Author Topic: infinite sprinkler?  (Read 4515 times)

j0hn

infinite sprinkler?
« on: November 25, 2005, 11:17:22 AM »
is this possible?

this week i've been trying to get my head around infinite suicides, and sprinklers (thanks for the advice on sprinklers by the way, it was a speed thing). after playing around with left and right front wraps on the sprinklers, and then the same front wrap but for only 1d infinite suicide, i wondered - is an infinite sprinkler possible?

this is only theory as i don't have the skill to try this yet, but logic to me says that if you right front wrap 2d into a sprinkler, and then let go / push the left handstick around the diabolo as an infinite suicide, it should (possibly) work. every time you circled the diabolo with your right hand, you'd be re-wrapping the 2d into the sprinkler again. and then, suicide out to finish.

i'm sure any veterans will tell me there are a lot of holes in this, but just an idea!

Squiggle

infinite sprinkler?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 11:22:19 AM »
im pretty sure this wouldnt work but there has been a discussion on 2d infinite suicide. there might be something there your looking for . As u said the "Veterans" would know alot more  about the problems  with this trick .

Edit: sorry i orgot to  pput in the link sorry    http://www.diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=994&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Eduardo

infinite sprinkler?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 11:35:32 AM »
It's been thought and it's been done.
But it is not infinite, the diabolos will lose speed and collapse.
And the stick begins to fly around extremely fast making it very very hard (and dangerous) to catch.

Eduardo

Chiok

• Donator
infinite sprinkler?
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 12:21:35 PM »
I think you may mean Right Hand Backwrap, not front wrap, as I think you'd be hard pushed to circle around the diabolos with a stick flying inbetween you and the diabolos.

As squiggle said, it's more of a 2D infinite suicide than a 2D infinite sprinkler.  But yeah, it's been tried but falls apart too quickly because the diabolos spin one way, but they rotate the other way around each other so there's no happy medium that won't either
a) - lose all spin on the diabolos
b) - cause your shuffle to collapse

It's a worthy idea if you came up with it yourself.  You're going along the right lines to come up with some mental tricks.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Pete

• VotW Contributor
infinite sprinkler?
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 03:59:50 PM »
I used to mess around doing this. You need an inasane amount of spin. I managed to get 5 rotations of the flying stick. The same way you would do a quintuple sprinkler suicide out but letting go of the stick after the second.

There is one other possible way of doing a 2d infinite suicide but again its not really very infinite. Double or triple antisuicide. I think triple might be possible but the diabolo on the stick would run out of spin, but that wouldn't be a problem as you could come straight out with a backwrap.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Squiggle

A speeding up sprinkler???
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 09:50:11 PM »
I was jus wondering if you reversed the 2d shuffle and went into sprinkler would it speed it up?

i know its a bit of a stupid question but i was just wondering

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
infinite sprinkler?
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 10:04:25 PM »
I think it would actually slow it down faster.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Squiggle

infinite sprinkler?
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2005, 10:09:59 PM »
ok thx

seán_

Re: A speeding up sprinkler???
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 10:19:48 PM »
Quote from: squiggle
I was jus wondering if you reversed the 2d shuffle and went into sprinkler would it speed it up?

i know its a bit of a stupid question but i was just wondering

every time I try it it ends in tears, my head now hurts from trying to work out the physics since i have left my diabolos at work.

Bit of chatter between me and Jester (form Canberra) here about reverse hyperloops.

fildas

infinite sprinkler?
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 02:24:54 PM »
http://www.diabolo.cz/diabolo/Pece/videa/DUEL.avi on this video is a infinite sprinkler....this is my article.....0:55 sec....is it a right?
.....sorry, my english is not good.....

Pete

• VotW Contributor
infinite sprinkler?
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 06:05:21 PM »
The closest anyones really got to it yes. I have done one more rotation than that but only a few times and i can only do it with carbon fibre sticks which i no longer have.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal