Author Topic: Some runs with 6 diabolos + New record  (Read 10416 times)

Pieter

• VotW Contributor
Some runs with 6 diabolos + New record
« on: November 11, 2013, 09:22:54 AM »
Hi,
Here's a video of some runs with 6 diabolos I did at the end of 2012 and the summer of 2013.
The last run is a new record: 10 throws!  ;)

Some runs with 6 diabolos + New record

Toddyupa

Re: Some runs with 6 diabolos + New record
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 09:43:03 AM »
Incredible.

Although I found myself just watching the way you jumped. For some reason it amused me. I really don't know why ::)
pretentious 12 year old

nickbonnes

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 10:13:57 AM »
Awesome...Just awesome... O.o

dimensions

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 05:05:16 PM »
Oh dayum!
I don't even have 2 high solid ;)
Subscribe escapees6 on youtube it's me!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

Toddyupa

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 08:03:27 AM »
Only counting 9 on that last clip btw. Still heca awesome though :)
pretentious 12 year old

antho

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 10:01:17 AM »
You're counting wrong !

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 04:33:37 PM »

If you want to be really picky, it is only 4 since throws caught from your arms do not count, it is 4 catches but it is 9/10 throws, depending if you consider the first throw from the string as a throw.

anyway, that is a bit of technical stuff but it is not to say that you 'Only did 4 catches'. It is amazing and I hope you can run it for longer with time! Next I want to see you do 5 high to low :P

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 04:42:41 PM »
If you want to be really picky, it is only 4 since throws caught from your arms do not count

Who came up with this rule?

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 05:06:44 PM »
Who came up with this rule?

I am not certain that this is a rule but I do (or at least did) think so. Maybe I just heard people saying it as a joke but it does make sense, it is 4 catches from the string but 9 including the throws from the hand. Maybe I am getting confused because I thought that throws from another person into 4D low do not count as your own catch. Still, being able to throw 5 diabolos one after another perfectly like that is not an easy task by all means!

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 05:53:46 PM »
The way I see it, the person managed to get 6 diabolos in the air. Personally I don't particularly care how that person did it, but they did it. I'm not going to get picky about whether they tossed 5 of them with their hand (which is still bat**** crazy cool) or whether someone threw them up for them.

I say 9 catches/10 throws/whateveritscool

Mediaboy13

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 02:50:37 AM »
Last run is 9 catches! Excellent work, very soon it will become cleaner and cleaner (possibly even a 7D high attempt if you can hold that many diabolos  :P )!

The way I see it, the person managed to get 6 diabolos in the air. Personally I don't particularly care how that person did it, but they did it. I'm not going to get picky about whether they tossed 5 of them with their hand (which is still bat**** crazy cool) or whether someone threw them up for them.

I say 9 catches/10 throws/whateveritscool

I agree with this, it's about catches not throws, all the throws from the arm go similar height to the diabolos thrown from the string anyway!  ;)

-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Pieter

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 06:56:57 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys! ;)

And this is the way I see it:
I think that you have to see the tosses like something that a lot more people can do (just throwing 5 diabolos by hand in the air..), the difficulty is to catch them again on the string.. so i think that's why we count the throws of the tossed diabolos as well... sounds that plausible?
why I think it are 10 throws: if we would count a flash, it seems logic to me, you just have to threw 6 diabolos. this means the one that's already in the string and then the other 5 you tossed up... (it would be strange if we don't count the throw out of the string, because otherwise you should catch a diabolo which you already have thrown up to qualify a flash...) If you would speak about catches a flash would be only 5 catches, so it is more clear if we speak about throws, a flash is 6 throws! So the last run was 10 throws and 9 catches... :)
To qualify (and not just flash) 6 diabolos, I have to throw 6 times after the start, which means the 6 diabolos I already have thrown... (and in these video i threw 4 of them..)

I hope this makes it more clear for you! :-D

The Void

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 09:45:09 PM »
Never count throws. They are only half-achievements. Count catches. They complete the achievement.

And well done!
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

5p3ak

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2013, 12:44:05 PM »
Congrats and well done... I'm still working on my 3D...  ::)

Never count throws. They are only half-achievements. Count catches. They complete the achievement.

And well done!

But without throws there won't be catches will they ?  :o
Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai

Scharling

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2013, 09:12:19 PM »
How come this isn't frontpaged yet o.O?

Richard

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 02:31:53 AM »
BRILLIANT!!!  Please keep posting your progress :)

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2013, 12:34:33 PM »

And well done!

Here, have my thanks.

Graham Milligan

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2013, 02:14:08 PM »
who cares if he threw them or caught them and how many catches he did. did anyone else see he had 6 diabolos up there!? If your gonna poke holes in his achievement go ahead but at the end of the day he is the only one who can do it and the fact that those diabolos are up there is proof enough i need that its possible. so dont be dissing.
Some Craic!

The Void

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2013, 05:43:56 PM »

who cares if he threw them or caught them and how many catches he did.
Well, he does. He calls it his personal *record*. So the debate is about how this achievement should be *recorded*.
did anyone else see he had 6 diabolos up there!? If your gonna poke holes in his achievement go ahead but at the end of the day he is the only one who can do it and the fact that those diabolos are up there is proof enough i need that its possible. so dont be dissing.
I'm not sure if you are directing that at me amongst others, but I am certainly neither dissing nor poking holes. Like I said, "Well done".
And thx4thx, Norbi.
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal