Author Topic: Alex Zebrowski Performance  (Read 5051 times)

juggleBG

Alex Zebrowski Performance
« on: November 09, 2005, 12:10:57 AM »
http://www.jugglethis.net/filemgmt/singlefile.php?lid=325

This is a performance from this past Saturday (the fifth) or Alex Zebrowski.  The vid is from the open stage of the St. Ignatius, Rubber City Ulitmate Symposium (S.I.R.C.U.S) in Cleveland.  I was really impressed with the quality of the routine (only one drop) and the style and flow of the tricks.  Its one and two diabolos.  Check it out!  Dude's been diaboloing for two years.

dynamaniac

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 02:17:56 AM »
really cool style and tricks
your 2d is super smooth

martijn

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 01:55:34 PM »
Yeh, it's smooth. The only part I didn't like was the music... :P I don't think it suits this diabolo performance. But the tricks were awesome, great to see your own style!

giesthory

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 02:00:36 PM »
good tricks !
www.giesthory.be => English version online !

Monregi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 06:08:11 PM »
I like the tricks.
It´s a pity that most of us instead of having an artistic diabolo performance,
we put music and we do the best tricks we can.
i´m not acussing anybody because i´ve been doing the same for a while, but i think that it´s something very important.

frank0072

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 07:53:51 PM »
I like the show, and I like the music even better I think.

The thing is, I have to do a show in a month, but I can't think of any cool combo's. It's for amateur public.
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 10:55:50 PM »
Quote from: Martijn
Yeh, it's smooth. The only part I didn't like was the music...

that's why i never watch diabolo videos with music anymore unless it's from the MFP..i just hit mute and play something in winamp ;)

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 09:08:40 AM »
Now I'm somewhat of the opposite.  Watching videos people have made and put music too allow more people to encounter it.  I've heard some quite good songs from videos and I think it makes a video so much more watchable.  My favourite video/song montage of late is still the Bertrand and Dai - Feel Good Inc video.  That Gorrilaz song goes really well.  If you saw the CD in my car at the moment, you'd see alot of the songs came from juggling videos  :oops:

As for the performance, yeah celtic music isn't my thing, but the moves were tight.  Not so much as a drop as a big tangle, but you had a contigency of a completely new set.  Be hard pressed to find someone that does sprinklers as solid as you (nice to see only a small spattering of them ;-) ).

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

juggleBG

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 01:29:02 AM »
On the topic of the music, I was very happy to hear a unique selection.  It seems that teenagers doing juggling acts tend to pick a pop hit or their favorite song.  Alex certainly did neither, and in my opinion, he did it to great effect.

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005, 09:23:43 AM »
Quote from: Chiok
My favourite video/song montage of late is still the Bertrand and Dai - Feel Good Inc video.

that's true, but also, i've been a gorillaz fan for years and i bought that CD the first day it came out, so it was old news when i heard that song ;) i've heard a lot of the songs that people have that i actually like, for example Nirvana or something. but the MFP always comes back to surprise me with unique tracks. i always check to see if the music is ok..but i usually continue on with my own music.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal