Author Topic: Henrys string colour: Is there a difference?  (Read 25191 times)

paul.w92

The myth of henry's yellow string
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2007, 06:39:49 PM »
i seen alot of ppl using yellow string instead of say green is it true that yellow is better than the rest?

Sean

• Administrator
Re: Henrys string colour: Is there a difference?
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2007, 06:49:52 PM »
Hi Paul, I think your question is answered (about as well as it can be answered) in this ancient thread that I merged your post to. One of the first threads on the forum! Ahh... the memories. :)

paul.w92

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2007, 03:48:47 PM »
ok thanks sean i looked trought the first few pages of "gear" and there was nothing on this topic! but none the less this has answered a few of my questions the older has proved to be the wiser! so basically yellow is the same as orange and these are nocht above green

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2007, 02:25:16 AM »
I've had experience with yellow and green. I've found they play the same but green wears in quicker and lasts longer. But then again maybe its just because my favorite colour is green  ::)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

diabolosam

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 04:54:05 PM »
I recently bought some orange string but it has already snapped after less than two weeks of using it. Is this a normal length of time for the string to last? I had used the 'flecked white' henrys string and it lasted far longer.

seán_

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2007, 05:53:14 PM »
It depends why it snapped Sam, it usually is due to it wearing on a sharp edge (that might not have existed when using the original fleck) or because you are doing moves that twist the string a lot where it exits the stick.
If you are using your diabolo a lot 2 weeks is a long time with the same string in some cases, especially outdoor festivals, I'd be changing string at least once every day.
I'd say that before I started diaboloing properly string would last me months or even years but thats because I didnt know any better.

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2007, 12:51:48 PM »
No wonder i havent been liking my finesses cause there wrapping up, ive always been using white replacement, and white henrys.
Good thing i ordered some yellow =)

Bizzat1

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 02:34:38 PM »
I found that instead of soaping my new Henry's string i just learnt to do a double wrap start  :D

The_New_diaboloist

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2007, 12:16:48 AM »
I've decided to get the yellow string, partyl because of how amny people love it, partly because of my lack of money- I really need to get as much string as I can for cheap (but good quality).

My question is: Is there a difference between the "performance" and the "normal" Hernys yellow string? the performance is set ast a higher price so...

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2007, 12:30:18 PM »
If your getting the string off jugglingstore.com, the 10m, and 25m henrys yellow are actually not the same =/
But i dunno whats really better.

TomMiller

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2007, 01:44:49 PM »
I've decided to get the yellow string, partyl because of how amny people love it, partly because of my lack of money- I really need to get as much string as I can for cheap (but good quality).

My question is: Is there a difference between the "performance" and the "normal" Hernys yellow string? the performance is set ast a higher price so...
Performance is from mr babache,The other is henrys,Henrys has a core and Mr  Babache is coreless henrys i think is much better and cheaper
Its hard peeing in the dark becuase you dont know if it went in the toilet

Diabolo Aqquired/some time near the end of july/
2 Diabolo skill aqquirered/2007/9/16 14:44/
3 Diabolo skill aqquired/      /

(yes i coppyed Eric Moffetts sig)

Marijn

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2008, 05:48:17 PM »
BUMP! (since I think it fits here...)

I received some new Henry's yellow string today, but when I opened the package I was surprised. The string was yellow yet it also had the dark blue ''marks'' on it, also known from the ''white'' string. I've tried it for a good 2 minutes and it seems to play exactly like the usual yellow string.

Is this some kind of new string of Henry? The site I ordered from didn't mention any changes of the product.

EDIT: picture will explain it all :P
''I have been practising some basic 2d suicide stuff to widen my arse''

Ben.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2008, 06:50:38 PM »
AFAIK or as sean has told me, it is to distinguish henrys string to any others so you can go 'oh yes that amazing diabolist is using henrys string because of the marks!"
also according to sean all of the colours are the same. i have a roll of orange and it plays good.

thetemple94

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2008, 08:05:35 PM »
Necromancer.
Why Bother When You Can Diabolo?

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2008, 08:09:43 PM »
Necromancer.

Interesting answer to the question, to say the least. Care to elaborate?

JC

• Donator
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2008, 09:14:21 PM »
I found the same with my last order, the red string had also the marking
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2009, 02:09:03 PM »
Seeing as how the pic with the spotted string was posted here, has anyone else noticed a difference in quality from the old yellow to the new one? I don´t think they feel the same at all.

The new one doesn´t last half as long (for me at least, it snaps all the time), doesn´t stay in the "sweet spot" for as long and takes longer to wear in. Also, while the old type was still nice when worn and could be used for weeks this doesn´t feel as good from the beginning and it tangles too easily when it´s old. The old string tangled too when heavily used ofcourse but I never experienced it this much.

Is this just all my imagination (it could be :-|)? Compared to the old type the new string looks thinner at least so maybe that makes all the difference?

The markings are a bad idea, string is less visible now.

Good thing about the new string is it comes in bigger rolls of 70 m. Cheaper and better size. Now you just need to bring one roll for a convention.

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2009, 02:11:33 PM »
performance string lasts a lot shorter relative to henrys yellow because its thicker. its still pretty good string if you are willing to shell out more $$ for more replacements
can't believe its not butter

seán_

MikyITA

Strings...
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2010, 10:43:15 AM »
Hi guys , i know that it can be a stupid question but i do it anyway.Talking about Henrys strings, from colour to colour change also the string???I mean change only the colour or also the kind of string???
Please answer,
Michele

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal