Author Topic: Finesse Generation #2  (Read 73391 times)

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #160 on: September 23, 2005, 09:55:42 PM »

These are my pink finesses G2..

Matt_

• Donator
Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #161 on: September 23, 2005, 10:49:51 PM »
nice! that's very unique...you hardly see em around. they're so bright :shock:

ScottMcG

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #162 on: September 23, 2005, 10:50:27 PM »
just home!!!

got a yellow finesse today!!! only colour they had but i dont mind much
its taking a bit getting used to, but its deffinetly so much better

Valium

• Donator
Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #163 on: September 25, 2005, 05:42:10 PM »
Quote from: Ceri-Anne

PINK! :D

:D  :D  agree with you :D

Joe

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2005, 07:37:07 PM »
if got green and blue mixed cups YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Fire is fun

Mithew

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2005, 04:29:10 PM »
i was wondering, what are the finesse weight kits like? what exactly do they do (duh, they make the diabolo heavier), but why do people like that?
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

Chiok

• Donator
Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2005, 06:31:58 PM »
A Finesse for a standard 5in (135mm actually) diabolo is quite light at 245g, almost the same weight as a Henrys' Jazz and lighter than a Henrys' Beach.  The weight kits bridge the gap so you can take the advantages of the Finesse but remove the disadvantage of it's lightness.  Some people like this lightness, personally it annoys the hell out of me.  Having a heavier diabolo means the string has more "bite" around the axle especially when wrapped.  You could in theory get more control out of it in this way and a better response.

I'm gonna change to Circuses sometime and I'll probably never change back.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Matt_

• Donator
Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2005, 07:55:06 PM »
more weight also equals more inertia...

but i dunno, i like the lightweight, im planning on getting lightweight kits for the circus that bring it down to 250-260 grams...

Mithew

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #168 on: October 30, 2005, 01:23:21 PM »
Quote from: Matt_
more weight also equals more inertia...

but i dunno, i like the lightweight, im planning on getting lightweight kits for the circus that bring it down to 250-260 grams...

sorry about this...but how do the lightweight kits work???
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

Valium

• Donator
Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2005, 01:43:06 PM »
metal hub is replaced with a teflon hub which is lighter (I think he meant this)

Sean

• Administrator
Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #170 on: October 30, 2005, 04:24:56 PM »
Quote from: Valium
metal hub is replaced with a teflon hub which is lighter (I think he meant this)

and some of the kits also replace the nuts, bolts, and washers with lighter materials

stroevey

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2006, 06:52:04 AM »
hey guys,
iwas wondering if anyone knows a website where you can buy finesse g2's if so please tell, im interested in buying one.
thanks
Diabolo, is art.
Art is beautiful
Beautiful is diabolo

Squiggle

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #172 on: February 19, 2006, 07:44:10 AM »

TD Moses

Bearing
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2006, 07:38:31 PM »
I heard like a long time ago that there was going to be a bearing kit for the G2 that was suppose to come out in 2005 but I've never seen it.  Anyone know anything about it?
Laters...
Jeremy

Arjan

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2006, 10:48:30 PM »
It has been delayed for ages due to production problems. God knows when or if it will ever be released. Don`t count on it, better of buying some already bearing diabolos.

_Rezi

Re: Bearing
« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2006, 08:18:00 PM »
Thats right but anyway I realy dont recomend the bearing diabolos of any type to anybody because it realy spoil everybodys style. And if you use to use it you have a problems than to work with normal axel diabolo. And you can trust me that you can do more and beter tricks with normal axel. So there is no reason to use it.

TyeTye

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #176 on: February 22, 2006, 09:45:29 PM »
You know... I gotta jump to the defense of the ball-bearing axels...
Cause I think discouraging people from trying a new addition to an already great prop isn't fair to the prop :)  Variety is the spice, no?

I do understand.. and respect your viewpoint _rezi but, I respectfully disagree...

Ball bearing axels are still relatively new to the scene of diabolo, and with anything new.. i think they get a lot of un-due hate... because some of the "older style diaboloers" think of it as foreign/strange/cheating.  

Putting aside the foreign/strange/cheating prejudice debate....

You can do... not necissarily more, but Different moves, than you can with the solid axel.

To me:

The axel allows you to do more things in a row... without needing to spend time re-accel'ing.  More time doing things.. not orbiting.

Ball bearing axel makes excalibur 100% more efficient, because of the nature of excalibur, it's always slowing down the axel... and with ball bearings.. it does it less...  hence longer trick times, without having to re-wrap and idle-whip it....

Bearing axel allows you to do moves in directions you can't with a solid axel.. (aka.. against the spin of the axel)  These could lead to different looking/schools of tricks.. that arn't readily accessable in the solid axel world, due to the construction....

I was brought into the diabolo world with a yoho superspin... and still use one to this day... I also use my 2 finesse g2's just as much as the superspins...  as, in my head... They can do different things.  So don't necissarily discriminate....  Buy one, or try your friends... (when/if the bearing kit comes out)... make the decision for yourself...  

Open Mindedness is my plea! (gets off soap-box)

(I hope i didn't offend any of the "solid axel die-hards" because my intention was to not offend..)

I think finesses coming out with ball bearing axels will be a wonderful thing.. and may tip the scales to the babache side, away from henry. (except for their godly yellow string enchanted with +5 to all diabolo skills)  :)

Also, are there any rumors or any indication of g3's being worked on? Or is that still too far in the future?

Tye

Chiok

• Donator
Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2006, 11:09:08 AM »
I personally don't think that MB will bring out the Evo 3 for the Finesse, despite already having given it a product number without having the product (deary me, that's what development numbers are for).  I'd say more likely that MB would produce a new diabolo with a bearing axle already attached.

As for the Generation 3... I have no idea.  Does seem a lil far away, taking into account how long stuff takes to work it's way through the ranks of Babache.  But really, what would you change about the G2?  I'm going for different cup material.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Nogbad

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #178 on: March 31, 2006, 07:40:23 PM »
Is there a US distributor of Finesses?  Or more to the point, a US based website that sells them?  If so, what is it?
Reggie

TyeTye

Finesse Generation #2
« Reply #179 on: March 31, 2006, 07:46:49 PM »
firetoys can ship to the u.s.
higgins brothers sells em... www.higginsbrothers.com
www.jugglingstore.com
dube.com sells em too.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal