Author Topic: 4 handsticks and other extraneous concepts  (Read 4493 times)

Not Skilled Yet

4 handsticks and other extraneous concepts
« on: September 10, 2014, 08:29:48 PM »
Hi, so I noticed that nobody does anything with two pairs of handsticks, so I started working on just tossing between the sticks, starting one in each hand. I had some ideas like cascade (which is far off) two umbrellas (which I can sort of do) new string tricks/body tricks.
do any of you have any other ideas or other concepts that you feel nobody works on? One thing I noticed was also bouncing off the ground, people usually don't do that.
fluffy kitty

MBg4

Re: 4 handsticks and other extraneous concepts
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 01:36:05 AM »
You've seen David Confal's 4 handsticks trick, right?
David Confal - Diabolo 2014 5:54 if for those who haven't. Man, I still can't stop watching this performance.

EDIT: Ryo Yabe's 4 handsticks trick (thx Diabolo88)

Sam.w

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 11:37:49 PM »
wow that is insane wish I could do that

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 08:21:03 AM »
You've seen David Confal's 4 handsticks trick, right?

No disrespect to anyone here that act is awesome but maybe worth throwing in there (since the drama from Tim's EJC vid thread over what's used in performances :-X) that Yabe did that trick first afaik. On WJF vid from 2004 from same convention as old classic VOTW 3D sun to armstall. You can do it along with a onehandsuncombo on the right/left (he did that as well). Not sure that video is still online?

A stall on one of the shuffles by just lifting a knee should be pretty easy.

One thing I've tried myself is continous backhandwhips 2D high on dominant hand (use second pair of sticks to start). A lot of stress on the wrist though because it needs to be high to "reload" the motion for the coming throws. Non dominant can also throw to grind on right pair of sticks and then do simple orbits with diab in string while the other sits on top. Not the best explanation but yeah...

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 04:07:24 PM »

One thing I've tried myself is continous backhandwhips 2D high on dominant hand (use second pair of sticks to start). A lot of stress on the wrist though because it needs to be high to "reload" the motion for the coming throws. Non dominant can also throw to grind on right pair of sticks and then do simple orbits with diab in string while the other sits on top. Not the best explanation but yeah...
that sounds cool and sort of familiar, I'm nowhere near good enough with 2d high to do that
fluffy kitty

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 05:11:35 PM »
that sounds cool and sort of familiar, I'm nowhere near good enough with 2d high to do that

Go ahead and try it knowing 2 high probably won't help you much anyway. ;) My 3 high is quite solid...it's still not the same thing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal