Author Topic: What do you wish you'd learned earlier?  (Read 15356 times)

Not Skilled Yet

Re: What do you wish you'd learned earlier?
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 12:27:27 AM »
The in front and behind the legs sun, it's not that hard, but I only learned it a few weeks ago.
fluffy kitty

ADubhlaoich

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 10:53:36 PM »
The in front and behind the legs sun, it's not that hard, but I only learned it a few weeks ago.

Is that the through the legs variation? I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.
One of the Irish people lurking about.

CASERocks

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2014, 04:46:54 AM »
You know how you can get into 2D Sprinkler two ways: External wrap (the "easy" sprinkler) and internal wrap?  The internal wrapped sprinkler took forever to figure out.

Also, the 2D C-Fan.  Learned that about 7 years after picking up diabolo!

Richard

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2014, 03:27:00 AM »
Meditation - since practicing it daily, my diabolo learning has accelerated and I'm enjoying practice sessions much more.

Timo

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2014, 08:26:54 AM »
Meditation - since practicing it daily, my diabolo learning has accelerated and I'm enjoying practice sessions much more.
With meditation?

Richard

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2014, 03:05:46 AM »
With meditation?

Mindfulness. I started with listening to an MP3 I bought, however I'm sure there's dozens of guided meditations on YouTube.

It's really helped my concentration and overall enjoyment of diabolo. I find that I get much less frustrated when things don't work. And I make my mind relaxed while practicing hard tricks, which is MUCH better for learning :)

Very simple to practice, however extremely hard to keep up the routine because it doesn't give you any immediate gratification.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal