Author Topic: excalibur/vertax genocides  (Read 16093 times)

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
excalibur/vertax genocides
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2006, 02:36:34 PM »
pop the right amount so that it is easy to go below the diabolo on the first or first and second swing. also, since from the pop it has added downward momentum, you have to hit fast and unwrap fast. I find that I naturally swing at a slant. the arm holding the stick is bent across my body (my right arm) and my right hand is above and a bit to the right of my left shoulder, at about the height of the top of my head. Hope that helps.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Eilex

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2006, 08:02:30 PM »
I started practising the vertax genocide today, everything is fine until the contact of the diabolo and string.
What usually happens is that the string hits the diabolo without wrapping itself around the axle and just shoots the diabolo far away.
Or sometimes it wraps, but it goes around the axle several times and gets tangled thus killing the speed. (It's too fast to catch)

Any ideas?
Slowly but steadily

ming

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2006, 08:11:13 PM »
If its bouncing away it means your hitting the diabolo too close to the handstick try pop it up more so it doesn't move away from you so much.

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2006, 09:26:06 PM »
Quote from: ming
If its bouncing away it means your hitting the diabolo too close to the handstick try pop it up more so it doesn't move away from you so much.
Does that really work?  I've been putting a bit of time into them lately for hope of something.  I've managed to hit the axle and string a few times but I've had the same problems Eilex has with it swiped off.  It's fairly in the middle of the string.  I'm not sure if my stick is too heavy or I'm swinging too hard.

I've still yet to land one, got awfully close earlier though, might get some lighter sticks.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

ming

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2006, 11:35:56 PM »
I find the catch point is about 3/4 the length of the string. I use carbon fibres but i was using my friend henry's aluminums and was nailing them everytime the other day where as with the light sticks its 75%ish.

I also find that the swing isn't as fast as you think its quite relaxed, i find it i keep it moving at the same speed of the initial sun.

hth

zwiggelbig

• Donator
Re: excalibur/vertax genocides
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009, 07:26:57 PM »
Hey their, could anyone help me out with a vertax genocide btb?

When I catch the diabolo the diabolo goes all the way to the other end. This means that I can't unwrap the diabolo! Anyone got an idea why it goes to the other end after I catched it? I can do normal ones perfectly but never been able to do btb..

Cheers,

Ramon

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal