Author Topic: VotW: November 28, Tom  (Read 7685 times)

Sean

• Administrator
VotW: November 28, Tom
« on: November 28, 2004, 09:21:33 PM »
This week's video comes from Tom Derrick. A few of you may have seen this video before since he posted about it on rec.juggling a while back. You had to register to view the video, though, and apparently not many people saw it. I believe it was decided this trick should be named the "Tomcide".

(Tom, I took the liberty of converting the video to MPEG to avoid the usual complaints. ;) )

http://diabolo.ca/votw/2004_11_28/tomicide_MPEG.mpg
Streaming version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfaoE-WXaa4

Keep the videos coming! The stock is starting to get low.

Sean

Arjan

Video of the week: November 28, Tom
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 09:46:05 PM »
Nice trick!

seán_

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 09:48:25 PM »
Lovely trick Tom, its good that more people will be able to see it now. (BTW Its my fault its called 'Tomicide')

Jim has put it on diabolo tricks here Tomicide , for those who would like the step by step.

I still havent got around to trying it but I really like the look of it, well done Tom.

Seán_ (racking his mind to see if he's got anything for trick of the week)

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 09:52:39 PM »
Quote from: seán_
Seán_ (racking his mind to see if he's got anything for trick of the week)

Better rack that mind hard, Seàn! If I don't get more tricks I'll have to start inventing silly stuff myself... and you don't want that. ;)

Tom, yes, that's a lovely trick. Coming up with original one diabolo tricks of that kind is difficult - it's an area that has been relatively well developed. Congratulations.

Sean

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 11:14:08 PM »
Hey nice to see this trick make it to trick of the week. I told you that i would try and see what i could do with it, well the final trick in this clip
http://www.norbithejuggler.co.uk/movies/d2.mov
Is a double inverse trapeze into for extra style :wink:  then a genocide out. If anyone hasnt seen that vid yet (then where have they been, lol) then they may want to see what i am talking about, along with some other funky stuff. Sorry Tom, i didnt purposely plug my vid in your post, it started as a compliment and finished as something completely different, me bad. :wink:

Tom Derrick

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 08:45:20 PM »
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I thought it was good, but it's reassuring to know that other people think the same.
Cheers for converting it to MPEG, Sean. Most parts of computing elude me.

bombmistro

Re: VotW: November 28, Tom
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 11:28:23 PM »
wow going back and looking at these old votws i can really see history happening
I AM BACK AND HERE TO STAY!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal