Author Topic: Henry's carbon handsticks  (Read 3965 times)

MASSIVEboonus

Henry's carbon handsticks
« on: March 20, 2015, 08:01:42 PM »
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the website and this is, in fact, my first post. I went ahead and browsed the stickies so as not to repeat a thread, so apologies if I inadvertently do so.

I recently purchases a Finesse and got a pair of Henry's carbon short handsticks with it. I was very excited but a little nervous about how light they seemed. They felt very breakable so I tried to baby them as much as possible. Despite this, just two days after purchase, one of the sticks broke underneath the handle and now the stick is very flimsy. I can understand them breaking after a long while, but it broke not two days after purchase and these are fairly expensive sticks! The worst part is that they broke whilst I was doing a Chinese acceleration, such a basic trick. I'm fairly new to the scene, but I am not a beginner, so I don't believe it was my poor form, but I could be wrong.

So here is my question, is this a common thing? Should I go with aluminum or fiberglass sticks next time or was this just a very unlucky occurrence?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Timo

Re: Henry's carbon handsticks
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 10:47:50 PM »
I only use Henry's Carbon hand Sticks (Short) for about a year now.
I didn't even "tried to baby them" and they didn't break until yet. So I don't know why yours did break  :)

MASSIVEboonus

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 11:03:14 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

I'm gonna see if maybe there is a warranty for them or something to that effect. It seems odd that carbon handsticks could break so easily. I really liked them, otherwise.

maximumspin

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 04:38:26 PM »
Don't have Henry's but 2 Sundias and haven't broke them.  I would definitely check with the seller, maybe there was a defect in the material.

MASSIVEboonus

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 08:01:03 PM »
I definitely sent them an email concerning it. Thank you for your input. I hope it can be resolved, especially since they aren't cheap and only lasted two days. I've rarely read of people breaking them, I just wasn't sure if it was just not common or what. From what you all are saying, apparently this isn't common at all.

Tommaso

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 01:11:48 PM »
Hi! Henrys carbon sticks are defenitely breakeble (even if they are the best sticks in my opinon) but baby them to avoid to broke them it's too much :) I suggest you to pay attention at the handle point (don't handle them at the end but in the middle, 2 fingers grab the "fat" part and the others 2 the "slim" part ) and pay attention to don't  hit the floor when you do integral tricks. Keep these 2 advices on your mind and you ll never break you sticks (or at least not immediatly :) . I do Hope what i wrote can help you! Ciaoooo!

MASSIVEboonus

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2015, 04:45:05 PM »
Well that was part of the weird part as I usually try to hold them with my thumbs at the top point of the grip so as to minimize the load on the stick overall. If I do get another pair, I'll definitely keep those tips in mind...but I don't know how much I want to get another pair, at this point! Thanks for the tips.

MASSIVEboonus

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 03:55:01 PM »
Just to update everyone, it turns out the company I went through said they expect it to be a manufacturer's defect and a very rare occurrence and are willing to replace them as I showed them the fault. Thank you all for your responses. I thought a carbon stick breaking the second day of use was a little fishy...

As a side note, the company was fantastic and had great customer service. I won't list their name, as I don't want to violate any rules, but if you want a recommendation for a fantastic diabolo supplier, just pm me and I'll tell you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal