Author Topic: Torii Brothers New Video  (Read 3390 times)

spryoyabe

Torii Brothers New Video
« on: October 26, 2014, 09:46:11 PM »

ASamJ2K

Re: Torii Brothers New Video
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 02:50:35 AM »
You got skill :)
Diabolo lets me be me

Not Skilled Yet

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 09:38:00 PM »
huge amounts of flow and awesomeness against a beautiful background!
fluffy kitty

antho

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 11:18:09 PM »
they have skill but bearing is rubbish :)

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 04:29:24 PM »

Suuuuuure...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9-lQTfEvpo

Graham Milligan

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 12:23:30 PM »

I certainly don't prefer bearing over fixed axle because i enjoy the added challenge of keeping the diabolo spinning after doing a trick but in no way (in my opinion) are they rubbish. Bearing diabolos open up a whole new world of possibilities and i look forward to every video just seeing what insanity is made possible next!
Some Craic!

ADubhlaoich

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 10:34:57 PM »
On topic: Loving the tricks, I really need to work on integral stuff sometimes.. I have no excuse if these two can pull it off, and they'll only be getting better. Not sure what the feck's up with the diabolo video trend of mountain/forest background scenery, though.

Offtopic:

You know what the best part about diabolo is? Spinning it up. It's so much fun dedicating time and cognitive energy to making sure your diabolo has enough speed to pull off a trick and continue it on into a sequence before the next time you've set aside a segment of your routine to spinning up. It's particularly fun when working in vertax, which allows you larger opportunities for the fun acceleration period of diabolo.

Except not really.

I prefer fixed axles, but there are definite advantages and disadvantages to using them or bearing diabolos. Largerly, it ends up becoming a style preference; if you look at the stuff coming out of Asia, their use of bearings opens up certain trick sequences and possibilities that might not otherwise be doable or at least practical in use for a fixed axle. If someone manages to pull off a 531 sequence and the diabolos they're using happen to have bearings in them, that doesn't mean they can't pull off 531. Maybe they're just not arsed spending as much time spinning up.

Complaining about bearing diabolos doesn't make the person using them less skilled. It just makes you look like an asshat.
One of the Irish people lurking about.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal