Author Topic: excalibur/vertax genocides  (Read 15897 times)

Mithew

excalibur/vertax genocides
« on: November 28, 2005, 01:25:30 AM »
anyone have any advice on excalibur mini-genocides?  i can get a capture consistently, but when the string hits the diabolo, it doesn't catch.

mod edit: check out Martijn's new tutorial about excalibur genocides.
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

ming

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 01:33:03 PM »
Your could be
A: hitting too close to the handle so its not wrapping
B: not hitting with enoughm power
C: not starting the pirouette section early enough

Try mess about with all the above and should work

TimEllis

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 01:41:47 AM »
I would like to start practicing this genocide, but have no idea where to start.  I can do regular genocides fine.  Could someone possibly post a tutorial, or maybe even a video??
Keeping the world safe from boring people,

Tim Ellis

Check out my YouTube tutorials! 
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TimEllis

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 09:12:21 AM »
No tutorial I'm afraid, but there are a fair few videos of Matt Hall and others just doing the genocide for you to see.  A bit was in an Excalibur topic here .  Oh, and instead of turning to the left like you may do, you have to turn to the right to swing round and catch and then back into the wrap and turn to the left again as normal (all assuming right-handedness).

The pop is crucial, just come out of the left stopover slightly upwards and whilst it's on the open string for a bit, give a little lift with the string on the top cup.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 09:57:26 PM »
this video has a great example of a Matt Hall excalibur genocide ;)

jake jones

vertex genocide??
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 03:52:45 PM »
hi all people, (sorry if this is covered

but im just wondering if somebody could send me a video of a vertex genocide because i cant really get it, all could u explain how to do it (im left handed), thanx

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 10:29:59 PM »
you always say "sorr if this is covered" or something to that effect!!! how about you just look at the forum or the trick&video archive like the rest of us!

DAMIEN

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 06:52:37 AM »
i always have alot of trouble with it to i can do vertax good just the genocide part is were i stuff up :D
GO HARD OR GO HOME DIABOLO FOREVER!
I LOVE 2 DIABOLO'S!

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 07:07:27 AM »
some basic tips:
for a single, it shouldn't go up, it should just hover in terms of up and down movement. pop screws up the catch
hit it hard
start unwrapping with your left hand as soon as possible to generate momentum, i don't even let it finish wrapping before I unwrap.
other than that, practice a lot
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 03:34:02 PM »
I'd like to do a vertax tutorial , including genocides varients but since you're always turning in vertax it's hard to film so I don't really know how to do this ...

martijn

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 05:19:33 PM »
Yeah, you should film it from above and from the side, that's a lot clearer than just from the side :)

Mattias

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 05:31:52 PM »
Maybe this should be linked with this:
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=1503

I would like tips on the regular but there is probably a thread about it somewhere though... So nevermind, if you don't want to :P
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

tommygrhcp

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 10:39:05 PM »
Ive almost got them! Its such a sexy trick! have snapped a moon energy stick on the washing line whilst practising! I can catch the diab almost every time but its just regaining control atm.

tommygrhcp

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 01:39:51 PM »
Have landed 1!!! i wonder how many people can do this trick?! We should make a list lol!

TimEllis

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 04:24:06 PM »
My problem so far is that whenever I try for it, the diabolo goes flying away from me.  I noticed in any successful genocide the diabolo stays relatively close to the person.  What should I do different to keep the diabolo closer to me?

Tim Ellis

tommygrhcp

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2006, 04:57:05 PM »
Let go of the left stick(if right handed) as late as possible. I had that prob of it spinning off, my prob was that it wasnt exactly in vertax (i.e. 80 degrees instead of 90). hope this helps

TimEllis

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 11:18:02 PM »
Yeah that helped a TON!  Now I am just having trouble catching the other stick as it comes flying around.  I always see people in videos catching the string against their body, but my stick doesn't come that far.  I usually have ot try to catch it out of the air.  Maybe I'm starting to pirouette too early?  I don't know.

ALSO, is it normal to have just as much with btb genocide as regular?  I seem to be equally close to nailing both of those.  Thanks!

Tim Ellis

madmanjuggler

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 01:21:40 PM »
I always see people in videos catching the string against their body, but my stick doesn't come that far. I usually have ot try to catch it out of the air. Maybe I'm starting to pirouette too early? I don't know.

I had that problem when i was practicing them, what i found was that its suprising how hard you have to swing round to get the catch. When i was putting a bit more force into it, i was catching the diabolo and the stick would come alot closer.

Hope that helps.

Chris.

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2006, 10:40:01 AM »
Anyone got any tips on doubles or triples? I have managed doubles a few times before but my main problem with them is accidentally catching the diab on the first swing...but seein as im swinging it faster to get it round twice I've clocked myself in the face instead of just catchin it.

Any tips other than just, "swing under the diabolo"?  :wink:

ming

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2006, 01:04:18 PM »
Learn to get a nice high pop is the main thing then you can keep the spin slower with a bit more control. Also if find that you swing the sticks at more of an angle then you do in a normal one. Also practice practice practice

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal