Author Topic: Collaboration video 2013 - Call for videos  (Read 24001 times)

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
Re: Collaboration video 2013 - Call for videos
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2013, 07:37:44 AM »
Maybe we should consider trying to reach out to diabolists not only via this forum, maybe social media or other forums. Anyone?

I might post it on them polish diabolo forum :)

Mediaboy13

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2013, 11:44:52 AM »
Maybe we should consider trying to reach out to diabolists not only via this forum, maybe social media or other forums. Anyone?
I agree and disagree.
First off i don't mind the idea of asking  other diabolo/ forums, what i disagree with is going to sites like YouTube and other video and social media sites as it would be extremely hard to keep track of everything  :-|

Final note is that this is the Diabolo.Ca collaberation video!
-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2013, 01:02:57 PM »
To counter your argument, Mediaboy, the participating population here has dwindled vastly in relation to the rise of other social media platforms (go back and see how much discussion we would get in 2009-2010 compared to today). Further, how is a community supposed to 'grow' if it stays gated due to some halfassed argument that "its our collaboration"? As an example of how some are already going elsewhere to recruit, the fact that Tancle has posted a request to this group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/139434249475118/) is exciting because then we'll might get some participants that we haven't had in the past. Finally, could you clarify how things will be hard to track - the call for videos is very clear and simple regarding name and place; why would it then be hard to keep track of everything?

the_vik_vh

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2013, 03:19:39 PM »
I am in!!! i hope to add something cool to the video after 1 year of diabolo :D

Icebox

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2013, 04:20:13 PM »
I'll try to get in on this again ;)

The Void

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2013, 04:22:04 PM »
I posted a link of this thread to the kendama forum  There are a few diaboloists on there like "The Void" and "Donald Grant"
...who are both forum members here too. Why did you put quote marks around our names? :-p

Anyway, I've had something I've been meaning to film for ages, so I'll try to make sure I get it done.
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2013, 04:34:49 PM »
Tempted.

Arjan

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2013, 08:35:42 PM »
...who are both forum members here too. Why did you put quote marks around our names? :-p

Was thinking the exact same Void! Thanks for kicking in and proving your active state of lurking!
Would be lovely to have a big diversity of diabolo-ists from all around, and these names mentioned cannot be missed!

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2013, 09:17:29 PM »
Not to hate on dimensions, but Donald had Facebook so it is easier to ask him through that (although I do understand that dimensions may not have Facebook).

Talking about Facebook maybe we could ask some non-active diaboloists through that? There are many amazing diaboloists on Facebook who lost their passwords or are just inactive but are amazing nonetheless!

I guess the more the merrier right?

The Void

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2013, 09:29:54 PM »
So this is the *DCA forum* collaboration video, right?
So if people are suggesting advertising it elsewhere, are they thinking that
A) It may prod lapsed forum members to poke their noses back in, and submit? (And become re-active on the forum.)
B) It will prompt new people to join the forum and submit? (And become active on the forum.)
C) Non-forum members will submit something?

A and B would be good: bringing new blood and new activity to the boards.
Not sure about C. What does it gain for the forum? If advertising elsewhere, I think people should specify that it's a collaboration video *for forum members*... But that new members are welcome to sign up and join in.

Does that sound right?
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2013, 01:01:43 AM »
Sorry Void, ignore the second to last thing I said, I got ahead of myself  :-|

maxmaestro

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2013, 01:55:38 AM »
im definitely in,

and maybe to make sure we dont just have people submitting video's, could we only allow people who have an account?

-max

Mediaboy13

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2013, 11:46:38 AM »
To counter your argument, Mediaboy, the participating population here has dwindled vastly in relation to the rise of other social media platforms (go back and see how much discussion we would get in 2009-2010 compared to today). Further, how is a community supposed to 'grow' if it stays gated due to some halfassed argument that "its our collaboration"? As an example of how some are already going elsewhere to recruit, the fact that Tancle has posted a request to this group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/139434249475118/) is exciting because then we'll might get some participants that we haven't had in the past. Finally, could you clarify how things will be hard to track - the call for videos is very clear and simple regarding name and place; why would it then be hard to keep track of everything?

I agree with what Max said here:
and maybe to make sure we dont just have people submitting video's, could we only allow people who have an account?

I meant that there may be too many submissions from just random people all the the net and it MAY be hard to keep track of who's where in the editing process.

-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2013, 05:55:13 PM »
If advertising elsewhere, I think people should specify that it's a collaboration video *for forum members*... But that new members are welcome to sign up and join in.

Does that sound right?

That sounds perfect to me.

vilihendrix

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2013, 07:40:27 PM »

A) It may prod lapsed forum members to poke their noses back in, and submit? (And become re-active on the forum.)

this!

Richard

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2013, 10:45:43 AM »
Totally pumped!

Will have to find an awesome filming location in my travels over the next 6 weeks :)

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2013, 04:57:14 AM »
haven't been on here in awhile but I'll send some stuff in :D

kampfjapanertaro

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2013, 09:17:33 AM »
Its great that we have one great collab video every year and everything is improving each year.

The only thing that i want to say is:  2 Tricks per person/group is enough.
I always think when i see someone for the 3rd time in the collab: oh notthat person again!

Håvard

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2013, 11:49:12 AM »
If advertising elsewhere, I think people should specify that it's a collaboration video *for forum members*... But that new members are welcome to sign up and join in.
That sounds perfect to me too.

People are free to submit more than 2 clips, but i will decide which clips i will be using :)

I have only received clips from 3 different persons yet, so come on guys! Go outside, find an awesome location, and film some tricks! Feel free to include some nature shots of the location aswell :)
My signature is simply the best.

kike001000

« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2013, 08:29:12 AM »
havard could you give me your email for me to send you some material that I have please  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal