Author Topic: "Shirtless Man Doing Diabolo", by Jacob Sharpes  (Read 21016 times)

Bertrand

"Shirtless Man Doing Diabolo", by Jacob Sharpes
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2005, 12:17:38 PM »
I'm really impressed.  Incredibles tricks (especially with 3 low and high, a bit more cleanliness and it's perfect)...

And I'm irritated too, you progress too quickly.  I wanted film 72222 fan for "the jongle.net  trick of the week", but I come too late.  

Congratulations.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2005, 01:44:29 PM »
Hey Matt_ your complaint made no sense. Ofcourse iPod's only work with iTunes, and ofcourse you dont know how to fix it, you are a PC geek (ugh). Just get a mac, they are far superior and cool and easy (once you get used to them) and friendly and super sweet.
Oh and iPod mini's are prone to going wrong, i cant back apple up on that front, the truth is the mini's arent great.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2005, 01:48:49 PM »
Ahem... maybe until Apple introduces the iDiabolo we should get back to a little discussion of Jacob's video? ;)

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2005, 01:59:16 PM »
Sorry Sean (and everyone else)

As i've said, that video was awesome, well done you. The music is not rap at all, i dunno who thinks it is but they're silly. Anyway, i think that commented on the music in a negative way is really dumb and highly pointless. Sure it's fine to say you dont think it fitted the video. But so say it was crap becuase you hate rap, why would you say that? What does it help?

Sorry i seem to be going off-topic again, back to the video. Awesome. Please don't compete in diabolo this year  :wink:

Jonnyh

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2005, 04:05:21 PM »
Stunning... only 15?! wow...

P.S bad day norbi?...  :roll:

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2005, 06:11:26 PM »
yeah bertrand, whenever a new video comes out I get worried that it'll have a trick that I've done or made up on my own. thanks sean :wink: . and on WJF, I wasn't planning on it, but my dad is pushing me to send this video to jason, says it shouldn't be viewed as a competition as much as an exhibition of skills. we'll see...
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2005, 07:30:55 PM »
Jason? as in jason garfield o.0  You really should compete if any of that stuff is solid you'll do very well to.  and about the rap thing I don't mind rap except those lyrics I just well >.< anyways it was good and i shall always be a rock person  :-({|=

Smoky

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2005, 07:32:31 PM »
nice work nice 3D low tricks but i dont know what style do you do it is synchro or asynchro .diabolos are move as asynchro but your hand are synchro please synchro or asynchro

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2005, 08:14:45 PM »
his hands are async (at least thats what i see....)

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2005, 09:36:07 PM »
Fantastic stuff, Jacob!  I'm just starting to get 42 to work in 3 low - seeing that has made me see how far ahead you are!

Dave (still undecided on The Streets)

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2005, 10:22:09 PM »
I'm async through and through man
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2005, 12:03:34 AM »
Quote from: norbi
Hey Matt_ your complaint made no sense. Ofcourse iPod's only work with iTunes, and ofcourse you dont know how to fix it, you are a PC geek (ugh). Just get a mac, they are far superior and cool and easy (once you get used to them) and friendly and super sweet.
Oh and iPod mini's are prone to going wrong, i cant back apple up on that front, the truth is the mini's arent great.

not true, there is a great iPod plugin for winamp which i have used firsthand ;) my PC can do anything your mac can do, not to mention cheaper too ;) one of my favorite nerd jokes is "name one thing your PC can do that my Mac cant." .... "right click"

Sean: god no, not the iDiabolo...it would be focused on looks rather than design, it wouldnt be compatible with Mr Babache sticks and string, and there would be a whole team of zealots trying to convince me to use that instead of my G2s  :?

anyway, i apologize for going off topic i should know better  :roll: no disrespect intended to Jacob's mad skills, of course.

juggleBG

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2005, 03:20:35 AM »
Ya, The Streets rock.
Solid diaboloing stuff.

"holding up excalibur your beats are inferior"
Roffle.

Mithew

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2005, 03:51:42 AM »
Quote from: J_J777
 You really should compete if any of that stuff is solid you'll do very well to.  

no offense....but that sounded slightly arrogant, i'm not sure if your in a position to judge whether he'll do well when i think he's better than you
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2005, 05:18:01 PM »
i don't get ur last comment.  I think he will do well cause he has good one diabolo combos, good two diabolo knots, fans etc... and good 3 diabolo tricks and good 3 high siteswap.  If those tricks are consistent, then he should do well right?  what do u mean arogant?

Arjan

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2005, 08:56:03 PM »
Quote from: Sharpes
arjan, you didn't like the beginning? I was real proud of that second combo inside, took a real long time to get consistent, and I think with a little movement refining could look really good, and again, is very, very difficult (for me at least).

Well I couldn`t see really good what was going on in some of the moves... I really have to watch them better, but somewhere near the middle/end there were some insane moves wich were very clear wich grabbed my attention on instant.

I have to say, you are a wicked overall diabolist, keep going like that!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal