Author Topic: Its that time of year!  (Read 16222 times)

Graham Milligan

Its that time of year!
« on: June 12, 2014, 01:17:43 PM »
Hey Hey folks.

i was in the midst of watching loads of new diabolo videos and trying to think of one to make for myself and then i realised that it was already June!
i know it might be slightly to early but theres no time like the present

DIABOLO.CA COLLABORATION 2014 BITCHESSSSSS!!

Yep thats right, i thought i'd plant the seed. get everyone thinking about what they want to video, where they want the video and who they would like to see editing this year! anyone got any ideas or does anyone want to give it a go? Although i think its been discussed before that whoever is editing needs to have some experience and get the ok from the general people etc.
Some Craic!

TomasCZ

Re: Its that time of year!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 02:06:56 PM »
Hi, can I contribute even if I can't do awesome and hardest tricks... ?

Graham Milligan

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 02:26:47 PM »
Of course this is a collaboration video. it means everyone who uses diabolo.ca is allowed to enter. the trick doesnt have to be the coolest one anyones ever seen. It can be funny or it can be using your surroundings. be creative no trick is a bad trick!

although not every trick people send in can be put into the video as it would just make it far too long.
Some Craic!

Arjan

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 05:30:32 PM »
Well you have got me hyped and all stoked about this. I would actually enjoy this to be a community effort on a new level.
I believe this year the forum celebrates it's 10 year anniversary, and this would be like the 7th or 8th collab in a row?
For sure I will contribute! And I will push some of my close diabolo friends to do the same. Could you all do the same?
Many things shoot trough my mind, I think we should go big and crazy with this. It could as well be the thing that would sort of revive the forum, and give it the boost it deserves. Please don't hesitate to respond, with whatever you think you need to say.

The Void

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 09:08:03 PM »
I enjoyed editing the kendama forum collaboration recently ( http://kendama.co.uk/collab ), and everyone seemed to enjoy being a part of it too. (No, I'm not volunteering to do the DCA one, sorry!). But yes, everyone, get involved, you'll love it, no matter what your skill level.
I'll get off my apathy to contribute to this year's collab. Looking forward to it already.
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

Wis

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 09:40:50 AM »
Argh, this year I had already decided to join the apathy and not send anything. But I guess I can always give another go to the non apathetic approach :)

So, let's talk? how big could we do it? What about trying to get a lot of passing in it? I saw a collaboration from Mexico and the pure fact that many people were doing passing was very... plainly nice. So I propose to try to set a day in the EJC and try to record there some massive passings.
As many people won't go to the EJC, anybody can try to do that a smaller scale in smaller conventions or with friends, obviously.
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Richard

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 09:57:57 AM »
Will defo post something :) will be travelling to some amazing locations in the West coast of the States on holiday so will try for something with a good background.

aaro

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 09:21:32 PM »
I like the passing idea, passing is a great way to pass time.

ADubhlaoich

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 07:45:43 PM »
I'm one of the people that's been conscripted to record the shows at EJC, so I'll be lugging my equipment around all week if anyone wants to get **** done then. Passing could be nice, but I think I'll keep out of it as being a lefty messes up shots!
One of the Irish people lurking about.

Graham Milligan

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 02:09:51 AM »
im sure there will be more than 1 lefty at EJC, and if not we could do some forwards passing and film from the side.

This is gonna be great, i think im gonna start filming some stuff soon while the weather is still awesome.
Some Craic!

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 01:56:00 AM »
I'm not very experienced at editing videos, I would really love to be able to edit the footage. Personally, I think Lucas Abduch would be the best person to edit it, but I really want to do it myself, and I would do everything possible to make it awesome and entertaining and inclusive.
fluffy kitty

5p3ak

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2014, 01:38:57 PM »
I'd do my best to make a creative trick or two
Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/MaFiaZai

hirsh21

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2014, 05:14:30 PM »
i don't really understand... haha
it's time to send our biggest/coolest/hardest tricks for the collab is it ?

Graham Milligan

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 01:09:29 PM »
No, what i mean is that it might be good to be ready for it.

eg. getting whoever wants to edit it sorted early. preferably someone who has the time and wont start getting swamped by work or exams or holidays whenever the time comes for it to be done and released.

Im just spitballing here, i dont necesarily care if no one wants to choose now. but it is up to the people of the forum to decide.
Some Craic!

The Void

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 02:10:19 PM »
So, it's 2 weeks since you raised the subject, and only 1 volunteer so far to be editor (Not Skilled Yet). I propose we wait one more week for volunteers, then decide.
(Not Skilled Yet, do you have some examples of your most recent videos?)
Any objections/other suggestions?
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

Toddyupa

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2014, 09:36:39 AM »
I'm down to edit it. I have a fair bit of experience editing. My only worry, is that I don't have great internet, and as such, downloading footage people upload might be a pain... Other than that, I should be able to do it.
pretentious 12 year old

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 07:04:44 PM »
void, this is the only video i've recently edited, it's not very interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO-YF26GI-0
I just will have a lot of free time, and I really want to do this and make it really good. what might also be good is if we do a crowdfunding type thing and maybe pay one or two well-known youtube animators to make cartoons for this, which might make it more interesting and make greater visibility, though I'm not sure how that would fit in, but it might
fluffy kitty

The Void

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2014, 10:47:04 PM »
NSY: Seems like you're already thinking about a project-within-a-project. Could be a nice thing, but remember, YOU would be in charge of making all that happen as well as the main editing job. Might be an idea to keep things simpler for yourself. But that would be up to you if you end up being the head honcho.

Anyway, now we have 2 volunteer editors:

Not Skilled Yet:
Inexperienced, but enthusiastic, and lots of time.

Toddyupa:
Has edited before, but internet issues could be a problem.
An example of his editing: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=32uoPYH5Kf0

Anyone else? Any more suggestions/ideas? Let's keep talking...

TomasCZ

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 07:14:59 AM »
My only worry, is that I don't have great internet, and as such, downloading footage people upload might be a pain...

I think this is not a problem, if we would have enough time  :)

hirsh21

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 10:46:55 AM »
Why don't ask to lucas ? he's a famous editer in youtube. Or ben hopper or even aiyegbeni ?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal