Author Topic: Typhoon advert with Tony Frebourg  (Read 8234 times)

Funty

• Donator
Typhoon advert with Tony Frebourg
« on: March 06, 2014, 06:01:33 PM »

AznnBoyaZ

Re: Typhoon advert with Tony Frebourg
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 08:27:24 PM »
Holy Christ. That was a fantastic watch. His High is so fluid, fantastic

maxx9r

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 10:25:45 PM »
looks good , but this is not just object manipulation ;) its also mind manipulation in a form of advertising oO .... i personally dont like this kind of evolution.... we should stay free :P companies shouldnt abuse players for selling their products like this.... but i think thats the future.... it  starts to destroy the "thing" i always loved in the diabolo scene..... but yeah mayb thats just me ? i really want to know what the others of you are thinking about that ?
SICK WIT IT !!!

AznnBoyaZ

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 10:48:42 PM »
Well, Perhaps he loved their diabolos, and they noticed him loving them and asked him to join an help promote them?
He gets cheap to free diabolos, and earns money, and gets to do what he loves, as well as the company earning money.
Win win right? :)

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 03:20:10 AM »
Its not like this is a new thing for the forum. For example: http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=2923.msg35073#msg35073

maxx9r

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 07:10:23 AM »
i think introducing diabolos isnt a problem.... but selling strategies end up in a dirty business  ;)
SICK WIT IT !!!

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 10:26:51 AM »
This is just brilliant! I won't tell too much, but I am also working on a video possibly similar in kind to this, with a professional cinematographer.

Promotion videos have always been around. The whole Mad French Posse and Diabology was sponsored by Mr. Babache, alot of people are sponsored by Epic Diabolos and if you want to conquer some ground on the market, you need some experienced diaboloists to properly test your gear and demonstrate it.

We get to test new gear, and you guys get to watch some epic videos. I don't see the downside?

-Tipper
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

maxx9r

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 11:04:19 AM »
in my opinion there is a difference between introducing stuff and capitalism advertising
SICK WIT IT !!!

maxx9r

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 11:41:18 AM »
but yeah we will see, if tony will perform with those typhoons in the future or not...... get the sense ? if not , its probably just money....
SICK WIT IT !!!

Richard

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 01:03:33 PM »
Hey Maxx,

I totally understand where you're coming from but for guys like Tony, diabolo is their career.

They make their living from selling themselves as a product. It puts money on the table to support a family and pay for bills.

In an ideal world we could do away with the need for money and diabolo would only be an art form only but unfortunately that's not the case.

This is just my perspective tho :)

Epic video - great to see Tony ripping up the the skills!!

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 04:24:44 PM »
Here's a pleasent video from me and Matt:

Matt & Ronnie - More than meets The Eye

It was filmed a couple months back so don't expect and revolutionary 4D tricks from me, those will come later ;)

As for this whole advertising business, there is no other reason for doing this apart from the fact that I like this diabolo. It is not my favourite diabolo but this is a great quality product that is capable of numbers diabolo and I tried to demonstrate that. The filming was a blast, as are the diabolos. I want these diabolos to succeed so I agreed to make this video, that's it from me.

maxx9r

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2014, 10:02:56 AM »
yeah richard, i can understand, but i guess he earns a lot of money with performances ? but yeah, i also guess there are reasons for him doing that.... i just posted to make people think about such things.... however, 2 days later i can live with it :) 
SICK WIT IT !!!

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 07:44:48 PM »
Times must be hard for old Frebourg to be dipping in to Oddballs wallet. Good on him, nothing like selling your soul for a quick fix. I should know.

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 05:39:46 PM »
anyone tried Thypoon diabolos? I read the description, but for me look to light for practice things like 3d high or 4d high outside. maybe for 1d tricks...

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 10:00:57 PM »
anyone tried Thypoon diabolos? I read the description, but for me look to light for practice things like 3d high or 4d high outside. maybe for 1d tricks...

They are a bit too light to play advanced high diabolo outside, but I mostly practice indoors so it's not that big of a deal. For 1, 2 and 3 low they play really well both outside and inside.. (my 4 low isn't good enough yet for me to give a qualified answer to that).

-Tipper
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal