Author Topic: Finesse help  (Read 2679 times)

abalint121

Finesse help
« on: April 01, 2013, 09:16:47 PM »
I recently got two new finesse gen4. I've heard really good reviews on the diabolo, but I really don't like them.

The string wraps around too easily and the cups seem to grab the string when I try to correct the diabolo. I also can't correct it during two diabolos because when I tap the cup it looses so much spin that it just dies on me.

Anyone... please tell me if I'm doing something wrong. I really want to love these diabolos, but I'm having issues [and that's not a good way to start a relationship].

simonc95

Re: Finesse help
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:39:10 PM »
ive always had finnessses and found learning 2 was hard to begin with, thy take a little bit of an adjeustmet with techniques, try hitting the hub rather than the cup and angle your stick more when correcting.
I appreciate every click: www.youtube.com/user/SinisterElen

abalint121

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 10:55:46 PM »
Thanks for the advise. I'll try it. It surprised me how many adjustments I had to make to my technique already.

simonc95

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 11:40:42 PM »
im going though the same thing in reverse right now , just bought some taibolo and realized how varied the technique was, and also how much different sting affects it too.

abalint121

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 12:26:42 AM »
What type of string do you use. I'm on my last few feet of Henry's orange... I have other crappier string so my parents won't order me any new string... :'(

simonc95

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 03:07:14 PM »
Henry's uv yellow (2x 25m) i find it need to be work in quite alot before it becomes grippy enough to do 2 diabolos on it easily.

abalint121

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 08:11:11 PM »
Thanks I'll look into getting some!

Mediaboy13

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 12:10:42 AM »
Finesses aren't for everyone, i got some and i didn't like them that much for the same reasons as you. :P
I got myself some Taibolo V2's which i prefer (i mainly use Sunda Triple Bearings) though i still use my G4's from time to time...  ::)

-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal