Author Topic: Two person passing  (Read 8164 times)

Mithew

Two person passing
« on: October 03, 2005, 11:57:02 AM »
my friend is a righty and im a lefty.  We're trying to learn how to do passing stuff, but it's hard because we have to face opposite directions, i've heard some people mentioning cool tricks that can be done with a lefty and righty, what are they???
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

Chiok

• Donator
Two person passing
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 12:48:46 PM »
Arjan is left handed and Martijn is right handed, but they manage to pass 4 diabolos between them.  You just face in opposite directions and pass a lil short.

At Bristol, JGherkin showed me a really nifty thing by Guy Heathcote to do with a leftie and a rightie.  Stand infront of one another, if one person gets 2 going, the other gets 1 going, then the 2 pops one over  and when the other guy catches it, pops the other one over.  So on so forth, if done right, it will look like an asynch 3D shuffle but between two people.  I was most amused with this but unfortunately do not know any other leftie 2 diaboloists.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

eggy900

Two person passing
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 02:21:29 PM »
me and my mate who's a leftie, stand opposite and do different types of oribts accross to each other, such as around arm and around leg and behind the back

martijn

Two person passing
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 02:45:17 PM »
Quote from: Chiok
Arjan is left handed and Martijn is right handed, but they manage to pass 4 diabolos between them.  You just face in opposite directions and pass a lil short.

Yeap, that's true. Everything you can do with 2 righty's (except for excalibur [yes, I won't call it vertax :twisted: ] perhaps... but I'm sure someday there will be a solutionfor this :)) is possible for a lefty and a righty. You only have to do these things face to face or back to back, so the diabolo spins in the same direction.

The 3d face to face passing you mentioned Chiok, is that the trick Vux and Baptiste do in Diabology? (EJC 2003 / Renegade...)

Vojtas

Two person passing
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 04:38:35 PM »
Two guys (RH and LH) have one diabolo and they both have it on their own string (means, that there are two strings "under" the diabolo), but they do same things as one person with one diabolo (and of course with one pair of handsticks :wink: ) looks cool, though
What if the prophecy is true? What if tomorrow the war could be over? Isn't that worth fighting for? Isn't that worth dying for?
-Morpheus

Chiok

• Donator
Two person passing
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 07:02:23 PM »
Umm, lil bit of help here please?  I'm afraid I couldn't tell you if it was the trick or not because I don't have Diabology (shamfeful I know, but I plan to have this rectified by my birthday).  Barnesy saw us trying it, maybe he could shed some light.  Otherwise I wouldn't know :(

Chiok

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Two person passing
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 07:45:30 PM »
to pass excalibur you have to be standing on the ceiling (one of the two people preferablly the leftie cause i'm the friend thats a righty :D) to get the right spin for each other.... ANTI GRAV BOOTS!

Mithew

Two person passing
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 12:13:21 AM »
Quote from: J_J777
ANTI GRAV BOOTS!

yeah...thanks for the wonderful suggestion.  Thanks everyone for the ideas, but the main problem is when my friend and i try to perform, one of us is facing away from the audience and it looks pretty stupid.  I was wondering about passing back to back or something....anyone have any advice about that??
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

KaTurN

Two person passing
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 02:35:45 AM »
hopefully one of you can learn to be ambidextrious becauce its imposible for both of you to put the same spin on it faceing the same direction w/o converting one way or another..

your best bet is to face each other instead of one guy faceing away from the audience if practiced extensively it should be posible to pass 6

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
Two person passing
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 09:13:02 AM »
Yes it is done on Diabology, but Guy has assured me many times that he and somebody else from the Southampton Juggling Club came up with it years and years ago.  Posssibly even showed it to the MFP?...not sure on that one, Guy? Fancy chiming in here? lol

Chiok

• Donator
Two person passing
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 12:51:11 PM »
I think with this passing excalibur thing, the only hassle arises when the other person wants to speed up the diabolo.  Of course I'm aware it's the main method of keeping it up.  The other person could catch it and do the tricks and then pass it back for speeding up.  To idle, the other person would probably have to spin on the spot to keep the diabolo vertical.

Even with Anti-gravity boots, the other person would still have to get used to whipping with the other hand up instead.  Shame though, sounded like a super idea.

(Cheers John, that's the pickle)

Chiok

Mithew

Two person passing
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 10:04:04 PM »
well....if your (as many diaboloists are), you could possibly rig strags from a ceiling, suspending one person from it, but you'd still have the problem of turning...so mabey straping the person to a turning disco ball...

Ruff

Two person passing
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2005, 06:14:32 PM »
me and my friend have just started to pas to each other and we orbit, or bounce them to each othe.r

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal