Author Topic: Duct tape on sticks  (Read 2847 times)

dimensions

Duct tape on sticks
« on: April 21, 2013, 08:55:22 PM »
Are there any tips for adding duct tape to your sticks or should I just leave my sticks alone???
Subscribe escapees6 on youtube it's me!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

maxmaestro

Re: Duct tape on sticks
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 10:10:46 PM »
what are your intentions? by duct tape do you mean the colourful insulation tape people often use to add a bit of colour or actual duct tape?

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 11:06:35 PM »
I got sportstape for the purpose. My problem is lack of visibility though not sure if yours is (because black carbons in certain places are invisible and white sticks if you're practicing in say a squashcourt are too). Someone please join me in suggesting to Henrys releasing their black carbons with white handles (or vice versa). ;)

Haven't had the chance to apply yet so therefore don't know how well it works. Might shift the focal point from the entire handle to just one little bit in a release?

Suggestion would be to not get used to it and only tape the ends of the handle to sticks or where the handle stops. Otherwise imagine how much bs it'd be to re-apply everytime it would come loose for whatever reason.

maxmaestro

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 12:15:15 AM »
i have bits of tape on most of my sticks. it generally stays on really well with no problem. and it deffinately makes integrals and suicides look more interesting! i use electrical insulation tape because its cheap, you can get it in loads of colours. its sticks on everything and its thin so you can have a thin line if you want or a thicker one if you wrap it up the sticks. anyways. tapes cool!

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 01:07:40 AM »
I have white fabric tape on my sticks, pretty much any tape will work and make it pretty  :-D

visjes112

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 05:27:42 PM »
I tried duct tape on my sticks once, but it wasn't a good idea because when I removed it, it kept very sticky... I would say use some electrical tape, as the others have said above me^^

apd.squeaky

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 06:18:27 PM »
I agree with visjes - duct tape tends to leave residue.  Electrical tape looks pretty good, from what I've seen.  Now I'm considering taping my sticks too.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal