Author Topic: Painting Finesse's  (Read 4174 times)

Ruff

Painting Finesse's
« on: November 07, 2005, 03:45:24 PM »
As i cant find a black finesse anywhere i wanted to paint one half of it black , the problem is as the hubs are a type of rubber some kinds of paint on it would look bad,  so i wondering if anyone has ever painted there finesse / diabolo and if so what paint to use to make it look .....good

-------

i just asked my mother, and then she made the good point that the paint will chip, and suggested that i use a permenet marker.....

Chiok

• Donator
Painting Finesse's
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 04:54:57 PM »
And a permanent marker, despite the name, will bleed and not hold on the material.  There was a post on here a while ago about "dying" Circus and Viper Yoyo hubs using soft and hard masks to create some quite awesome designs.  You'll have to search through the forum for that post about dying a circus.  But it appeared to work quite well.  Not so sure if it would work as well on a Finesse unfortunately.  Circuses are made of Rextan, don't know what a Finesse is.

Chiok
(there's also the issue that a black diabolo does look like it's made out of plungers)
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Spooned

Painting Finesse's
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 05:32:51 PM »
Chiok, is this what you mean?

I remeber it from a while back, did anyone actually go ahead and do it?
Diabolo or Diablo

garner

• VotW Contributor
Painting Finesse's
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 06:14:00 PM »
i remember  that but i didn't do it because i was scared of ruining my nice finnesse's

Matt_

• Donator
Painting Finesse's
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 07:22:36 PM »
well, i'd suggest using dye, and you should use white ones as well.

there is a dye that is used to dye car dashboards (i.e. to convert from a grey dash to a black dash....dont ask) but i cant remember what it's called. maybe that's a good enough lead for you  :?

Chiok

• Donator
Painting Finesse's
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 09:01:53 AM »
Quote from: Spooned
Chiok, is this what you mean?
That's the dilly pickle indeed, thanks for finding that.  Everyone is scared of ruining their equipment, especially when it's £25 / US$40 / AUS$50 a pop if it goes wrong.  But someone has to be the first.

As Matt_ said, if you can use and elusive white diabolo, you'll get the best effects, but an equally light colour will work as well.  If anyone does decide to try it and it works, I feel a bling mod scene in the Finesse world will spring up with decals, two-tone paint jobs, spinner hubs, LED attachments, oh wait...  

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Ruff

Painting Finesse's
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 09:25:40 AM »
I will try it you know, i feel its my need!

I will post the rsults when i have done it.

eplea

re:
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2005, 12:33:31 AM »
Dye is not a permanent solution.  With play it will eventually wear.

mitchelljuggles

Painting Finesse's
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 06:11:01 AM »
Sorry for a late reply on this topic but...

I have just finnished up a season where i had to somehow black out the inside of one of my cups.  I tryed paint, perm marker - all unsucsessfull. however a brand new permanat marker touched up every day worked for my pourpose. I also put gaffer tape inside - being carefull of the weight, and that worked also.  

Mitchell

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal