Author Topic: knot stealing  (Read 9079 times)

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
knot stealing
« on: October 27, 2005, 08:04:58 PM »
how do you do the knot steal in two loose in toloose that JiBe does in the beginning.  He does a sprinkler, then double sprinkler, exit to fan to the knot steal.  How do you do that?  the knot stealing part.

garner

• VotW Contributor
knot stealing
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 10:18:53 PM »
watch diabology my friend and all shall be revealed. or i could explain but i'd rather i didn't have to as i'm feeling lazy today

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
knot stealing
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 11:26:25 PM »
the sad thing is... I don't have diabology  :( :(  I watched two loose in tolouse online  please explain!!!

seán_

knot stealing
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 12:07:53 AM »
I'm a bit tired but I think I know which transfer it is.

Its the one I find second easiest (after vortex). To do it from a shuffle choose a diabolo, BW (dont unwrap) and allow it to climb up towards the left hand as the free diabolo shuffles over it.

The next bit is meant to be quite flowy but you can do it quite slowly

the diabolo without the wrap needs to be scooped up clockwise around and behind* the wrapped diabolo which will steal the knot from the wrapped diabolo (so you will have a backwrap on the diabolo that was free but you might find that you automatically removed this wrap so you are shuffling again)

I dont know if its an giving or taking or external or internal, I'm sure someone else will know that.

Maybe read the thread on late BW exits in the vortex and transfers section, I think it touches on it other than that get diabology, It has a lovely section on transfers.

Hope that didn't do more harm than good
Sean_

* in so far that a vortex the wrapped diabolo goes anticlockwise and in front of the unwrapped diabolo

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
knot stealing
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 12:57:32 AM »
Yeah I was playing around with an idea similar to that trying to do transfers.  I did the wrap and let it climb up on the left but I put it into an arm stall and did the "vortex" motion with it and did it over and over again.  I guess I was pretty close.  but you swing with your right hand (for righties) right?

seán_

knot stealing
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 01:02:51 AM »
dont let it get to an armstall, if you get the speed etc right you can get it climb just a bit up the string giving you room to get the other diabolo around. then its the right hand that does the work. When you get the feel you can get it more flowy.

Good luck

James

knot stealing
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 09:31:21 AM »
Just to clarify, when you say "scooped up clockwise around and behind", does behind mean pull the diabolo towards you or away from you?

Sorry if it's a silly question... I just never understood which side is the front and which side is the back in a 2 diabolo shuffle ;)
Step 1 - Download mIRC (http://www.mirc.com)
Step 2 - Connect to server irc.quakenet.org
Step 3 - Join channel #diabolo.ca

Elmeri

• VotW Contributor
knot stealing
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 10:23:16 AM »
Same technique I used in the thread about open late back wraps....
I believe here is a vid still... www.kolumbus.fi/diabolo/OLBW.wmv

and thread http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=247

BTW I allmost got 3d 2d knot steal 2 days ago

I hope that vid is still on my server I cant acces it now cause I live in france and by passwords and stuff are in finland...

Hope that helps someone

EDIT: Crap... Vid is not online..; And I dont have it here... I could make another if someone needs...

nev

• Donator
knot stealing
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 10:32:24 AM »
Quote from: James
Just to clarify, when you say "scooped up clockwise around and behind", does behind mean pull the diabolo towards you or away from you?

Towards you i.e. the right unwraped diabolo (assuming right handed) should go towards you (or behind the other diabolo) - I think of it as an inside clockwise sun with the right one in between the wraped left diabolo and your body.  This will unwrap the left and put the wrap on the right (or if you sun it further and over your right stick as well will effectively unwrap again into the open shuffle).

I believe its officially an internal taking transfer.

ps if you dont unwap the right one as above you can carry on doing them - just let it pass under (still wrapped) the left will hop across then knot steal again, let pass under, knot steal, let pass under etc (until i find one eventually tilts).

edit - Elmeri - Here it is again temporarily (hope you dont mind)

http://mynci200.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/diabolo/OLBW.wmv
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

James

knot stealing
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 12:09:02 PM »
Quote from: mynci
Towards you i.e. the right unwraped diabolo (assuming right handed) should go towards you (or behind the other diabolo) - I think of it as an inside clockwise sun with the right one in between the wraped left diabolo and your body.  This will unwrap the left and put the wrap on the right (or if you sun it further and over your right stick as well will effectively unwrap again into the open shuffle).

Thanks, I understand completely now  :D
Step 1 - Download mIRC (http://www.mirc.com)
Step 2 - Connect to server irc.quakenet.org
Step 3 - Join channel #diabolo.ca

Mithew

knot stealing
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 09:39:25 PM »
i kindof have knot stealing, but when i do it, the diabolo thats given a wrap tends to climb the string really fast, which makes it awkward to get the second diabolo around it, is this because i'm simply doing it too slowly???
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

seán_

knot stealing
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2005, 10:15:24 PM »
try slower spinning diabolos for the moment, then play about with the motion and position of your hands and the speed of the whole thing

Mithew

knot stealing
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2005, 03:25:18 AM »
thanks, i tried that, and i'm up to six in a row.  I found out, part of my problem was that when i pulled the diabolo around, it was really far away from the wrapped diabolo, and was getting it to tilt.  Now that i'm keeping them more in line, its working a lot better.
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal