Author Topic: Which diabolo for begginer-intermediate player?  (Read 3774 times)

Anthony-mamuth

Which diabolo for begginer-intermediate player?
« on: July 12, 2013, 10:40:42 AM »
Hello guys,

I am a new member to the forum and also kinda new to the diabolo(i 've been playing for about 8 months now)
The only diabolo i have is a cheap fixed axl toy one which i transformed into one with a one bearing axl on my own.
I 've made the descision to buy two new proper ones because i am strugling with this one. Yes i want to learn 2D!!!
And i would also like to learn vertax...
The tricks i do are mostly suicides, around the body-leg-arm-etc, knots, cradles and some other simple ones for fun.
Which diabolo would me nice for my case? I've been looking on fixed ones mostly like the beach or finese...
Any advise would help :)
Thanks in advance!!!

the_vik_vh

Re: Which diabolo for begginer-intermediate player?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 04:54:41 PM »
first you should read other pages there are alot of guides for chosing diabolos. I just recommend taibolos and epics. Circus and finesses also work but I prefer she asian ones :P for 2D buy fixed axles you can consider buying a proper bearing for vertax but you can do almost everything with fixed

good luck with 2D!!

maxmaestro

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 10:10:48 PM »
fixed is definitely the way in my opinion. i like both circus and tiabolo's. i find tiabolo's nicer if im doing numbers as it's lighter on the arms and you can go for longer, however circus's may be easier to learn two with, as they are heavier and stay inline easier. I prefer circus for 1 diabolo (all round axel is best for vertax, but i like the twist for string stuff as its wider and wraps up a lot less)

benefit of tiabolo is that the axel is fine when you get it and you dont have to buy a new one, where as circus i feel you sort of have to so they come to around £30-35 each instead of £25.
(epics are like tiabolo's and circus's are like finnesse)

i love both my circus and my tiabolo, but i would like some epics some day....
hope that helped.

Anthony-mamuth

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 11:38:38 PM »
Thank you very much indeed!
All this helped me sort some things out. I will visit the juggling shop on monday and maybe try some diabolos out, taking into consideration your advises! I aperciate your help :)

maxmaestro

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 02:51:23 PM »
any time  ;)

vilihendrix

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 12:36:04 PM »
*taibolo

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 03:18:56 PM »
I'd go for the Epics. They are cheap and amazing.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

Anthony-mamuth

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 04:28:52 PM »
A big thanks to all of you guys! :)
I went to the store today, talked with the guy there and tried some diabolos out.
Finesse fellt the best to me...(just my opinion)
I will get 2 of them either today in a few hours or tomorrow morning!

seán_

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 03:13:40 PM »
Just wanted to point out that Henrys are transitioning to plastic hubs as standard on Circus's

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal