Author Topic: 2d Mills Mess  (Read 8250 times)

martijn

2d Mills Mess
« on: December 02, 2004, 07:13:40 PM »
Quote from: norbi
As for low i guess it would include a lot of stalls like the 2 diab version in one of Donald Grant's books.

A 2diabolo Mills Mess?? I never saw it before! Does someone has a video or something of it? I heard about it, but never believed it though... :P

seán_

2d Mills Mess
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 07:34:34 PM »
I haven't  got a clip of it but I think Matt_H can do it.

There is a description in Donald Grants 'Totally Diabolical'
basically its
pop one diabolo up.
Cross arm trap (diagrams show cross stick trap)
Pop the free diabolo up
un-cross arms to throw the second diabolo (not to high)
catch first diabolo, cross arms over the other way to put it in a stick trap.
catch other diabolo.

Until I checked the book I thought the 2D Mills Mess was an arm trap, throw, sun diabolo to arm trap on the other side then throw and sun back to arm trap, then exit but I can see why the version in the book would be seen as closer to a mills mess.

Seán_

Arjan

2d Mills Mess
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 07:36:26 PM »
Intresting... does someone have a movie of this trick? I heard someone did it at the EJC. I`m very curious!!

norbi

• VotW Contributor
2d Mills Mess
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 11:02:30 PM »
Last time i tried to learn it i wasnt very good. Maybe i'll have a go 2moro. It seems that it is a trick that was written about but then no-one actually bothered learning it.

barnesy

• Administrator
2d Mills Mess
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 11:47:49 PM »
I've seen a few people do something that looks good, and is along the right sort of lines, but I've not seen a trick I'd think of as 'definitive'.  

I just had a pop at a reach over stick trap on the right hand side, and couldn't quickly sort out the other diabolo (I blame the wine :) ).  It does seem doable though.  But that would involve one static diabolo and another doing alternate sticktraps.  It'd be nice to get both leaving the string.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
2d Mills Mess
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 10:18:36 AM »
They do both leave the string. After hopping up from a cross stick trap you open the string, throw that one and catch the aeriel one, then catch the new aeriel one in a cross stick trap the other side. get it?

murifri

2d Mills Mess
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 10:30:18 AM »
Theres a trick on diabolumberto's category Diabolo EJC video at about 1:12 that has some interesting underarm moves that looks like it could be continued to something that would look like mills mess.  It might be a bit hard but I'm going to give it a go.

Arjan

2d Mills Mess
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 10:38:00 AM »
Yeah I know what ypu mean, but I doubt if it could be done continiously. Martin is the guy doing it... Isn`t he here on this forum?

martijn

2d Mills Mess
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 10:53:23 PM »
I want a video!!  :P  please? :wink:

Marc

• VotW Contributor
2d Mills Mess
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2005, 06:33:44 PM »
2d Mills Mess :shock:  what dose it look like could someone make a vid plz

Pete

• VotW Contributor
2d Mills Mess
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2005, 09:57:09 AM »
Wait a minute surely this can't work.
I've been trying it for a few days, just messing around and i can do it when i cross my right arm over the left but when you do the left arm over the right they crash because the diab that stayed on the string has a half twist so the direction of the spin pushes it into the other diabolo.  
Can't be done (or at least not like that)
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal