Author Topic: trick invention/ideas thread  (Read 12590 times)

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
trick invention/ideas thread
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2005, 11:45:33 AM »
Hey Looby, was thinkin bout that trick last night and it hit me, think i've seen it before, or the way i interpreted your explanation anyway, not sure where the video is now but it was called "Tutur Au Diab" and it's pretty much the last trick in the vid, very impressive.

I had a look through the trick and video archive but couldn't find the video by name, if nobody knows where it is now and you wanna see that trick I could probably cut it out and post it temporarily for your viewing pleasure.

@ Draco + Josh

I find that just doing the monorail gains speed anyway, you don't need to keep it in the loop (although that does look kewl and works) but keep reversing the direction and I find the diabolo never drops below a respectable speed, enough to do plenty more arm moves and break out into something else around the leg or body or whatever.

looby

• Donator
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2005, 12:56:02 AM »
Quote from: JGherkin
Hey Looby, was thinkin bout that trick last night and it hit me, think i've seen it before, or the way i interpreted your explanation anyway, not sure where the video is now but it was called "Tutur Au Diab" and it's pretty much the last trick in the vid, very impressive.

Ahhh cool, I think I know the one you're talking about, I'm pretty sure I've got it saved at home (currently on work's computer) so I'll have a butchers tomorrow and see what I can find. I can see this trick causing massive difficulty though as the weight of the second diabolo leaves you with little to no string on the armstall end of the string where you hopefully pull of the mini-g. Kudos to anyone who can nail this and if I find this vid JGherkin is talking about then this is a pre-congrats to whoever pulled it off first  :evil:  :wink:
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2005, 08:14:32 PM »
Working on 2 diabolo over the arm with some orbits, rubberarms, stalls, and hopefully some monorail in there too. :shock: Ill get a video for you guys if I get any success on these new(or not, someone probably thought of it too) tricks.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

ScottMcG

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2005, 08:13:00 PM »
mini genocide to grind, done it once or twice but i find it pretty damn hard
basicly do a normal mini gen but instead of letting the sting wrap round, catch the stick before it does and catch the diabolo in a grind....

Mithew

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2005, 01:37:45 AM »
i was wondering, how about a trick like the vortex, but instead of doing a frontwrap, you do a backwrap, it would be hard to get the second diabolo around it, but if you pushed hard with the looped diabolo it might work, so far i haven't been having much luck with it though.
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

seán_

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2005, 01:55:24 AM »
a vortex is really part of the family of tricks called transfers or knot steals (AFAIK). the bw version of a vortex is tricky because you have to deal with a frontwrap unwrap with your left hand. (I can do the trick as is but generally prefer to go to  a wrist stall on the left to give me time to get my head around it.)

Diabology has a really nice section on this family of tricks.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2005, 01:57:06 AM »
yeah, you just have to come to the oiutside when you rewrap the diabolo. it's a good exercise for control, to switch wraps like that in tricks and then deal with it, but it doesn't look any different, maybe even a bit worse.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

seán_

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2005, 02:24:02 AM »
I quite like the way it looks so maybe I didnt describe it very well :)

I quite like the pauses and chances for entrys into an unexpected trick that stalls offer myself, kind of breaks things up a bit.

However I will say that the difference in difficulty between a standard vortex and the BW version for me means I rarely bother with it as to a lot of people they wouldnt really apreciate it..

edit: or if I'm barking up the wrong tree, Norbi used to work on some lovely transfers where you send wraps the 'wrong way' then have to do some fancy unwraps to deal with it, Oli too, again kind of stuff most apreciated by diaboloists but then isnt a lot of stuff?

Mithew

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2005, 03:56:17 AM »
another idea i had, when i do an x-grind my diabolo starts to tilt upwards, i've been trying to do and x-grind with a wrap, and then go into excalibur, it hasn't been working but i think it could, anyone have any ideas (like whether its interesting enough to even try to get)???
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2005, 07:39:44 PM »
i came up with some 2d genocides (not mini's) which have a afew exits ...if you do a left genocide it goes into a sprinkler and if you do a right genocide it goes into a vortex etc. but you'll have to ask for more details as i'm lazy

...also, for 1d, if you exit an arm combo with a genocide and then put your right arm back in the arm orbit position then the string will wrap around your arm into a monorail 8)

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2005, 08:51:05 PM »
normal vortex
2d around arm (could be better though)

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2005, 08:52:08 PM »
quite a crazy idea but someone might wanna try it as i'm not good enough to do 3 diabolos.  It's basically a 3 diabolo antisuicide.  So you get the wrap on one and do the motion but i'm not sure the other 2 diabolos will stay on the string...  Maybe with practice.

schlanger

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2005, 10:15:21 PM »
i had the idea of a 1d integral genocide/mini genocide.

i can sort of do it. it goes as follows: do a right inverse trapeze and throw the diabolo into the string as in normal magic knot mini genocide. as you release the right stick and gab the string you let go of the left stick. make the catch and take a grab at the original right stick. at this point you can either go into an infinite suicide or grab the left stick and return to normal position. :lol:
schlanger is upon us

Evan

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2005, 12:11:53 PM »
Hi

Yeah this is a fairly simple trick and i am sure someone has come up with it before (if u have sorry) but from closed orbits grind on the left stick leaving the wrap on then lower the left hand and it climbs nicely of the stick into an elevator (I am LEFT handed) very simple and easy i know but i like it.

And another one in the same easy but i like section, from a cats cradle let go of one stick so it drops the diabolo should stay in the cradle but also rest on the stick and you can then throw one handed catch the stick and then the diabolo.

(Sorry if these tricks are from someone else but i did come up with them myself.)

Evan

Mithew

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2005, 04:53:07 PM »
Quote from: schlanger
i had the idea of a 1d integral genocide/mini genocide.

i'm not sure if these two tricks are the same, but Jacob Sharpe has a 1d integral mini-genocide in his new video (shirtless man doing diabolo), it looks awesome

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal