Author Topic: Diabolo art  (Read 166175 times)

William

• VotW Contributor
Re: Diabolo art
« Reply #400 on: June 21, 2007, 07:25:32 AM »
Nice Mr. M Sax ;)

And Martijn. How would it work covering the whole t-shirt? On the subject of T-shirts.. What happened to the design the new diabolo.ca shirt thread? Wasn't is mean't to be drawn and the start of this month?
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

martijn

« Reply #401 on: June 21, 2007, 10:17:09 AM »
I wouldn't know Will, I just thought it would make an awesome t-shirt ;D I'm sure you can look it up on the net though.

I hope Sean will announce the winning design soon! I'll email him right away.

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #402 on: June 21, 2007, 11:07:06 AM »
Cool. I think I entered. When I think about it though it was a pretty crap design  ::)
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #403 on: June 21, 2007, 02:41:13 PM »
Can I make a suggestion that people cross-post their art in the Diabolo.ca Gallery? The other option would be to post the image only in the gallery and post a link here so the forum pages still load quickly for everyone.

Either way - I think the gallery is a great way to display everyones art in a way that can be easily found and viewed in the long run. ie. who in his/her right mind is going to read through all the previous 27 pages of this thread to find the art. ;)

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #404 on: June 22, 2007, 11:31:50 AM »
Good point Sean. I might upload some of my pictures.

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #405 on: June 27, 2007, 12:44:01 AM »
yeah folks, please use the gallery feature, id love to see all the good things collected, there is already so much great stuff in this thread!
dont be lazy, post your art!

full size in the gallery...

i had no comments on this because it was only in the gallery. however, i worked on it pretty long(about 3 hours) so i do cross posting like Sean suggested and hope to get some nice comments ;D
the hubs&axle are modeled and textured with 3dsmax, the rest is made in photoshop -for those who are into graphics...

thanks,
Peter

edit:why is this thread not sticky?

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #406 on: June 27, 2007, 07:00:17 AM »
Damn that is soo cool Peter!

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #407 on: June 27, 2007, 10:28:18 AM »
Loving the white rabbit there Peter  :P

I think I could draw or paint something diabolo related since I'm so out of inspiration with my art stuff right now. If anyone has ideas that they want as a picture, let me know, I could try maybe.

Chris80

« Reply #408 on: June 27, 2007, 06:22:52 PM »
Hi guys!
Great board! It helped me a lot. So now its time for my first post.

I took a friend with his camera and created some illuminated diabolo pictures for you. I hope you’ll like it. You can find these pictures also in the diabolo.ca gallery.

Chris

OLOBAID

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #409 on: June 28, 2007, 05:08:42 PM »
they rock so much! i really cant decide which i like the most - the best lightpics i've seen so far!
thanks chris, for posting them here!

--- watch Videos on YouTube, visit my Website or mail to hiwatt@gmx.at ---

martijn

« Reply #410 on: June 30, 2007, 01:52:58 PM »
Oh yeah, awesome pics Chris, I see you're enjoying your lightsticks as well :) They add so much to illuminated diabolo juggling. The diabolo patterns are very nice, how did you get them on camera so tight and detailed? There's hardly any blur in the shapes. Well done!

n3mo

« Reply #411 on: June 30, 2007, 10:37:48 PM »
ahh, finally figured out how to use inkscape. i'll work on it more later, but for now:

heh original idea was for the t-shirt contest, but well...a month late. *shrug*

edit// btw, any idea why its all jagged? it looks fine in photobucket...
- Princeton Juggling Club -

martijn

« Reply #412 on: June 30, 2007, 11:00:57 PM »
Yeah, your pic is too big, so the forum automatically resizes it (by html). Post a thumbail here that links to the bigger pic ;) Take it easy on us!

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #413 on: July 01, 2007, 04:03:08 AM »
Got some of my t-shirt designs. Because the other two were only recently made/redesigned. Of course I'm doing to right thing- Thumbnail is a link to the full size image ;)

David - SAS1

« Reply #414 on: July 04, 2007, 09:42:15 PM »
Can someone please explain how to convert images to vector in inkscape as I am having no luck experimenting.
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

Graham

« Reply #415 on: July 05, 2007, 03:34:01 PM »
There's a post a few pages back where I explained how to do it in photoshop... I've never used inkscape but I'd guess that the technique is similar. I think I might have a go with it myself actually.

n3mo

« Reply #416 on: July 05, 2007, 04:36:53 PM »
Since I don't know how much you know about photoshop, I'm just gonna write this as if you've never used it:
Photoshop has these things called vector shapes, which you create by adding points round the edge of an area of colour and adjusting the  "handles" on the points to change the curves between it and the points either side of it, until the shape perfectly matches the area you're surrounding. (If you use photoshop, it's done with the pen tool, and you have to select the vector shapes option, which is the first of the three icons in the top left of the toolbar, which are vector shape, path, and fill respectively). Then you can just choose a colour for the shape - photoshop fills it for you. My images are done with lost of these shapes, one for each area of colour (drawn from a source photo, obviously). As a guide, that last one had 23 such shapes, plus the string, and it took about 4 hours or thereabouts. I add the details (such as the collar line on this one, and the chin on the first one) with thin black vector shapes with the layer opacity adjusted. The string is done differently since it's a long line rather than a shape; it's just a path which I've stroked with bright yellow using a small brush.

--phunky

here it is. essentially a pen tool (same thing in inkscape), trace the edges, and adjust the bevels until it fits your shape. it takes quite a bit of time, especially when you embellish it like phunky does ><
- Princeton Juggling Club -

David - SAS1

« Reply #417 on: July 05, 2007, 06:25:42 PM »
For some stupid reason I thought there was some "vectorise" function that I hadn't found.  Anyway, I will try those instructions
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

Graham

« Reply #418 on: July 05, 2007, 10:45:36 PM »
heh, if only. Unfortunately computers can't yet recognise what's in the picture well enough to know where the edges should be :) Photoshop has a function called "posterize" which does it very roughly which is helpful when doing some vectors but it's no substitute for doing it yourself. n3mo's right when he says it takes time - the last one I did (here) had really complicated hair and that alone took me 4 hours or so... the whole rest of the was only about 2 hours (edit: actually, thinking about it, it was more like 3 or 4) or so combined.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #419 on: July 06, 2007, 09:19:45 AM »
the last one I did (here) had really complicated hair

Thats a really well done picture!
Any chance you do requests? :D
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal