha

-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

spryoyabe

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 04:21:50 AM »

I simply can't be bothered submitting VOTW anymore, i get rejected every time hahahaha

-Alex

First off, I don't think it is as simple as you may think it is. Have you actually tried the trick yourself (with bearings of course)? I think you would find that it isn't as easy as you think to get this trick to go as smoothly as Tan Kuo Lee makes it look.

Secondly, remember that votw isn't about the hardest or most intricate tricks. It's more about either doing tricks that are new or are lesser known and have been executed very well to the point at which viewers can learn the trick. The whole point of it is to inspire others to pick up their diabolos and give it a shot. In this case, the nice deviation from the typical integral style is meant to inspire others to play around with the concept.

And thirdly, it's hard to accept it but not everyone is at the level at which they can make successful votws. But that doesn't mean that you should be discouraged from submitting. Progress is never too far off so if you keep working at it eventually you should reach the point where you're submissions are ready to become a votw.

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to make a couple of things clear.

5p3ak

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 07:08:34 AM »
Really well filmed! I think learnt this, not that hard but AFAIK this trick is rare.

-Alex

It's kinda hard with bearings on. They just don't "grip"  ::)
Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai

dakarv

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 07:20:59 AM »
great stuff

simple in concept maybe, not so much learning and execution I imagine

Is this the same hand movement you need to do when the diabolo is further up the string? Like at the end of your video ??-cide Tutorials
Because that's the hand movement I thought you would have to do but my hand always rolls too far down the string and it looks like people grip it differently/don't move hand as much for the infinite suicide variation

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 02:59:47 PM »
Pretty cool idea! I'm wondering that maybe if you had a really long string you could swing it around sort of like poi? I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it might work

Icebox

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 01:05:36 AM »
I've seen something like this attempted with fixed before, but it didn't look nearly as pretty as this does.

Definitely a good application for bearings in 1d, nice to see it used for something other than slacks.

dudderscircus

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 06:37:09 PM »
Amazing!
'nuff said

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal