Author Topic: Beginner Twists in string  (Read 4160 times)

ogre

Beginner Twists in string
« on: October 09, 2005, 09:38:32 PM »
as i juggle the string keep getting twists - which i keep trying to get out as i go along - do i need to get them out or shall i just carry on? i'm not sure if they're getting in my way or not....
If I cut off my head; is it me and my head or me and my body?

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 09:45:43 PM »
You should get the twists out. If not, it causes the diabolo to get stuck on the string and tangled up more.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Mattias

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 10:05:03 PM »
And that is what my friend calls a tragic knot
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 09:14:05 PM »
Yes you should and if you can't get new string. That was a trajic joke Mattias
Behind your back is your front.

Mithew

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 04:16:15 PM »
by twists, do you mean knots, if so, get them out right away, if its simply that the string is twisted, then you should do a "SUN" to get them out, a sun is swinging the diabolo in a circle in front of you, if you swing it in the correct direction, the twist will dissapear (see www.diabolotricks.com and check for "sun" to get a better idea).  You don't want twists in the string for most tricks, and by the time you do want them, you'll know all about suns.
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 06:26:15 PM »
I think by twists, he means the string is twisted along itself like if you've ever used a yoyo and eventually after enough mess ups or loop the loops, the string will be horribly twisted causing it to wrap around itself.

This was all supposed to be remedied with the new MB handsticks which should allow the string to spin freely inside so you don't have to straighten out your string.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

ogre

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 02:39:19 PM »
Quote from: Chiok
I think by twists, he means the string is twisted along itself Chiok

That's it exactly, i've got the Henry's Carbon sticks but the knots keep binding, i shall endevour to get them out.

Thanks
If I cut off my head; is it me and my head or me and my body?

Will^

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 07:06:07 PM »
Fix two little nuts between the knot and the bottom of your stick, which lets the string rotate freely like the babache sticks. Make sure you get ones small enough that the knot cant slip through though.

Shawn Fumo

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005, 09:19:40 PM »
I don't know if you need full nuts? What about just a washer at the end?

I haven't had that much of an issue with this despite having wood sticks still. I think I tend to let a stick rotate in my hand if I feel it getting a bit too wound up. I'm not sure if suicides would help with this also.. If I get into too much trouble I just let one hang or grab the middle of the string with one hand while walking over to grab the diabolo...

I find it isn't as much of an issue as with yo-yos since there are less slack tricks involved. Then again, it seems like accelerations can bind up more often if it gets too twisty and whips can start to get affected if it gets too out of control..

Shawn

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal