Author Topic: Different excalibur/vertax entries  (Read 13695 times)

William

• VotW Contributor
Different excalibur/vertax entries
« on: November 23, 2005, 05:23:59 AM »
Hello :)
Has anyone else tryed enterin excalibur from loop acceleration? I can and a friend of mine can it works well and I was thinking about other ways of gettin into excalibur? does anyone have ideas?
William
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

James

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 08:11:24 AM »
I can get pretty close to excalibur (a few degrees off) with loop acceleration, but I only use loop acceleration becuase the diabolo tilts away from me instead of towards me when I do chinese whips :(
Step 1 - Download mIRC (http://www.mirc.com)
Step 2 - Connect to server irc.quakenet.org
Step 3 - Join channel #diabolo.ca

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 08:30:54 AM »
There´s the start where you spin it around the neck from the waist like the guy from Trespace (don´t know his name) does. Its a little tricky at first but it´s a cool way to enter.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 08:53:34 AM »
Vux (of The Mad French Posse) is somewhat of a don at Vertax and enters from loop acceleration in his videos.  Always has for the past few years, a few chinese whips in there for correction perhaps.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 03:41:33 PM »
When i want to get into excalibur quickly i just throw it into the string sideways. Its hard to explain. Its really simple but hard to say in words. I just put the dabolo on the string and throw it sideways and then go straight into chinese whips. You need to spin it when you throw it from your hand. Hope this makes sense.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

nicoli

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 05:07:14 PM »
is there any way of coming back from vertax to normal diabolo? in all the vertax ive seen, people go in then keep going till they drop it

Mattias

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 05:21:03 PM »
Instead of lifting your less dominant hand and rub the dominant side of the string on the cup closer to you, just keep your hands in level and start rubbing the further cup(the one closest to the sky :)). This should get it down, even though if it has rotated X degrees towards your less dominant side when it is in regular spinning mode. Hope it helped.
Good Luck!
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

mrpink

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 05:54:50 PM »
If you have a henry beach klying around doing no good there is a cool trick you can do with it.
grind on left stick and tilt backwards, put the rigth stick in the midle of the cup  and lift. The diabolo will rise and spin on top of the stick, then toss it ino the air and enter the excalibur however you like...
This trick only works because of the plastic rings inside the  henry beach s cups...

Mattias

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 06:15:05 PM »
Hi Joakim!
Yeah, that is a neat entry, but it can be done with other diabolos, maybe not as smooth but it is possible, did it with circus and wooden sticks this summer, dunno with other sticks or finnesse though...

Oh well, nice to see you a bit active atleast :D

Great idea with the Just Learnt Too... thread, it is running along great :)
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Martijn

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 06:31:11 PM »
And ofcourse we have the Antonin wrap-up start... (can't explain in words, sorry)

Mattias

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 07:02:04 PM »
Quote from: Martijn
And ofcourse we have the Antonin wrap-up start... (can't explain in words, sorry)

Okey, sorry I asked, I just tried it now by myself and figured it out. I'll edit this to somewhat of a explanation, and hope someone find it useful.

Okidoki:
Start with a right BW and do so the diabolo stands up on the floor (as in vertax).
See to it that the right stick is close to the axle.
Now fold the left side of the string once so it is double and the left stick also is close to the axle. Then take the doubled string and start twirling it. Do it really firm and tight. When it is fully wrapped up see to it that the "fake" wrap stay. Now just pull the stick rather quickly apart and then start whipping. TADA!
Note: I just have done it once in 3-4 tries in a timespan of 5 minutes. So there might be some trick to it that I did uncounciouly(haha spelling?). But I think the trick is that it should be tight and the sticks close to the axle.
There you(noone so far :D) go! :)
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 07:24:39 PM »
Umm Mattias - you do realize that it's FAR easier to just to make the diabolo 'catch' with a wrap on it while it's spinning. Let it wind up. Flip it over. Done.

(No, I didn't figure that out myself either... The Great Antonin himself showed me once. :D)

Mattias

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 10:20:38 PM »
Afraid I dont :(
Oh well, the taste is like the butt, split (that so doesnt work in english)

With the catch I guess you are talking about some sort of wrap up. Which I am bad at making at commando, and when I do get a wrap up, and I pull the sticks apart, just to untangle it, it tends to go in the wrong direction.

Oh and to correct my post. With twirling, i ment wrapping it around the top cup anti-clockwise. But everyone understood that right ;)

Thanks for the tip though Sean. I'll experiment with it some more when I learn how to do basic vertax suns  :oops:
Take Care!
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

seán_

excalibur/vertax exits
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2005, 01:15:42 AM »
Quote from: nicoli
is there any way of coming back from vertax to normal diabolo? in all the vertax ive seen, people go in then keep going till they drop it

Tempei grinds it back to normal, others do too. I move my hands so that it starts to tilt back the way it started.... ok thats a lie I let it end in a heap like loads of others do.

pretty sure I saw Tempei using a ufo grind throw it and go into vertax, very nice entry..

Ben

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2005, 07:23:19 AM »
one way i start is do an X grind and tilt the left stick so that the diabolo slowly tilts, when its almost in the correct position i toss it up catch it, correct for the small tilt and then its ready.

I’m shore other people have done this I just didn’t see it in the tread so far

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2005, 10:50:34 AM »
I sometimes use a Hand Launch. Throw the diabolo in the vertax plane straight at the string (which should be horizontaol between 2 sticks in the other hand) and start.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2005, 03:52:37 PM »
I just hthought. There might be so,e way in from a gyroflop. i haven't tried but my string just broke and i can't be bothered to put another one on now. Noy sure how it would work but it passes throw the vertax plane half way through the trick so it could be possible.

Mattias

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2005, 04:34:43 PM »
Gyroflop? Is that when you do a trapeze entry without throwing the diabolo up to the cradle, and then just put the string so it rubs the cup and the diabolo starts to tilt?
If so it works. Otherwise, the thing explained above is also an entry into vertax.
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

-noitbacarts-

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2005, 12:51:10 PM »
Here is a old video i made with diabolox with some original excalibur starts :
http://lejonglage.free.fr/download_videos.php?fichier=[1_diabolo]_excalibur.avi

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2005, 05:53:50 PM »
That was very good! How can you possibly carry on doing excalibur for that long without collapsing in a big heap from exhaustion.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal