Author Topic: Vortex to switch sprinkler (New trick idea)  (Read 3575 times)

looby

• Donator
Vortex to switch sprinkler (New trick idea)
« on: December 01, 2005, 08:43:17 PM »
I stumbled upon this by accident but I think it was a good fluke in the long run.

Basically, when you exit a long vortex the norm is to put a left/right backwrap on (depending on your dominant hand) and returning to your shuffle. I missed out the backwrap and instead put a LHFW (lefty) over the 2 diabolos which resulted in the switch sprinkler (since the diabolos are now travelling in the wrong direction due to the vortex) but collapsed instantly.  

Its a nice flowy movement into the sprinkler but the only way I can see it working is with immense speed which isn't my expert area unfortunately :wink: . If anyone gives it a go could you let me know so I know if it's a feasible trick or not. I can't see why it cant last a few revolutions with a good amount of speed but I'm yet to know.
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

the_don

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 08:54:37 PM »
I also has this problem/idea when i was learning vortex's. As you say it is possible but with enough speed and someone with a decent switch shuffle because thats what your coming out of the sprinkler into.

I think it collapses quickly because the diabolo's are spinning the opposite way to the direction the 'switch' sprinkler is turning if someone was able to do it it would have to be a very quick in and out of the sprinkler because of the rapid speed loss.

Good luck any one who seriously tries it.
"""______"""""""""
"""||}{|______"""
"""|""""|"""""""""""
"""|"""/""""""""""""
"""|""/"""""""""""""
""|}{|"""""""""""""

Flo

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 09:33:00 PM »
I think you can't solve the problem of the immediate collapse with much speed, because the more speed they have, the faster they do collapse i think! (due to the opposite direction)

Sparx

PS: Sry 4 bad english...
German Diabolo Forum: http://www.diabolotreff.de/

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 10:16:27 PM »
Yes more speed will actually amount in less revolutions. You need to know how a regular hyperloop works to understand that. I think one revolution will be possible with actually less speed, but then the diabolos would stop, so this trick probably isnt really possible. It happened to me a few tymes too when I learned the the vortex.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Arjan

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 10:39:29 PM »
Yes, I focussed on this for a very little time, use as less speed as you can.

Jester

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 06:58:55 AM »
I do reverse hyperloops, from a hyperloop stick grind u can throw the diabolo back and reverse the direction of the hyperloop.

the rotations come from the speed the diabolo is moving as it enters the hyperloop totally independent of the speed the diabolo is rotating

on a good try i can get 3 -4 revouloutions

so mabye if its from a vortex u just got chuck it really hard or something
do it, do it ,do it, DO IT!

fredo

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 10:28:47 PM »
But you can do another thing at the end: Just do what you did (going into this "wrong" sprinkler :D

but don't hit the string with your right diabolo; just guide it behind the string, this will cause a right wrap on the left diab, do a arm stall over the left arm, throw the dibolo in the right string up(one pop high) do a sun from left to right and catch the popped one.

this is one of my favourite combos

Try practsing with left sun to magic knot, not with a vortex, that is easier...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal