Author Topic: Cleanest trick idea  (Read 9260 times)

Wis

Re: Cleanest trick idea
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2013, 02:57:13 PM »
C'mon, if somebody wants to make an activity related to diabolo, and use the forum as a support, maybe the amount of posts that are jokes or 'I do not see why that is fun' could be less than half, uh?

About the competition. It was suggested a crazy fts (that I cannot do) and accepted by Tipper and Jannis. So, come on, you can play between you three (Tipper, Janis and Coolaqw) this first round, and then you can choose another trick for the less skilled people like me or Chloé F.

Once said that:
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Scharling

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 03:45:00 PM »
I'm a fan of the idea! I'll have to skip this one, but I'll definitely attend at some other trick!

Chloé F.

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2013, 05:56:52 PM »
@Arjan and @Ronnie. I hope you weren't serious :P when I say an easier trick it could be like an integral with 2D or something hard, but many people can't do fts, that's why I said it's too hard...
There's nothing but what's bearable as long as a man can play diabolo.

Olive

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 08:45:29 PM »
Does anyone remember the days when fts was a proper classic trick that was learnt as standard instead of some stick-twirling poncy-ness?

Graham Milligan

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 02:07:00 PM »
Does anyone remember the days when fts was a proper classic trick that was learnt as standard instead of some stick-twirling poncy-ness?

yeh but whenever every single diaboloist does a 'classic' FTS in all their videos it becomes boring and samey and eventually unimpressive. Whereas poncy stick twirling is new and unexplored and therefore interesting.

Some Craic!

Olive

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 10:18:19 PM »
It´s been explored for a few years now and it all looks the same... It´s a rare, innovative video that inspires rather than twirls.

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 10:01:00 PM »
Whereas poncy stick twirling is new and unexplored and therefore interesting.

If by new you mean really old and well explored, then yeah... I guess its new.

kampfjapanertaro

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2013, 11:27:32 AM »
at the german forum (diabolotreff.de) we had the same topic and idea to film just one trick and see who lands it best. i guess we even had a trick chosen but noone has filmed anything. I believe it´ll be the same here as it was in Diabolotreff.
And i agree with Arjan. The Quantity of the videos have increased so that nothing is special anymore.

TUTME

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 03:35:05 PM »
Then i guess this part idea is over
Simen

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2013, 06:41:13 PM »
I think that this seems to fall in same place as the consistency trick idea. Which hasn't taken off that well.  Most of players seem to like to just consume videos. In the world of too much good videos I prefer to meet people and play with them and learn stuff.

Videos you can watch everyday but meeting other players is rare. I would (and will) go to conventions instead. ;)
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal