Author Topic: Silly pickup  (Read 17453 times)

norbi

• VotW Contributor
Silly pickup
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2005, 10:57:26 AM »
Quote from: Sharpes
it was a joke

i have to admit, you got me. I imagine you also have a whole bunch of people trying it now, nice one.

Chiok

• Donator
Silly pickup
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2005, 01:00:58 PM »
Well, I wasn't gonna put it past your abilities to do it.  Guess I was lead along by the nose.  See, and then I thought you were brilliant  :wink:.  

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Ifrit

Silly pickup
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2005, 01:15:50 PM »
At home I either bend over an pick it up, use a quick start such as in teasing the string under the far cup (no foot work) but sometimes I do use the roll onto the string with my foot start.  :roll:

I don’t do shows but if I want to look impressive in public i use the wrap start to whip duicide. So cheesy even McDonalds want touch it for fear of a law suit. :lol:

:idea: Also for the last few months I’ve been working on a heel flip start to whip. You know like in football (real football that is not a pussy version of rugby). It does look great but there’s only really a 33.333 chance of pulling it off.
I’m planning on entering it as a trick of the week but if any of you have done/seen someone doing it then i want bother.
 :?:

Will^

Silly pickup
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2005, 05:15:21 PM »
I usually stand to the side of it, and flick it up with my shoe, then whipcatch it. If you do it right you can get it spinning. I've also managed a 2d start with the same method a few times. It's pretty much the same as the "anti quick-start" but with your foot not your hand :)

JonnyG

Re: Silly pickup
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2005, 09:12:42 PM »
Quote from: el_grimley
For the last couple of years I have been picking up the hub of the diabolo between my big toe and the one next to it. Which if you lift you foot up behind your other leg come right to your hand.*

Though people might like that save keep bending over all the time.

Graham
*Nb this does not work if you are wearing shoes :P

Have you ever tried grinding the diabolo there?

4leek24

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2009, 05:10:07 AM »
does anyone actually do foot kickups now? its been 4 years, im sure someone does it now. i just kick the diabolo under the axel and pull my foot back to give it spin.

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2009, 01:56:23 PM »

wgm

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 04:28:38 PM »
The finesses were engineered with that lip on the cup so you could kick them up... does anyone actually do that? ...consistently?

I do that all the time
even in shows to pick up the 2nd diabolo after i finish 1d (looks better than bending over)

Arjan

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2009, 04:41:59 PM »
does anyone actually do foot kickups now? its been 4 years, im sure someone does it now. i just kick the diabolo under the axel and pull my foot back to give it spin.

It has been 4 years since what? In no way is my kick up a silly one btw.

4leek24

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2009, 11:56:12 PM »
It has been 4 years since what? In no way is my kick up a silly one btw.
4 years since the last post.

Richard

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2009, 09:22:12 PM »
Very nice!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal