Author Topic: Where does it start?  (Read 3765 times)

visjes112

Where does it start?
« on: April 27, 2013, 06:45:06 PM »
Hi,

My new video, please enjoy :)

Where does it start?

-Visjes112

ChloƩ F.

Re: Where does it start? - Diabolo video by Vivian van Buul
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 07:14:52 PM »
I like it  ;) great editing, great tricks, and great weather !
There's nothing but what's bearable as long as a man can play diabolo.

maxmaestro

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 08:51:23 PM »
so im going to give you some constructive criticism. but first i'd like to say well done! you have progressed so much and so quickly over the last few years and really upped your creativity. soo! on the down side... i got bored watching your video... and ive realised that i get bored watching most of your videos for the same reason. which is the fact that you used the same camera angle the whole way through. as far as i see you dont have a tripod? i would really look into investing into getting one. you can get them on ebay for 10-15 euros i should think. for what your doing theres no need in splashing out on a pricy one. the reason for this is that for all of the shots, the ground takes up more space than you do, which takes the focus of you. you had one good shot at 1:30, and you could do a lot more.

so recap:
more angles (not all straight on)
take the camera off the ground (its fine for maybe one, for example it worked for your last shot)
and make sure you always have good/interesting lighting (shadow ruined trick at 3:30 imo, and for what i mean by interesting, look at sebi and tato's latest vid, or counting escalator steps by wes peden)
and as people have said in the past, as interesting locations as possible.( the panning shot at 1:20 was just pretty dull... like look at the shots in flutterby by jarle and hovvi.)

i say this because its a shame to be doing so many cool tricks and them feeling repetitive and boring. hope this was useful. and dont get me wrong your videos have awesome content, its just you need to plan it a bit more to make it interesting.

max

Graham Milligan

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 11:26:03 PM »
i didnt mind at all about the camera angle, i got bored because in every 1D combo you used the same 20second integral at some point. But apart from that i can still see improvements and lots of new concepts!
Some Craic!

visjes112

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 07:03:03 AM »
Thanks for the tips everyone, I already knew some but I like the way how I make my videos. I will definitely do something with some points of the criticism. I do have a tripod, I only didn't use it this time, because I was diaboloing on another place. If you watch my previous video "you know you like it", you can see I used it (there were also a few clips from another angle).

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9070 met Tapatalk

mistercebolla

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 06:55:24 PM »
Had the same problem with the camera angles. I think there's a lot of great content here but I think it's important to always keed the diabolos and the sticks in sight, instead of so much floor. Anyway, I still think the tricks were great and will search for more of your videos!
jack of all trades, master of none

visjes112

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 05:39:25 AM »
If you're looking for videos of mine with cool camera angles, I would recommend you to watch my new video "Up in the sky - 3d tricks video" :)

Mediaboy13

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 12:07:48 PM »
Thanks for the tips everyone, I already knew some but I like the way how I make my videos.
First of all if you like how you make your videos stick with it! You can combine it with the techniques others have given you (so at least you'll like half the video  :P ) if you have half a video with the way you like and half the way others like. It's always good to entertain yourself and the audience.
As for the video i enjoyed it and didn't find it boring. I enjoyed the music and the tricks in th is video looked good with the angles (i know it's quite hard to film a shot from that low angle without a tripod and have little floor space shown).
Like always i really enjoyed your 3D style and the smoothness of the 1D tricks!  :)

-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

visjes112

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 06:31:42 PM »
thanks, Alex !
Just in case if you haven't seen my 3d tricks video called "Up in the sky", there you can see clips from different angles and so on ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal