Author Topic: Diabolo.ca collaboration 2013 - Planting the SEED.  (Read 15824 times)

Donald the Trekky

Re: Diabolo.ca collaboration 2013 - Planting the SEED.
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2013, 06:42:03 PM »
Excellent Lucas it all sounds good :)

maxmaestro

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 11:04:43 PM »
well im studying film now... but i dont want to edit another colab until i feel i could make a very high quality film, which wont be for at least a year or two. but there are loads of really high quality films that come up from people like eljas and joona, jarle and havard, seb and taro (i think im seing a trend here... DUO'S ARE ALWAYS AWESOME!!!)  would any of them be interested in editing?

Graham Milligan

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 10:49:28 AM »
Yeh, right enough. I would put forward Haavard Bergo. His filming and editing is incredible!
Also if the release date is around October time and the collab is normally released in December time. is there much point?

I think to make this pre collab thing plausable would be to make it only a few minutes long and have it done well before new year so we can still do the big collab. I think this is a good chance for anyone who wants to do the editing but doesnt have the time or want to be under the pressure of doing the end of year collab.

G
Some Craic!

Nick

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2013, 04:06:04 PM »
Of course, you could always film your fanciest tricks now and send them in to Video of the Week instead. Much better than sitting on the footage until the autumn. There's plenty of time between now and then to come up with something new and awesome.

Go on. You know you want to.
Nick.
City landmark might be feet lower if rebuilt (6,5)

Chloé F.

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2013, 04:52:36 PM »
I totally agree with Graham saying that Havard Bergo is a god in filming an editing. He could be the editor of the collab !
There's nothing but what's bearable as long as a man can play diabolo.

maxmaestro

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2013, 12:09:31 AM »
as far as i understand we've ditched the idea of 2 collabs havent we?

luabduch

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2013, 02:09:17 AM »
Yes maxmaestro, one big thing in October and weekly VotW until them would be awesome.

It'd be cool if we could have some VotWs saying something like "x months left" to the collab.
kind like that:

Faltam 20 dias para a 14ª CBMC (Only 20 days for the 14th CBMC)
english subs available.

more like this one here - so you can understand what I'm suggesting:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAlBj77BufdsmO86DHOQlKk_wN02xYvcA

It'd work well like a pre-collab/teaser/thing to make people whiling to watch the collab.

Also, having the collab earlier would be good, I guess. Better than waiting until the final second of the year.

--//--

Donald is awesome on editing too.  Do you consider taking a project that big one day?
I really appreciate the editing style of Diabolo Ensemble Austria guys, only Seb and Taro are filming or there's more people working behind the cameras?

--//--

well, it's good to start talking about that earlier this year.
thanks a lot diabolists.

I feel good to see that we're still a community! Things have been quiet here for a while.

Håvard

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2013, 11:20:25 PM »
Hi people!

I always enjoy the collaboration videos, and i look forward to it no matter who are editing it  :) But if i get the opportunity to edit the collaboration video, ill gladly say yes!  :)
My signature is simply the best.

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
Diabolo.ca collaboration 2013 - Planting the SEED.
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2013, 08:07:43 AM »
Hi people!

I always enjoy the collaboration videos, and i look forward to it no matter who are editing it  :) But if i get the opportunity to edit the collaboration video, ill gladly say yes!  :)
This makes me very happy!

Arjan

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2013, 09:17:54 AM »
Me 2!

I have to give an honest footnote, as the d.ca collab is always something I enjoy watching (just as almost any other diabolo video). Plus I felt like responding here for some days now. It is always a nice mix of faces to enjoy and styles that come with it. I'm a bit a shame I have not participated in some previous ones. But what I think is worth adding to this topic is that we should be happy with whomever does the all important and time consuming job, bless him or her. I am sure this young man Håvard will do a fine job, he will receive my clip for sure!

Next years collab would also be the 10th year the forum is online, am I correct? That should be huge!   

SebiHausi

« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2013, 09:37:02 AM »
I really appreciate the editing style of Diabolo Ensemble Austria guys, only Seb and Taro are filming or there's more people working behind the cameras?

Thanks, the credtis for the editing should go to taro, as he is always the one who edits the bigger projects like connection. for the filming i can say that we had some help from jordan and max when we were filming the intro of "white and black" ;).

Wis

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2013, 02:40:16 PM »
Having Harvard as editor would be great. And I also very much like the editing (well, the whole work) of Diabolo Ensemble.
So far I have nothing to bring to the table, from the brainstorm point of view, but I post everywhere so I could not miss the chance to show my enthusiasm about a new collab :)
The idea of a countdown is very nice, but a bit hard since we do not know when the collab will be released, and it might be too much pressure for the editor to have a fixed date. Once said that, we can try and see how it goes :)
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

the_vik_vh

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2013, 08:31:17 PM »
When I saw people suggesting Havard I went on youtube to check some videos (nice is good) Editing was awesome! I also think he should be the editor of the year  :)

Graham Milligan

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2013, 08:32:33 PM »
Awesome! I'll get filming right away! i have a new integral i hope you all like  xD
Some Craic!

Chloé F.

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2013, 09:24:46 AM »
Awesome! I'll get filming right away! i have a new integral i hope you all like  xD
You should submit ut as a VotW maybe...
There's nothing but what's bearable as long as a man can play diabolo.

Graham Milligan

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2013, 03:06:47 AM »
i will when i get my camera sorted
Some Craic!

Mediaboy13

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2013, 04:41:32 AM »
I remember suggesting the "2 people editing" idea back last year. Also for Mac users iMovie2 may be simple but it is very good software, however being a PC user i'll stick to Adobe.  ::)

-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

luabduch

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2013, 12:00:51 AM »
2 people editing is probably chaos.
trust me.

wgm

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2013, 04:47:58 AM »
Yeah with those guys like jarle and haavard it works well because they can work together in the same place, on the same computer. two editors in different countries would be awful.

maxmaestro

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2013, 07:58:22 PM »
whenever we do a group project in film studies and there are two editors, it's havoc and thats on two different computers 5 minutes away from each other. so although it's a nice idea of giving the opportunity to more than one person, i dont think it's realistic xxx

any hoo, I dont care what software people use as long as they know how to use it. a good software means nothing if you cant use it, where as a pro could do wonders with the simplest software.

(random fact... Justice made all of their music on garage band)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal