Author Topic: My continuous mini genocide is getting wrapped up. PLEASE HELP!  (Read 4999 times)

movieman12341

My continuous mini genocide is getting wrapped up. PLEASE HELP!
« on: January 04, 2014, 04:26:38 AM »
Hi There. I got the Planet Diabolo dvd set and am trying to do the continuous mini genocide #1 that Yoona Muistola does. I can do it but the string keeps unwrapping the wrong way. Instead of the diabolo jumping up in the air, it just gets tangled up. I have tried EVERYTHING that I can think of. Please watch the video of me doing it and tell me what I am doing wrong. This is getting very irritating. Thank so much!!!

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49D9nfAF6Hg

5p3ak

Re: My continuous mini genocide is getting wrapped up. PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 07:16:27 AM »
I believe the string is wraped in the wrong way?
Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai

visjes112

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 07:37:12 AM »
You have to make sure that the stick goes on the outside of the other string, so not before the string (that's closest to yourself) but after the string (that's further away from yourself). I hope you understand, I don't know a really good way to explain it well... The beginning of your trick looks good though !

dimensions

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 09:34:29 AM »
Are you using bearings?
Subscribe escapees6 on youtube it's me!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/escapees6

movieman12341

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 03:46:34 PM »
Hi. I already realize what is going wrong, just like you guys said. the stick needs to go around the side that is farthest away from me. I just don't know HOW to correct it. If you look closely, the stick seems to go around at a diagonal angle. perhaps this is why it keeps going around the wrong way? I clearly don't know how to CONTROL IT. What do I do?

Thanks!!! 

mo3

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 04:10:55 PM »
try pulling the string towards yourself when unwrapping, if this doesn't help or you already pull it back, try holding your left hand closer to your body while unwrapping, not away from you! :)

cyrus0135

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 11:53:50 PM »
Are you going out of a wrap or from backside? I had a similar problem with mine and going from backside fixed it.

movieman12341

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 12:03:42 AM »
Hi. I guess I go from a wrap. Watch the video to see what kind of thing I do. I don't know how to do this trick from backside. Also, when y'all said to keep my left hand closer to my body, do you mean closer DOWN or TOWARDS ME? If I hold more DOWN, the stick gets to close to the ground and hits the floor.

Thanks!

cyrus0135

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 09:21:01 PM »
Ok ya you want to go from backside instead

movieman12341

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 05:26:48 PM »
I have been practicing over the next couple days. If I yank the string towards me at the last second, I can kinda get it right. It is still very hard to get it to unwrap right. I will practice from backside and see if that helps.

Thanks

Icebox

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 06:24:56 PM »
I would say pull your right elbow in towards your body more, in my experience having your elbow away from your body brings the stick towards your body whereas the tighter the elbow is to your side the more likely the stick is to pass on the outside of the string.

At least that's what it looks like from the video you posted - it looked to me like your right forearm was almost parallel to the ground and that causes the stick to pass on the inside of the string.

movieman12341

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 03:51:08 PM »
Hi:
Over the last couple of days I have tried all you guy's suggestions. Unfortunately, none of them work. I have tried from backside, keeping my arms tucked in closer to my body, and pulling the string towards me at the last second while the stick is going around. What should I do? Should I put another video from a better angle and film my updated attempts?

Thanks so much!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal