Author Topic: How many time to do 3 diabolos ?  (Read 11338 times)

Chloé F.

How many time to do 3 diabolos ?
« on: October 03, 2013, 09:23:45 PM »
Hey there ! I have been working on 3D since April (6 months !) and I barely can keep them on the string more than 4 or 5 catches...
So I was wondering how many time did you get to attend 3 diabolos ?
Can you guys tell me please ?

Thank you, Chloé  :-D
There's nothing but what's bearable as long as a man can play diabolo.

Scharling

• VotW Contributor
Re: How many time to do 3 diabolos ?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 09:41:05 PM »
Hi Chloé.
I can variate from person to person. Personally I had it solid after 5 months, but as I said it depends.. Some people spend more than a year to learn it. My tip for you would be to film yourself and see where it is going wrong. If you need any further tips, feel free to send some clips of attempts and I'll guide you from there :-).

Kind regards
Scharling

Chloé F.

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 09:44:20 PM »
Thank you very much Kristian !
Actually I start to get the "good time" to put the 3rd diabolo into the suffle, and more I improve, more I spend time on it :-D

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 11:05:29 PM »
Took me about 3-4 months with practicing for about an hour every day before I had it solid :)
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

Toddyupa

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 11:21:49 PM »
Chloe, it is different for everyone. For some it takes just months of solid work, but for some (even some of the most skilled diaboloists) it can take years. It took me about 6 months of somewhat solid practice. Persistant practice and dedication is key!

If you find that it's taking you a long time to learn, don't worry. It doesn't mean you're 'bad' or 'unskilled'. Like I mentioned, some of the big names in diabolo either took a long time or still can't nail it, and that's OK! I think I recall reading that Martijn has spent years on 3D. We all learn at different rates, as we're all unique.

My tip I give to those learning 3 is to try and think about what you're doing, rather than just 'doing it'. If something isn't working, try mix it up a little. If you get a really good run, think about what you did there and see if you can repeat it.

Good luck!
pretentious 12 year old

vilihendrix

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 09:37:48 PM »
took me 2 years to get it solid with little or none practice at all  :P.

nickbonnes

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 09:52:17 PM »
I`m practice 3D low now, its so hard.
I practice 3d low from high to low, thats easier for me but I can do 3 high, and some siteswaps, 441, 42 and others.
One thing, never give up and get your diabolo`s ;)

Chloé F.

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 11:54:57 PM »
Thank you so much everyone for your advices !!!
I promise you I will keep practicing, I'll upload a video when I become better with those 3 diabs !

Thanks again people !  :-D
Chloé

CASERocks

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 03:13:34 AM »
It took me about 8-9 months, and that was with very persistent practice.  Like, I had to do it an hour everyday.  You eventually hit a breaking point and the motion just "clicks" in your mind.  Great feeling when that happens!

nickbonnes

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 10:10:30 PM »
My 3 low is solid now :)
Its was solid after 3 months real practicing, ive learned it from high to low, that can you see in my old reply.
How many catches is your record now ?

Chloé F.

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 06:29:48 PM »
Well, I've got like 3 catches best record --' I still don't have it, but I don't have enough time to practice with school...  :-|

maxmaestro

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 06:52:39 PM »
ive been practicing for almost 3 years and still cant do it, for a year of a half of that i did it almost every day. dont have the time nowa days though :(
i wish i could do 3...

SebiHausi

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 08:16:10 PM »
i also had to put a lot of practise into 3 back in the days. but as people have already mentioned the key to 3 diabolos is to practise consiquently. if you don't have much time try to do at least 10 minutes a day if you are serious about learning it, it really helps. i also needed about a year of serious practise to get it...

Chloé F.

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 09:03:12 PM »
Thanks Max and Sebi :)
I try to get 10 minutes of freetime per day, but I come back to school very late and we have a lot of homework to do so it's not possible every day...

Jannis

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 10:48:16 PM »
it took me about a year i'd guess. but it's my own fault. i didn't practice consequently, i just tried it once a day, maybe even less. but at the ejc in munich it just started to work if someone threw the 3rd diabolo in. someone showed me the hover start, and since then it just seemed to work.
but you should really try to practice every day, it was a long way for me, and you should prevent yourself from suffering as i did ;)

tyson_11

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 01:28:42 AM »
i agree with all this to an extent but it is important to remember that sometimes a break can be beneficial. i was never able to practice everyday, probably close to every second day, but sometimes when you're having a bad diabolo day and nothing is working for you you need to step back and give it some time so you don't accidentally learn bad habits. the same thing happened for me with 4. about a week ago i was almost landing 53 suns but then all of a sudden i lost it and couldnt even open the hover into a shuffle and i havent touched diabolo for a couple of days because i want to give my body a rest so im fresh when i try it again. but of course everybody is different and learns in their own way. hope this helps.

zano88

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 11:06:17 AM »
To learn 3 diabolo high it took me about 2 months, and after 3 months I was able to do some siteswap tricks with 3 high.
3 diabolo low.... I've been working on it from about 2 years, and I'm not very able to it now, probably because lately I practice it only 2 h at week.

:'( :'( :'( :'(

But as soon as I'll have a little time, I'm sure, I'll become a master...  :-D :-D :-D :-D

Mediaboy13

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 12:12:53 AM »
Well, I've got like 3 catches best record --' I still don't have it, but I don't have enough time to practice with school...  :-|
I feel your pain, I've been trying on and off for around 2 years (I think) with self starts and 2 person starts. Haven't really gotten anything solid but my best was about 9 otts (also do people still use that as a 'measurement'?). With school it can be hard putting time in but my school has circus as a class (performing arts school) so I can practice there, maybe try bringing your diabolo to school and practising before/after school and at recess/luch.

Hope that helps!  :-D
-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Chloé F.

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2013, 12:27:20 PM »
Actually I have already tried once or twice to bring my diabs at school, but I take the train to go there so it's really complicated - also my school doesn't have any circus class this year... But I try hard to keep some 15 minutes per day between homework and stuff... Some days ago I did 4 or 5 otts, that was just amazing  :-D
And yes Mediaboy, we still use the "ott method" to count records ;)

5p3ak

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2013, 01:01:44 PM »
Excuse me but what on earth is OTT?

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal