Author Topic: Bearing diabolos  (Read 5881 times)

Jim678

Bearing diabolos
« on: March 12, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »
Best make of medium sized, triple bearing diabolos?

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
Re: Bearing diabolos
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 05:40:59 PM »
If you are beginning diabolo do not get bearings, In my opinion triple bearing sundia shinings are the best but i have not used many and i am sure better epople than me can give you a better answer.

Jim678

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 07:25:04 PM »
How difficult was it for you when you got your first bearing diabolo?

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 07:36:26 PM »
How difficult was it for you when you got your first bearing diabolo?

It made no difference because I could do 3 diabolos, in fact I think I was getting along quite well with 4. You should probably buy a bearing diabolo after a fixed axle, bearing diabolos cost more and you may get some bad habits from them, plus you canno do things like an elevator with a bearing diabolo.

spryoyabe

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 08:15:29 PM »
If you are beginning diabolo do not get bearings, In my opinion triple bearing sundia shinings are the best but i have not used many and i am sure better epople than me can give you a better answer.

Bearing hater  :P

haha I would say that, if you can, just get one of both. Sure you might develop some bad habits with bearings but from my personal experience these habits go away after using fixed axles for a little while. Plus you should try to get a feel early on of which type you like more. I've used most of the bearing diabolos out there and I would say the Sundia triple bearing diabolos are the best. Whether you decide to get Sundia Shining triple bearings or Sundia Fly triple bearings is all a matter of preference.

Jim678

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 08:19:04 PM »
I've got a fixed axle so I was considering getting a bearing so that I could see which one I preferred but I think i'll get one when I've mastered some more difficult tricks first

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 08:47:08 PM »
Bearing hater 

haha I would say that, if you can, just get one of both. Sure you might develop some bad habits with bearings but from my personal experience these habits go away after using fixed axles for a little while. Plus you should try to get a feel early on of which type you like more. I've used most of the bearing diabolos out there and I would say the Sundia triple bearing diabolos are the best. Whether you decide to get Sundia Shining triple bearings or Sundia Fly triple bearings is all a matter of preference.

haha  :P the fact is I do not use bearings often, I cannot really give my personal opinion however I am saying what other people have said on this forum, listen to Spryo, Jim! He knows his groove :P

Jim678

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 09:04:42 PM »
I shall listen to him!

Mediaboy13

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 10:16:42 PM »
Okay i started out with bearings for 1D, yes you can learn bad habits and may end up hating fixed axle. But they are great!
Personally Sundia Triple Bearing is the best (i have 2) although i started out with Sundia One Way bearing (i now have 3). One ways are also slightly cheaper than Triples.

But what i can say is bearings are fine for 1D, but learn 2 and 3 with fixed than transfer to 3 (although i learned 2 with one bearing one fixed than transferred to just bearings, but most 2D tricks are wasier with fixed axles so i have transferred to mainly using 2D with fixed axles. Although for me i find 2D mini-g's a lot easier with bearings).

Hope that helps!  :-D
-Alex 
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 08:27:02 AM »
But what i can say is bearings are fine for 1D, but learn 2 and 3 with fixed than transfer to 3

Just to make things sure, all bearings spin 1- way, triple bearings and single, when you refer to triple it just means it has more bearings so smoother stuff. I just wanted to make things sure so nobody gets confused, you made it sound like there were one-way bearings and 3-way spinning bearings xD  Secondly 3D is very tricky with bearings, I have 3x sound is shining triple bearings and I can just about do it but you pretty much can't do any proper tricks, trust me, that is the one thing I know xD however you are not at that stage yet from what I understand so don't worry.

luciodiab

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 06:57:26 PM »
bearing just for vertax

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal