Author Topic: Collaboration video 2013 - Call for videos  (Read 25867 times)

Håvard

• VotW Contributor
Collaboration video 2013 - Call for videos
« on: June 30, 2013, 11:40:43 PM »
Hello everyone!   8)

July has begun, and i think we should start to think about the diabolo.ca collaboration video 2013. Jarle and I are really happy to be the editors for 2013, we appreciate the opportunity  :)

Please read these guidelines to keep the video for 2013 as good as the previous ones:

- Please make your footage HD, at least 720p. If you don't own a HD camera, borrow it from a friend! Send your clips in the best quality you can.

- You can send as many clips you want. Feel free to record your sequence from different angles.

- We only need little sequences, we can't put a sequence that has one minute in the final video, leave space to other participants too.

- Send the clips in the original format

- You don't have to only send in technical stuff, it can be funny stuff, bloopers, or everything else that involves diabolos.

- Mind lighting, photography and locations. Please don't just record something in your messy backyard, try to find cool locations, and maybe add some camera movements to make your clip even more awesome. (You can bring your friend to help you with the filming)

- Include your name as you want to appear in the video, your forum username and the place where you live. (city and country) Not the place your clip is recorded, but the place where you live.

- Please don't release your clip on the internet before the final video is online. If no one knows each others tricks, it will be a suprise for everyone!

- Have fun and be creative!

You can upload your videos to sites like dropbox, ge.tt , box.com , 4shared.com or any other

Send your clips to hovvi_97@hotmail.com

the deadline is october 1th (The reason for that is because i think 3 months is plenty of time to go outside and record something cool, and ill try to make the video done in the end of november. Of course you can send videos after october 1st, but then I can't assure it'll be in.

If you have any question just leave a comment below!
My signature is simply the best.

kike001000

Re: Collaboration video 2013 - Call for videos
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 11:52:10 PM »
if we can not upload the videos to the pages you've said, we can put them together and send to you together with your email

PSDT: I hope this video is the best of 2013 greetings from chile

Graham Milligan

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 03:20:28 AM »
YAY!!!  this is going to be the best collab EVER!!  Haavard is GOD!!
Some Craic!

5p3ak

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 10:15:30 AM »
Wow nice...but in original format?! Dayum, you know how huge is that, for me at least. Can I send in another format that is less pain to upload?

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai

Arjan

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 10:49:34 AM »
I myself am not a experienced editor/computer geek but what I do know is that the raw video format, as recorded, is very important in keeping a clear good video quality.

5p3ak

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 11:05:16 AM »
Hmm for me a 30 sec clip is about 120MB +- but then again clips around 30sec are just enough right? Do you guys need more? I've tons of unedited footage.

Håvard

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 03:26:17 PM »
As Arjan said, it is important to keep the original format, so we don't lose any quality.

Also, I think that a 30 seconds long sequence is a little too long for a collaboration video. Try to film short tricks or combos, to make space for other participants. If everyone sends in 30 second long clips, We only have space for about 30 participants in a 15 minute long video. Last year we were 46 participants, lets try to keep it up!  ;)

dimensions

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 03:57:23 PM »
How many videos can we submit?
I assume 3 max will be used

The BKA Collaboration - 2013
This might give you some ideas of the length of combo - I edited it btw
Subscribe escapees6 on youtube it's me!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Håvard

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 09:07:00 AM »
How many videos can we submit?
I assume 3 max will be used

You can submit as many videos as you want  :) Ill consider how many i use, it depends.

This might give you some ideas of the length of combo - I edited it btw

Well, kendama is a bit different from diabolo, so the tricks dont have to be as short as in this kendama video. Just watch previous diabolo collaboration videos to get an idea of how long the sequences should be. Feel free to send in as long clips as you want, but if it is too long (30 sec or something) ill just cut out the best part  :)

PS: Feel free to write comments like "Yay, im in" or "I will record something!" etc  ;)

5p3ak

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 09:47:01 AM »
As Arjan said, it is important to keep the original format, so we don't lose any quality.

Also, I think that a 30 seconds long sequence is a little too long for a collaboration video. Try to film short tricks or combos, to make space for other participants. If everyone sends in 30 second long clips, We only have space for about 30 participants in a 15 minute long video. Last year we were 46 participants, lets try to keep it up!  ;)

Alright so just straight to the point, or rather straight to the trick am I right?  :-D

Most probably submitting through Mediafire.

You can submit as many videos as you want  :) Ill consider how many i use, it depends.

Well, kendama is a bit different from diabolo, so the tricks dont have to be as short as in this kendama video. Just watch previous diabolo collaboration videos to get an idea of how long the sequences should be. Feel free to send in as long clips as you want, but if it is too long (30 sec or something) ill just cut out the best part  :)

PS: Feel free to write comments like "Yay, im in" or "I will record something!" etc  ;)

I see, okay most prolly I'll just cut to the trick parts.  ;)

luabduch

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 01:37:43 PM »
This is awesome!

good luck with the editing, guys!
I'm sure it'll be amazing!

I'll send something to you ;)
And if I can I'll record some diabolists in Brazil too.

YEAH!

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 01:04:00 PM »
Great news. I'll definitely film something this summer.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 01:42:23 PM »
I'll see if I can come up with something.

Arjan

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 05:49:13 PM »
O yes I sure will send in a couple of clips.

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 06:10:07 PM »
Hell yeah I am in!

Graham Milligan

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 02:17:59 PM »
Im gonna be having a wee diabolo jam with Grant Goldie soon. so i'll try and get some footage of him aswell!
Some Craic!

Chloé F.

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 07:17:27 PM »
Do you think you'll be able to include everyone in the collab video ? I mean if an nknown diaboloist as me did an integral or a trick, would they have luck to be in the video ? Because I'm going to film a short integral ;-)
There's nothing but what's bearable as long as a man can play diabolo.

Arjan

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 08:51:20 PM »
In respond of Chloe's post, I'm pretty sure the editors will try to include everyone sending something, since that is the whole point of this.
The technical difficulty of a clip does not necessarily have to be very high, there are much more factors that come in play here.
Plenty of room for everyone to do something they feel proud of and share it in this epic annual video.

Maybe we should consider trying to reach out to diabolists not only via this forum, maybe social media or other forums. Anyone?

dimensions

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 08:58:51 PM »
One step ahead of you Arjan - I posted a link of this thread to the kendama forum
There are a few diaboloists on there like "The Void" and "Donald Grant"
Subscribe escapees6 on youtube it's me!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

luabduch

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2013, 05:13:54 AM »
Maybe we should consider trying to reach out to diabolists not only via this forum, maybe social media or other forums. Anyone?

great idea!
I'll post that on the social media pages of Malabarize-se
:)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal