Author Topic: Which Diabolos to get back in the game?  (Read 3321 times)

randomlegend

Which Diabolos to get back in the game?
« on: July 22, 2014, 04:26:07 PM »
Heya guys, long time no see!

I haven't picked up my diabolo properly for a long time (good few years now  :-|) but have really got the itch the last few weeks and have been going at it every time I've had chance.

With my Uni exams about to finish up I want to get some new kit to play with over the summer when I'll have some time - my old stuff is really looking rickety.

I think I've decided on getting some Deos carbon sticks (although a strong opinion placed elsewhere may be able to sway me).

It's mainly Diabolos where I'm stuck. I was between getting a couple of Taibolo Super V2s or Epic A Dream Diabolos until today when the Sundia Evolution thread caught my eye and now they are creeping into the mix too.

I can't claim to be of any kind of standard comparable to many here, and I'm  extremely rusty (not quite like riding a bike, heh), but my love certainly lies with 1D. I was starting to get into 2D before I stopped but it was always come second, so that's worth bearing in mind I guess.

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Oh and I have a battered Taibolo Super V1 currently.

maxx9r

Re: Which Diabolos to get back in the game?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 11:06:22 PM »
i love and play taibolos, but if i would buy new diabolos i would rather choose epics.... they are more comfortable ....i have no experience with the new sundia evolution.........

epics are perfect for 1 2 3 4 diabolos..... i dont play vertax so i cannot judge.....
SICK WIT IT !!!

Chloé F.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 11:09:06 PM »
Hey randomlegend,

I've been using both Taibolos and Epics for a while, and it's true that these two are the best diabolos I have ever practiced with, but although I prefer the Epics for their large axle which makes them, to me, easier to use ;) so if you had to choose between them, I'd advise you the Epics !
I've never tried the new Sundia's, but I've had some Shinings and they're quite good, but I still prefer the Epics though :)

Lastly, I think choosing Deos sticks is a good thing. I don't own any of them, but have already tried them several times and they're just perfect :-D another pair of sticks I would advise you to try is Henry's carbon sticks. I always use them, and they appear to me as good as Deos  ;)

Here's my opinion, I hope that helps :-D
Chloé
There's nothing but what's bearable as long as a man can play diabolo.

ASamJ2K

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 06:19:31 AM »
 I prefer Epics over Taibolos, because I think epic are a bit better quality and it feels very nice when doing finger grinds with them.
For handsticks the DEOS carbon sticks is the way to go.
Last but not least string, use the DEOS string.

get DEOS gear @: http://www.renegadejuggling.com/diabolos-c36.html

I know this is pro gear but quality matters.
Diabolo lets me be me

SebiHausi

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 08:55:04 AM »
I have never tried the new sundia diabolos, but judging their other diabolos I have to say that I don't like them that much. I have used Taibolo V2 for more than 2 years and I was perfectly happy with them. Then I got Epics which are even an ounce better in my opinion ;).
Advantages of Epics compared to Taibolos:
- wider axis
- longer spin
- a bit heavier
- more stable

As for the sticks I can only agree with the others: Deos are the best.

TomasCZ

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 09:38:14 AM »
Don't forget, that Taibolos are made for multiple diabolo use. Honestly I think they are horrible for 1D  :-D

randomlegend

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 11:06:56 AM »
I got antsy and went ahead and ordered yesterday, looks like I made some good choices though.

Got two red Epics and some red Deos carbon handsticks along with a reel of Henry's string making their way to me as we speak. Can't wait!

Thanks for the advice everyone. :)

leomalabar

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 05:04:46 PM »
What do you think about Typhoon Juggle Dream diabolo?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal